Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

8 bucks early access on steam. It does have in game purchases. It's different enough. It's fun. The English translation is mostly understandable. Would recommend.

edit: It's free to play now.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jan 24, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Jossar posted:

Other things I have discovered by delving into the game for a few hours:

- There's some alternate modes besides just challenging people on the Internet, there's card challenges (Sect Esoteric Inheritance) and a dungeon diver mode (Primitive Uncharted Realms) which culminates in a boss fight before resetting with the option to go again at a higher difficulty. Doing so at each difficulty unlocks Rule Fragments which provide bonuses that make future attempts easier for all characters. And while you do have to unlock the other characters for PvP (which is the primary focus of the game), you can run with everybody from the start in the start from the Primitive Uncharted Realms, although it looks like you can't level up characters that you don't own.

My big victory against the Level 0 dungeon boss involved getting knocked down after several attempts, then discarding everything but my best two cards (both Incarnation level - a Netherworld Seal I got for winning an event duel with a wandering Daoist and the Dharma Spirit Sword, an attack that drains all your Qi for big damage) and doing a 5 turn power up sequence before smacking the boss with the seal and to knock it off guard before blowing it away with a 125 damage anime finale attack. Very satisfying.

- Playing Primordial Uncharted Realms levels up individual characters. Levels 3 and 5 give them more Fate slots in game, which is kind of a big deal but after level 5, the remaining 25 levels are all just premium currency and emote grind.

- Beating Sect Esoteric Inheritance and a difficulty level of Primordial Uncharted Realms (on any character, no farming the easy level over with 10 characters) gives you spirit stones (the nonpremium currency) and level ups on a global Explore tree which can unlock several characters and a side-job/cosmetic or two for free. Level 5 is pretty easy to get, so if you want any of the characters on there, especially Yan Xue, just farm content rather than shell out spirit stones.

- I don't know quite what you get for Ranked yet. There's a bonus for spirit stones for winning something, but it's a bit engrishy, so I can't tell if it's winning 4 times a day or coming out on top in a large match as #4 or better.

I probably ought to try Ranked soon, but just wanted to post the dungeon story/show off that there's more than just the PvP bit, and stop anybody from accidentally buying the easy unlock characters.

Thanks for this I'm always too lazy to actually give detailed information in my game posts. I think you get extra currency if you've bought a character/side job before you've unlocked it it so it isn't a loss.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Duck and Cover posted:

Thanks for this I'm always too lazy to actually give detailed information in my game posts. I think you get extra currency if you've bought a character/side job before you've unlocked it it so it isn't a loss.

Turns out I'm pretty sure I am wrong and you don't get extra currency if you already have something unlocked.

edit: Turns out I'm a dumb I didn't have gourd guy so I think I was right before. Anyway try it and find out.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jan 22, 2023