Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I've been dabbling a bit after finding the game after a couple of streamers started showcasing it. I've done a few casual practice lobbies with the sword intent into unrestrained sword (yan xue/lu jianxin), and trying to make a homebrew force of water deck work with hua qinrui, which I had decent success with - 2nd place after ultimately getting demolished by wood thorn, after which I now severly doubt that it's good enough for real lobbies. The heptastar and duan xuan factions seem a little too daunting for now.

Also I have so much trouble remembering all the chinese names and perks, and there are so many little interactions that are unclear to me, i.e. what influences health and max health permanently, how to manipulate absord/redraw for best effect, when to save redraws for what cultivation level, etc.

The game as a whole seems to have a pretty significant skill ceiling, while still being pretty very luck dependant. I'm not sure if the variety of "good builds" is significant enough to keep me hooked in the long run, or if certain dominant strategies are too strong and repetitive.

But for now, I keep coming back to it and I like watching streams and youtube videos of runs to learn stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU