Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe

wandler20 posted:

23 years ago isn't recent. You're (we're) just old.

I'm definitely old, I just went into the search figuring it'd be pre-Favre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Watching the game last night, Aaron Rodgers just seems like such a piece of poo poo teammate. He’s always yelling, or upset, or angry at someone. Listening to the reporter saying how it took Watson forever to even be treated like a human by Rodgers, basically. Was he always like that?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I woke up this morning and remembered last night's game and had a good chuckle as I rolled out of bed.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Chinatown posted:

I woke up this morning and remembered last night's game and had a good chuckle as I rolled out of bed.

If I had any idea how I'd put A.A.Ron on the cover.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Ort posted:

Watching the game last night, Aaron Rodgers just seems like such a piece of poo poo teammate. He’s always yelling, or upset, or angry at someone. Listening to the reporter saying how it took Watson forever to even be treated like a human by Rodgers, basically. Was he always like that?

The media line is Aaron needs time to develop trust with receivers before they get consistent targets. Seems more like he's just a cranky old man that hates change

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

aaron is probably on the third tier of guys who get to carve out a place where they can freely indulge in their lack of mental wellness completely unchecked. treating everyone poorly, trusting no one including those who know much more than they do, etc. above guys who own medium sized businesses but below the truly dangerous

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Aaron Rodgers has basically become Ben Roethlisberger at this point in his career.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Mega64 posted:

Aaron Rodgers has basically become Ben Roethlisberger at this point in his career.

Look, Aaron Rodgers sucks and is annoying, but comparing him to a literal rapist is a touch much.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Dexo posted:

Look, Aaron Rodgers sucks and is annoying, but comparing him to a literal rapist is a touch much.

give it another year when he's guest lecturing at Jared Leto's island.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Cavauro posted:

aaron is probably on the third tier of guys who get to carve out a place where they can freely indulge in their lack of mental wellness completely unchecked. treating everyone poorly, trusting no one including those who know much more than they do, etc. above guys who own medium sized businesses but below the truly dangerous

He's definitely falling hard and fast when like Peyton Father Time comes to cash the cheques

I don't see the whole team putting him on their back like the Broncos did

(Irrelevant part taken out.)

Isentropy fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jan 10, 2023

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lol what

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't know i was fucken around and jacling ***

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Sometimes I think about when Rodgers was haha funny inoffensive discount double check Aa-ron from Key and Peele compared to now and laugh

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Dexo posted:

I don't mean that, but more that both are self-important whiners who think themselves as wonderful people that often throw people under the bus and have massive mope sessions when things don't go their way.

Rodgers' late-stage career feels very similar to Ben's in a lot of ways.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Dexo posted:

he's personally responsible for every diarrhea, thjat's a fact

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

All hetero sex is rape, which leaves Rodgers in the clear

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

JT Jag posted:

Sometimes I think about when Rodgers was haha funny inoffensive discount double check Aa-ron from Key and Peele compared to now and laugh

it really is remarkable how he started digging down and never stopped.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

rodgers was always like this

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tihs guy looks like his brother

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

rodgers was always like this
yeah, but he had a PR agent for most of his career

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
... is Rodgers even a hall of fame qb?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Asproigerosis posted:

... is Rodgers even a hall of fame qb?

Are you really asking if a superbowl MVP, 4x league MVP, 4x All Pro, and 10x Pro Bowler is a hall of famer

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

a neat cape posted:

Are you really asking if a superbowl MVP, 4x league MVP, 4x All Pro, and 10x Pro Bowler is a hall of famer

yeah joe flacco should be in the hof but what does that have to do with aaron rodgers

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Yes I'm asking if a loser that could only get one super bowl ring is even worth the hall of fame

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Asproigerosis posted:

Yes I'm asking if a loser that could only get one super bowl ring is even worth the hall of fame

Yea he's a first ballot hall of famer

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Asproigerosis posted:

Finally, someone who speaks the truth about Peyton manning

No his Broncos one doesn't count

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

really queer Christmas posted:

Finally, someone who speaks the truth about Peyton manning

No his Broncos one doesn't count

but that's the one that got him into the HoF!

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

a neat cape posted:

Yes yes yes yes yesssss but…. What about his politics though

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
aaron rodgers stinks!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

aaron rodgers is a system QB

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
As much as I hate Rodgers, I've never been more terrified of an opposing QB than Aaron in his prime. Dude had a spectacular gift for ripping the ball downfield into an impossible window. Despite him being a smug prick and an dumbass libertarian, I'll actually be a bit sad when he finally does retire, because it'll mean we're losing one of the best QBs to play the game.

Also I won't get to see that rear end in a top hat buried into the turf anymore and that'll be a drat shame.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he seemd pretty cool

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I could never stand him but Rodgers is one of the best ever. I was a Favre guy. Obviously only in terms of on the field for both these things.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The potential last pass that Rodgers threw in a Packers uniform was absolutely Favre-esque.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

hughesta posted:

aaron rodgers stinks!

He should try deodorant.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Bird in a Blender posted:

He should try deodorant.

He’d try some “all natural” thing made of mushrooms, endangered tree moss, and animal placenta that makes him stink even worse.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Also I won't get to see that rear end in a top hat buried into the turf anymore and that'll be a drat shame.
If he plays for the Jets next year, he'll absolutely have chances to be buried in the turf with our OL.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
Rodgers won't be retiring this year...

...because he's not done losing to the Lions over and over again yet :getin:

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

JonathonSpectre posted:

Rodgers won't be retiring this year...

...because he's not done losing to the Lions over and over again yet :getin:

Not indicative of anything but a factoid I love, there are now two quarterbacks to have beaten Rodgers twice in a single season, Brett Favre and Jared Goff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
If A A Ron wants to be in the hall he shouldn't have lost playoff games to noted scrub 4 pick throwing Russell Wilson