Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches
New:

Xom posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches

Xom posted:

A few days ago, we discovered that matchmaking is now separate with China and International servers. This was disheartening to we international players who wanted to play with top players. Today, we discovered that your server is determined not by your Steam or mobile region, but by the language you select in the game!!!

Simplified Chinese connects to China server. English and Traditional Chinese connect to International server.
Matchmaking is now unified again.

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches
Xiao Bu Elixirist game review

Record code: gmajo4vv7e

I didn't record video, so I can't review exchanging or other such decisions.

Rounds 1-3, I played well. Round 4, I don't have enough damage; I should've played the Small Recover Elixir one turn earlier, on turn five, which would have let me survive and cycle.

Round 5, Gather Force before Standing Firm avoids consuming 1 Force, allowing Force to be stacked higher for the other attacks; I missed lethal because of this mistake.

Round 6, I fixed the Gather Force position. Crash Fist - Entangle before Gather Force results in about the same damage. It's possible to cut Standing Firm and/or Crash Footwork and kill on turn six, but they're bad against a timelier Earth Spirit Elixir. The same is true in Round 7, but this time, maybe I should've considered playing around Illusion Tune, depending on what was visible on their previous board.

Round 8, Crash Citta-Dharma is a much better source of the other 3 Force than Gather Force + Shake. The best board is Elusive Footwork, Crash Citta-Dharma, Subdue Dragon (break Guard Up), Mighty Force, Shake, Strong Force (Chases), Vigorous Force (lethal in this case), Gather Force/Truncate.

In Round 9, it's inexplicable why Lin still hadn't broken through. Maybe they were disconnected, or they're some kind of easy bot. Unlike Hua, Lin doesn't deal damage every turn, so we need Sailing through Sky to kill on turn five (assuming she did break through): Elusive Footwork, Subdue Dragon, Sailing through Sky, Mighty Force, Vigorous Force, Truncate. But I don't see a way to beat Sword Slash, Cloud Dance Rhythm, Sword Defence, Bronze Cat, Flying Fang Sword, Spirit Cat Chaos Sword.

Round 10, still shouldn't play Crash Footwork. Sailing through Sky would've killed on turn five. Crash Citta-Dharma's sustained damage might be better vs. early breakthrough or other sources of HP/DEF.

Round 11 should be Elusive Footwork, Sailing through Sky, Gather Intense Force, Mighty Force, Shocked, Subdue Dragon, Blitz, Overwhelming Force.

Round 12, against the board that was played, should be Elusive Footwork, Normal Attack (break Guard Up), Crash Citta-Dharma, Gather Intense Force, Subdue Dragon, Shocked, Continue, Inch Force.

Round 13, we regret not having Sailing through Sky.

Round 14 is weird, I don't remember what I saw that made me play what I played.

Round 15, probably shouldn't have merged Inch Force. Against the board that was played, a winning line is Normal Attack (break Guard Up), Crash Citta-Dharma, Crash Citta-Dharma, Gather Intense Force, Inch Force, Shocked, Continue, Inch Force. Against a more aggressive board, maybe Inch Force, Crash Citta-Dharma, Surging Waves/Crash Citta-Dharma (merge Crash Citta-Dharma if playing Surging Waves), Ice Spirit Guard Elixir, Gather Intense Force, Inch Force, Shocked, Continue.

Round 16 is good. Round 17 is fine, I guess.

Round 18, I got rekt by my Pact of Adversity - Reinforcement upgrading my Styx Agility to lv.3 (2 Decrease ATK). I can win on turn eight with Blink, Styx Agility, Crash Citta-Dharma, Gather Intense Force, ... (32 Agility per cycle; ends on Inch Force triggering Shocked) or with Blink, Crash Citta-Dharma, Gather Intense Force, Continue, ... (27 Agility per cycle; ends on the first Inch Force).

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches
The Dragon Roar emote is back! It's my most desired thing that I missed out on when I wasn't playing. Play the Exorcism event to get it.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I really wish I could play but the NETWORK CONTINUITY ISSUES are backbreaking.

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches
Have you tried manually selecting a different server number? I've heard some people saying Server 3 is the worst.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Xom posted:

Have you tried manually selecting a different server number? I've heard some people saying Server 3 is the worst.

Yeah, but it keeps "optimizing" itself back to 3.

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches
Will it let you use a different server if you don't click Optimize?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Thanks for your work in translating all these guides, I've been obsessed with this game for the past few days and it's hard to find much in the way of good english language info. Tried my first game with Qinrui tonight and after a lot of waffling and rerolling through various wood/water & 5 element builds finally pieced together UWF > guard elixer > double waves > double fragrant > circ > double prairie > 3x dust > double iron bone. I think that was also my first convincing win in a pool. Otherwise I've just been forcing cloud sword or unrestrained with mu & yan so far with mixed results. Like someone else said, the game seems to have a pretty significant skill ceiling and I'm still at a stage where I feel like I'm struggling to evaluate priorities. Are there any good intro. characters for the other sects I should look into as far as their mechanics go? I've just been sticking with elixerist, any particular side jobs I should unlock?

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches
Haha, the only thing UWF does there is add Chase to Circ.

Some general tips applicable to Cloud Sword are: Absorb cards to try to go first, break through as soon as you can, and don't merge good cards if it's reasonable to play multiple copies. That applies in particular to Fleche early and Flash Wind later. For Cloud Sword, don't exchange at Foundation or Virtuoso. You can flex between pure Cloud Sword and Increase-ATK-multi-hit (example below).

One category of easy-to-play builds that you may or may not enjoy is Meditation-phase reroll builds. See the Lin Xiaoyue Painter Sword Intent guide and the Jiang Ximing Fuluist guide. You can do those with any character and side job, but it's more effective on those combinations.

Du Lingyuan is a good way to learn the Five Elements mechanics, because her Initial Immortal Fate gives you direction at the start of the match, and also because there are detailed guides for her.

Some builds really want Divine Walk Fulu. Some easier (less flexible) builds like Painter for consistency. Musician, Formation Master, and Plant Master are more niche.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Xom posted:

Haha, the only thing UWF does there is add Chase to Circ.

Some general tips applicable to Cloud Sword are: Absorb cards to try to go first, break through as soon as you can, and don't merge good cards if it's reasonable to play multiple copies. That applies in particular to Fleche early and Flash Wind later. For Cloud Sword, don't exchange at Foundation or Virtuoso. You can flex between pure Cloud Sword and Increase-ATK-multi-hit (example below).

One category of easy-to-play builds that you may or may not enjoy is Meditation-phase reroll builds. See the Lin Xiaoyue Painter Sword Intent guide and the Jiang Ximing Fuluist guide. You can do those with any character and side job, but it's more effective on those combinations.

Du Lingyuan is a good way to learn the Five Elements mechanics, because her Initial Immortal Fate gives you direction at the start of the match, and also because there are detailed guides for her.

Some builds really want Divine Walk Fulu. Some easier (less flexible) builds like Painter for consistency. Musician, Formation Master, and Plant Master are more niche.

Haha, whoops, I slowed down speed and experimented with order a couple times, I thought it was doing more for me. Oh well. Cheers, I'll give those a go. I redeemed that 3 day unlock code so I suppose I'll keep trying out characters for now until I find one that really clicks.

e: first game of Du Lingyuan went okay, started innate earth, had a rough early game, finally pieced together a pile of earth cards and had a reasonable mid game and ended up on Overload > Spring > Fragrant > Distubing Fulu > World Smash > Spring > Thorn > Dust. I accidentally cycled something I shouldn't have and couldn't quite piece together a Divine Walk UWF thing by the end. Not 100% sure on my ordering/placement into a lot of matchups, but having to maintain some kind of cycle makes it easier I guess.

Hauki fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Feb 9, 2024

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

Hauki posted:

Thanks for your work in translating all these guides, I've been obsessed with this game for the past few days and it's hard to find much in the way of good english language info. Tried my first game with Qinrui tonight and after a lot of waffling and rerolling through various wood/water & 5 element builds finally pieced together UWF > guard elixer > double waves > double fragrant > circ > double prairie > 3x dust > double iron bone. I think that was also my first convincing win in a pool. Otherwise I've just been forcing cloud sword or unrestrained with mu & yan so far with mixed results. Like someone else said, the game seems to have a pretty significant skill ceiling and I'm still at a stage where I feel like I'm struggling to evaluate priorities. Are there any good intro. characters for the other sects I should look into as far as their mechanics go? I've just been sticking with elixerist, any particular side jobs I should unlock?

Can check out Retromations YouTube channel, he's done by a pretty exhaustive set of play throughs of various builds.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

GlassEye-Boy posted:

Can check out Retromations YouTube channel, he's done by a pretty exhaustive set of play throughs of various builds.

Cool, I'll give it a shot. Watched a bit of the surreal memoir stuff linked earlier too. I've been doing well with Long Yao & Du Lingyuan so far, still haven't spent much time with any of the star sect chars, had a decent trial run with metal Mu Hu in casual and tried physique stacking on Tu Kui.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Played (a lot) more games over the weekend and feel like I'm getting a better grasp for tempo, when to break through, spend rolls and such.
I've done at least one lobby with every character now with the exception of Nangong & Yao Ling and winning most of my other lobbies for the moment, still mostly on Long Yao or Du Lingyuan. I can pretty reliably t4 with the other cloud sect/five elements & new sect chars for now but none of the star sect characters have really clicked for me at all. I had like one ok hex run so far, but otherwise I feel like my boards never quite come together going into late game. Most of my losses that aren't to force/fists are probably to Jiang Ximing or Wu Ce so at least I've seen more in action now but I can't seem to get there with mine.

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches
Jiang's build puts me into a sixteen-turn stasis on turn four, inflicting 133 damage before it runs out of qi and I get another turn. But I am Hua Qinrui.

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches
Forgot attachment:

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches
But the winner was this madman. Nobody else in the top four was really playing attacks. I survived the longest because I Recycled my lv.max Heavenly Marrow for 28 Destiny.

nabo
Oct 23, 2010
That poor JX had True Exodia, what a shame :smith:

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches
How to use the Ultimate Hexagram Duel Disk:

Xom fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Apr 18, 2024

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches
New patch is live!

quote:

1. Balance adjustments

· Cloud Sword - Step Lightly (Cloud Spirit Sword Sect, Incarnation Phase): 2 ATK → 3 ATK
· Realm-Killing Palms (Duan Xuan Sect, Incarnation Phase): 2/4/6 ATK → 3/4/5 ATK
Dev Note: Realm-Killing Palms (Lv1) and Cloud Sword - Step Lightly are two cards with lower usage rates in the Incarnation Phase, and their win rates are also lower before the deck are fully built. Therefore, adjustments are made to them.

· Clear Heart Sword Embryo (Lu Jianxin, Initial Immortal Fate): 6 ATK → 7 ATK
Dev Note: Lu Jianxin's average ranking, top-four rate, and winning rate in the life shop season have all dropped from the mid-range among all characters to the lowest. This could be significantly influenced by the season mechanics and the meta. Therefore, we're enhancing the Initial Immortal Fate to improve overall performance.

· Crash Fist - Shocked (Duan Xuan Sect, Incarnation Phase): ...1 more ATK for each 4 HP you have lost → ...1 more ATK for each 5 HP you have lost
Dev Note: Although Crash Fist - Shocked has a high usage rate, its actual win rate has remained at an average level among Incarnation cards due to the relationship with Guard Up and the meta. Hence, our previous adjustments were cautious. However, we still receive feedback from players that Crash Fist - Shocked is too simple and universal, leading to a stagnant meta and being too susceptible to counters, thus affecting the gaming experience. Therefore, we're attempting to weaken Crash Fist - Shocked and observe the changes in the meta.

· Overwhelming Power (Tu Kui, Foundation Phase): HP cost 4 → 2; Force +3/4/5 → 2/3/4
Dev Note: After the last adjustment to Overwhelming Power, Tu Kui's average ranking has dropped back to the mid-range among all characters. We continue to receive feedback that the character is too strong during the Foundation Phase, providing a negative gaming experience for other players. Therefore, we're continuing to adjust and observe Overwhelming Power.
I've translated two more guides:

Xom posted:

I've also merged the two installments of 来一斤李子's Overcome guide into one document.

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches
Here's an old guide from before Mu Hu and Metal were nerfed:

Xom posted:

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches
New: I also translated excerpts from another Fulu Sword guide and put them in the comments of the 许十安 guide.

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches
New:

Xom posted:

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches
I'm learning Musician Vitality now. It's the ultimate control deck, one of the most difficult builds in the game. Here's a cross-post from Yi Xian Discord:

Xom posted:

Reviewing my Musician Vitality game gmahos1kt5

Meditation: I'm happy I merged Flank.
Foundation: I wasn't sure how aggressively to contend to go first during Foundation phase. Upon reflection, there aren't that many cards I want to merge, so I shouldn't worry about running out of cards to exchange and I can absorb more aggressively.
Round 4: Seeing the lv.2 Gather Force on Tu Kui's Round 3 board was a sign that he might go for a fast kill. Nothing I can do about it though.
Round 6: I mulligan'd most of my cards with Scroll of Exchange, which I don't regret, but I ran out of time and failed to break through or finish playing my cards.
Round 7: If I don't play Stillness and focus on dealing damage, I can lose 10 Destiny instead of 12.
Round 10: Once again, I should focus on dealing damage. It doesn't matter how long I survive with healing if I dealt the same amount of damage. However, I got lucky in the actual battle and died close to 0 HP, so I lost relatively less Destiny. If I focus on dealing more damage, the killing blow puts me further into negative, so the Destiny loss is the same. But in that case, it's skill, not luck.
Round 11: Currently it's my policy to throw away Kindness Tune in Incarnation. I can revisit it after I'm more experienced. Once again, I should focus on dealing damage; turn-one Heartbroken Tune makes me lose 16 Destiny instead of 21.
Round 12: I learned in Recap that I can survive to the second Within Reach, and win if I Guard Up on that exact turn. It's possible because he only has lv.1 Heartbroken Tune. He didn't change his Within Reach position from the previous round, so it would've been good to attempt.
Round 14: He sidelined his Chases because I played Predicament in Round 13. I would've won if I swapped back to my Chases and spammed Guard Ups.

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches
New or updated:

Xom posted:

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches
The latest event, now live, is an async mode with no timer. It's better practice for Ranked than the roguelite mode, because it doesn't have all those powerups. Unlike the roguelite mode, you can't exit and save your progress to resume later. You can play it 2p co-op with card-passing.

Other than that, a new translation:

Xom posted:

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches

Xom posted:

I love this picture:

Somebody found a better-quality version:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo