Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
It's still mind-boggling how there was a linear, increasingly traumatic series of losses for those 4 NFC playoff teams that have kind of defined each team since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Manoueverable posted:

It's still mind-boggling how there was a linear, increasingly traumatic series of losses for those 4 NFC playoff teams that have kind of defined each team since.

The Lions basically went into a rebuild that they're only just now recovering from and starting to look like a playoff team again.
The Cowboys have won exactly one playoff game since then and might lose to a team with a losing record on Monday.
The Packers have made three NFCCGs since then but have gotten smacked around to varying degrees of humiliation in each one.
The Seahawks basically never recovered until maybe right around now.

Yeah, it's been a rough eight years for those four teams.

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde

MJeff posted:

The Lions basically went into a rebuild that they're only just now recovering from and starting to look like a playoff team again.
The Cowboys have won exactly one playoff game since then and might lose to a team with a losing record on Monday.
The Packers have made three NFCCGs since then but have gotten smacked around to varying degrees of humiliation in each one.
The Seahawks basically never recovered until maybe right around now.

Yeah, it's been a rough eight years for those four teams.

The Hawks won their division a couple years ago?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

THIS_IS_FINE posted:

We're trying to craft a narrative here, pipe down.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

THIS_IS_FINE posted:

It's not inaccurate, the Hawks have made the playoffs plenty of times since but were never really serious contenders in any of those years, and it's public knowledge now that the Super Bowl loss cast a huge shadow over the team that it really never recovered from.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
The Hat Man slump must end

https://twitter.com/orthodago/status/1613273241866457098

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Aaron had a premonition of Noggin Boss but was powerless to stop it.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Questioning if yall are really football fans if you think Rodgers is HoF worthy

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Meanwhile Pete Carroll oddly started wearing a hat this week :thunk: :thunk: :thunk:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yeah!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Mega64 posted:

I don't mean that, but more that both are self-important whiners who think themselves as wonderful people that often throw people under the bus and have massive mope sessions when things don't go their way.

Rodgers' late-stage career feels very similar to Ben's in a lot of ways.

Don't think we'll have to contend with Rodgers rehabilitating his image as "a family man".

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Android Apocalypse posted:

Aaron had a premonition of Noggin Boss but was powerless to stop it.

lol

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Asproigerosis posted:

You're going to need to make your case he's not, because "Rodgers shouldn't be in the HoF because he only has one ring" sounds like some Skip Bayless poo poo imo

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
"Rodgers shouldn't be in the HoF because it would really annoy him if he was kept out and we would get to see his reaction to it." is my case.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Y’all should want Rodgers to get in the HoF cause his induction speech has the potential to be hilarious.

Also cause it’s inevitable.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Asproigerosis posted:

Rodgers should be in a Hall Of Fame, the 49ers HoF for how often they owned him in the playoffs.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

fartknocker posted:

Y’all should want Rodgers to get in the HoF cause his induction speech has the potential to be hilarious.

It wouldn’t really be. I would guess it would be by the numbers.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

syzpid posted:

Rodgers should be in a Hall Of Fame, the 49ers HoF for how often they owned him in the playoffs.

I support this

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

syzpid posted:

:hmmyes:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

syzpid posted:

A very persuasive argument counselor. I feel I'm inclined to agree with you.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

syzpid posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OemNp6hgX4

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

This needs to be immortalized in Canton.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

kalensc posted:

This needs to be immortalized in Canton.

Needs to be this version with the tweet overlayed

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

fartknocker posted:

"... and nobody believed in me."

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

"... and nobody believed in me."

he's gonna plagiarise michael jordan?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Found a bookie giving -12 to Buffalo hell yeah I’ll take that consolation prize

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I miss when the big hat was a thing for a week

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

sharknado slashfic posted:

I miss when the big hat was a thing for a week

Feel like Cousins is going to get a Big Hat like 4 months after the last person forgot about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

syzpid posted:

:hmmyes: