Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches
Let's play Yi Xian! I'm following this guide:

Xom posted:

Ratings and characters in this match (replay code: gmakhgnvtx):
  • 4761 Du Lingyuan (Elixirist?)
  • 4832 Jiang Ximing (Formation Master)
  • 41XX Hua Qinrui (Musician)
  • 3953 Wu Ce (Elixirist)
  • 5690 Lin Xiaoyue (Painter) <-- me
  • 58XX Long Yao (Fuluist)
  • 34XX Lin Xiaoyue (?)
  • 35XX Mu Hu (Painter)
Round 1, My starting hand is Qi Perfusion, Thunder Sword, Cloud Sword - Fleche, Cloud Sword - Touch Earth, and Guard Qi. If I get an overwhelming amount of Cloud Sword cards, especially Fleche, I'm willing to pick Fuluist next round instead and play Cloud Sword (eventually into Dharma Spirit Sword via Lithe As Cat), so I exchange Guard Qi first. I get Sword Defence, so I exchange Touch Earth, getting Sword Slash, then Fleche, getting Dried small fish from Curiosity. I assume I'm going to lose the battle, so I play Qi Perfusion, Thunder Sword, Sword Slash, because then Thunder Sword probably gets played twice before I die. (If I had paid attention to the fact that I was going to fight Long Yao, I would've known for sure that I was going to lose, because Long Yao draws two cards on Round 1 from her initial Immortal Fate.) Round 2, I also lose, which is typical while I'm collecting the tier-one cards for my combo.

Round 3, I thought Wu Ce would kill me in six turns, which was baseless, so I moved Thunder Sword to slot five, but I would've won if I kept my original timing and moved Qi Perfusion to play around Striding Into the Wind, as described in the guide: (qi delay,) Thunder Sword, Sword Slash, Sword Defence, Qi Perfusion, Flying Fang Sword. (My Sword Slash, Sword Defence, and Flying Fang Sword were lv.2 at the time.) Around this time I also exchanged a Thunder Sword, because triggering Curiosity every round in order to find Catnip is more important than 3-damage upgrades.

Round 4, I don't know what I was thinking, I laid out a six-turn combo, but the opposing Lin Xiaoyue's previous-round board was telegraphing a five-turn kill, and since she had broken through, she wasn't collecting tier-one cards like me, and would be faster. So I should've trimmed my combo to Sword Slash, Qi Perfusion, Flying Fang Sword, Thunder Sword to do as much damage as I could in four turns, and take 2 less Destiny damage, which is based on the final HP difference. After this, I'm at 79 Destiny, but if I'd saved 6 last round and 2 this round, I'd be at 87.

Round 5, I completed maxing Sword Slash and Sword Defence, so I broke through, but I'm still using up all my exchanges in order to dig for Catnip. I won Rounds 5 and 6 vs. Hua Qinrui and Mu Hu.

Round 7, I combined my Flying Fang Swords and moved my Thunder Sword up to dodge Golden Rooster Independence, which Jiang indeed moved to cover my previous round's position. It weakened my Cloud Sword - Cat Paw instead, which was still enough to stall me a turn. I lost, but there was a 50% chance I would've won if his one Hexagram-less Falling Thunder had rolled in the bottom half of its range.

Round 8, I broke through to Immortality for my power spike with Cat Spirit Chaos Sword, and I won. I would've lost if Wu Ce had randomly found a surprise Rooster to play.

Round 9, Hua Qinrui broke through to Immortality for her power spike, and she won. Maybe she would've lost if she found no Water Spirit - Dive nor Metal Spirit - Iron Bone, who knows.

Round 10, I randomly moved my Cat Spirit Chaos Sword to turn 7 to try to dodge the Iron Bone (her previous board was practically the same as the one in the screenshot below), which is nonsense, because if she wanted to counter me, she should move it to cover turns 5-7, and if she's lazy and doesn't move it, she's already covering turn 7. I would've won if I attacked straightforwardly on turn 5. So I could've saved 17 Destiny, but it requires her to make a mistake, which she did. For those keeping track, I could now be at 68 instead of 43.

Round 11, Jiang broke through to Incarnation early and played a half-empty board. I won.

Round 12, I broke through to Incarnation, and with my 19 exchanges, found Contemplate Spirits Rhythm, Cloud Dance Rhythm x2, and Finishing Touch. Hua still did not break through, and played an interesting board with Regen Tune. Her Dive missed, though to be fair, my five-turn combo wasn't quite lethal; however, Regen Tune helped keep me alive just long enough to do my combo again, eight turns later, and barely win, with 5 HP left.

Round 13, still no improvement. I lose to Du Lingyuan, but I could win if I'd found Sword Intent Surge, my key card at Incarnation phase.

Round 14, I decide to play around Wu's previous board of turn 4 Cide + turn 5 Cide, but I was too lazy to do the arithmetic, and my combo isn't even lethal! Azure Dragon, Chain, Cloud Dance is still only 11 Sword Intent, same as what I had before, but missing 6 damage from Sword Slash, which would make the difference to be lethal in this round. It didn't matter though, because she moved the first Cide to turn 5. I'm eliminated in 5th place; if I'd conserved the 6 + 2 + 17 Destiny earlier, I'd survive at 13 Destiny instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

12 hours of playtime later: I love this game?? I've been doing some of the PVE stuff and enjoying the roguelike mode, but I've spent the majority of my time playing ranked with other players. It's really good! I really like optimizing my perfect hand, watching it in action, then tweaking or building to counter what I'm facing.

I own starter sword man, free sword lady, dragon lady, and bearded hexagram man, and so far I like them all for different reasons. I want the rest! I especially want someone who is in the third faction so I can play with those mechanics outside of casual mode.

Which is - I also enjoy the F2P mechanic encouraging me to play 1-2 tournaments and then stop, so I don't burn myself out, and so I can get more rewards tomorrow. This is already healthier for me than my usual pattern of "binge entire game forever, never touch again" (Monster Train at 169 hours, Slay the Spire at 112, etc)

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches
😎

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches
I discovered that the original effect wording distinguishes between drawing cards from the card pool (抽) and gaining newly created cards (获得), despite that both have been translated as "draw", and updated my guide with the information:

Xom posted:

• Card pool mechanics, previously my summary of the next guide in this list, but updated 2023-11-7 with a revealing comparison of original and translated effect wording

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Today in cards I'm driving my opponents insane by building the world's most annoying stall/turtle deck. Every card I play raises my HP/DEF and sometimes I boost my max HP, and they can't fuckin' kill me and we always have to end by time out, where I win by technical :v:

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches
NEW!

Xom posted:

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches
This Jiang Ximing Exodia stuff is great. The gist of it is that Anthomania Formation plus Incarnation-phase Astral Eclipse is an absurd combo that always existed, but now you can use Luck to roll for Astral Eclipse. And there's another strong version of the build using Water Drop Erosion.

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches
Another old guide, plus a little bonus:

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches

Xom posted:

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches
Yi Xian's next rotating game mode is 1v1 Hold 'Em mode, with six community cards, three hand cards (and three exchanges), and one betting round. The player going second gets a Spring Course Tea. Redeal after each battle instead of keeping cards.

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches

Xom posted:

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches

Xom posted:

Xom fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Nov 22, 2023

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches

Xom posted:

Yi Xian's next rotating game mode is 1v1 Hold 'Em mode, with six community cards, three hand cards (and three exchanges), and one betting round. The player going second gets a Spring Course Tea. Redeal after each battle instead of keeping cards.

The event is live! The title you get for reaching 1000 points is "Gentleman's Sword"; in Chinese, it's "君子论剑"; it could be translated as "Gentleman and Scholar of Swords", except that "Gentleman's Sword" already fills all of the space. The points you get at the end of each match include some participation points, but I think you get fewer as you accumulate more points, though I didn't pay close enough attention to confirm. Anyway I love this avatar-cardframe-title set.

EDIT: "Flod" is not a very exciting typo next to hits like "Distubing Fulu" (which makes you think of disemboweling) and "Thunder and Lighting".

Xom fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Nov 23, 2023

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches
This Tan Shuyan emoted "Finally I made it!" (which, in the original Chinese, is more clearly about assembling one's deck), followed by Awkward Tan Shuyan when she lost. She'd eaten a Divine Power Grass, too. In the next and final round, she tried moving Hexagram Formacide behind Five Thunders, which dodged Iron Bone, but again I survived with 9 HP and killed with Giant Tripod. (She ate another Divine Power Grass, too.) Anyway, I have all the achievements now.

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches
Here's another wall of text about Du Lingyuan:

Xom posted:

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches

Darksun Studios & Gamera Games posted:

1.0 VERSION & FREE-TO-PLAY ANNOUNCEMENT
in January 2024

Hello everyone,

Yi Xian will celebrate its first anniversary in a few days. Thank you for being with us along the journey of cultivation.

Today, we want to share some important news with everyone:

Yi Xian will launch its full version in January 2024. The game will go free to play for every player and be available on mobile platforms*.

Cross-save and Cross-platform? Yes!

*Due to limited resource, the mobile version will initially launch in China mainland. We are planning to release the mobile version in more countries and regions and actively preparing for it.

To those who have supported us and purchased the game before it goes free, our gratitude knows no bounds. You will receive 320 Divine Jade and new outfit "Mu Yifeng·Flying on Clouds".

*Your total playtime should be more than 2 hours to receive the bonuses.

We hope these bonuses can reduce any dissatisfaction caused by the game transitioning to a free-to-play model to some degree. We sincerely hope you understand our decision.

Regard the specific launch date, we will announce it as soon as we decide.

Thank again for your support. We will announce some interesting content you can play in 1.0 version in the next month.
You will definitely be excited about this!

Hope to explore a bigger Yi Xian world with all of you in 2024.

F2P FAQ:

- If I purchased Yi Xian before it goes free, how can I receive the bonuses?
- You will receive all items by in-game mail. Remember to log in and claim the bonuses before they expire in 6 months.

- If I purchased the Yi Xian but never started the game before, can I receive the existing player bonuses after the game goes free?
- Thank you for your support. Please play the game at least once and create an account before it goes free. Otherwise, we can not find you and send bonuses to you.

- What if I buy and play Yi Xian between now and when it goes free to play. Can I get anything?
- Yes. If you purchase Yi Xian and create a account during this period, you will be eligible for the existing players bonuses.

- If I refunded Yi Xian, can I still receive the existing player bonuses?
- If you purchase Yi Xian again before it becomes free-to-play, you will receive it.

- Will you add pay-to-win content after game goes free?
- No. Never.

- Is the outfit "Mu Yifeng·Flying on Clouds" only provided with players who purchase the game before it goes free?
- No. "Mu Yifeng·Flying on Clouds" will be available when game is free in January 2024. Every player can purchase it.

If you have any other questions about 1.0 version and free-to-play, please feel free to leave any comments.
(Previously, the developers had planned to increase the price instead. This is better, of course.)

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches
New:

Xom posted:

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

Had no idea so many translated resources were now available, thankyou so much! Will get back into this in preparation for the F2P change.

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches
New:

Xom posted:

Xom fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Dec 13, 2023

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches

Xom posted:

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches

Darksun Studios & Gamera Games posted:

Yi Xian 1.0 Announcement

Hi Everyone,

We have a big announcement today! Yi Xian version 1.0 will be available on Jan 22,2024 and become free-to-play!

New Sect "Duan Xuan" (锻玄宗) with 2 new characters will join the world of Yi Xian in 1.0.

We will post more information about the new sect in the coming days, please stay tuned!

*Players who purchase Yi Xian before Jan 22,2024 will receive following bonuses when 1.0 is out:
  • 800 Divine Jade
  • Cardback Founder
  • Honorific Title Founder
  • Colorful Scrolls *5
Your playtime should be more than 2 hours to receive bonuses.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1948800/view/3872597312443306702?l=english

New faction coming in 1.0 (game is also going free to play)

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches
I don't know how I'll find time to finish this, so here's what I have:

Xom posted:

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches
Free-to-play release incoming at 1 AM New York time. Big patch; highlights:
  • New sect of martial artists
  • New season mechanic: Each match, four upgrades are offered in a side shop, costing Destiny.
  • Balance changes, including Inspiration Sword 8/12/16 → 6/9/12
  • New cosmetics

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches
The game is not free yet due to technical difficulties, but they're on it.

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches
It's free now, but people are reporting an error when they try to install the game. I'll try to post again when I hear from someone that it worked.

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches
New:

Xom posted:

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches

Xom posted:

It's free now, but people are reporting an error when they try to install the game. I'll try to post again when I hear from someone that it worked.
Someone said it's working now!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Cool! Time to check out the new character type. I haven't played in a bit.

e: oh lol the card art gacha

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jan 24, 2024

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches
Here are some codes you can redeem in the settings for Spirit Stones:
  • wanyixianpai
  • yixianpai0122
Here's a code you can redeem to unlock all characters for 24 hours:
  • yixianpai2024

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches
New:

Xom posted:

• As of v1.0, there's an in-game deck gallery, which also contains some advice; it's accessible from the main screen, and also in the top left when playing a match.
  • Xiao Bu Force Turn 3 Kill guide by Matthew, written 2024-1-25

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches
I've been playing Yao Ling. The Destiny+3 Elixir feels so good. Guard Up Elixir is good against Xiao Bu Debuffs, the current most popular build. But I don't know if I can beat the Force build, I haven't faced it.

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches
New:

Xom posted:

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches
A few days ago, we discovered that matchmaking is now separate with China and International servers. This was disheartening to we international players who wanted to play with top players. Today, we discovered that your server is determined not by your Steam or mobile region, but by the language you select in the game!!!

Simplified Chinese connects to China server. English and Traditional Chinese connect to International server.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
The Crash Fist red secret is insane: gmal29tcvb

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

The new school's Agility mechanic feels like a better chase. Unlike chase there's no drawback to doublestacking it, so you don't have to be nearly as fussy about card order. Just cram two Crane Agility early in the hand, then Crash Fist - Blink into Crash Fist - Continue into Crash Fist - Anything, and you've got an end game build with infinite chase that doesn't get blown out by card skips.

Meanwhile Physique gives you something to do early in the game while you're waiting for your build to come together. Just put Xiao Bu's unique card in slot 1, or use whatever free level 3 cards Tu Kui generates passively, and then round 10 or 11 you'll have fifty free max HP and a solid third of your cards will give you powerful free bonuses.

Both characters have weak Immortal Fates to offset their bonkers raw cards, but that just means you get to take powerful generic Immortal Fates.

They seem real, real good!

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches

Xom posted:

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches
Another balance patch today!

Also, the following code can be redeemed for 1200 Spirit Stones and 72 hours of unlocking all characters: yixianeryue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I've been dabbling a bit after finding the game after a couple of streamers started showcasing it. I've done a few casual practice lobbies with the sword intent into unrestrained sword (yan xue/lu jianxin), and trying to make a homebrew force of water deck work with hua qinrui, which I had decent success with - 2nd place after ultimately getting demolished by wood thorn, after which I now severly doubt that it's good enough for real lobbies. The heptastar and duan xuan factions seem a little too daunting for now.

Also I have so much trouble remembering all the chinese names and perks, and there are so many little interactions that are unclear to me, i.e. what influences health and max health permanently, how to manipulate absord/redraw for best effect, when to save redraws for what cultivation level, etc.

The game as a whole seems to have a pretty significant skill ceiling, while still being pretty very luck dependant. I'm not sure if the variety of "good builds" is significant enough to keep me hooked in the long run, or if certain dominant strategies are too strong and repetitive.

But for now, I keep coming back to it and I like watching streams and youtube videos of runs to learn stuff.