Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

News:
https://twitter.com/NNemeroff/status/1612312452108255233?s=20&t=3zRpg2kTHK6tYRMx5J9ILg
https://twitter.com/Lions/status/1612309824242319360?s=20&t=3zRpg2kTHK6tYRMx5J9ILg

Views:
Detroit should've made it to the playoffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Go Niners, go Bills. All else is negotiable.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Views:
Detroit should've made it to the playoffs.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Ladies and gentlemen, we welcome you to the Treasure Ship in beautiful Minneapolis for the most exceptional BULLSHIT-OFF of the playoffs! Who will win? The Giants' ground and pound gutter fighting style, or the Vikings' Eli Manning-grade fourth quarter insanity? Only one thing's for sure -- in a clash of two first-year coaches showcasing how much high-octane gas they can wring out of their rosters, you won't leave disappointed!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/maitlis/status/1612210718543167488?s=20&t=Td7ymwcDLxH9__Dm5djgeg

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I feel like we just won the Super Bowl but I’ve also had two dark and stormies

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Go The Eagles who auto win this week like the future Champions they are. God bless.

Let’s knock out the niners, bills, bengals, and cowboys. 3 I worry about and 1 is the goddamn Cowboys who perpetually deserve to 1 and done

Mahomes gets MVP only cuz he didn’t miss two games. Bummer. Hurts played a crazy good season.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

First off: what?
Second: Brady's mom died?
Third: did this person mistake Brady with Prince William?!
Fourth: wait… did Brady interview Prince William?!?

:ninja: edit:
Oh, Tom Bradley.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
https://twitter.com/PardonMyTake/status/1612304708806352901

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Moving from the last thread

Bellmaker posted:

Seahawks-49ers is gonna end up being Beast Mode 2.0 with Walker or something

I know fans have to cope but McCaffrey is going to have like 200 yards and 4 TDs. The Seahawks are on the ropes and only barely beat Baker Mayfield in overtime.

Geno loving owns and I wish him the best but the ride is about to end

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I feel like we just won the Super Bowl but I’ve also had two dark and stormies

Pro tier drink.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
For some reason I thought the Bears had more wins than three. I did not think they were good or anything, but I thought it would have been around 6 or 7 wins, and not that they would be picking first overall.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jan 9, 2023

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
No Aaron Rodgers, no patriots, no Steelers. Not a terrible playoff this year, could only have been improved by no Brady

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Mahomes gets MVP only cuz he didn’t miss two games. Bummer. Hurts played a crazy good season.

You know who else had a crazy good season

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Carson Wentz

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Docjowles posted:

Moving from the last thread

I know fans have to cope but McCaffrey is going to have like 200 yards and 4 TDs. The Seahawks are on the ropes and only barely beat Baker Mayfield in overtime.

Geno loving owns and I wish him the best but the ride is about to end

Geno looked downright lost at times against the Panthers defense when Seattle played Carolina and their pass rush isn't on the level that the 49ers is. I like Geno and he's a cool story but I think this is his test to see if he gets a big extension or not.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Looking at the QB picture from last season's playoffs:

Returning to Playoffs
Patrick Mahomes
Joe Burrow
Josh Allen
Dak Prescott
Tom Brady
Jalen Hurts

Didn't make it
Ryan Tannehill
Aaron Rodgers
Matt Stafford
Derek Carr
Kyler Murray
Ben Roethlisberger*
Mac Jones
Jimmy Garoppolo :rip:

Hot New QBs
Trevor Lawrence
Justin Herbert
Tua Tagovailoa (maybe?), or Skylar Thompson?
Geno Smith
Daniel Jones
Kirk Cousins
Lamar Jackson (maybe?), or Anthony Brown?
Brock Purdy

A pretty good mix of established dudes from last season you'd expect back, with some exciting young QBs (Herbie! Trevor! Purdy?), a few journeyman dudes like Geno and Cousins, and some... questions as to who plays QB.

Maybe there's a changing of the guard with guys like Tannehill, Stafford Rodgers and Carr definitely in some questionable situations.

Either way, aside from Tom Brady, and the Miami / Baltimore situations this seems to be a fun QB crop.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Go Bucs/Jags/Fins!

Gonna grab a pub sub next weekend, gotta do my part

:getin:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

scared

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
the vikings made the playoffs with a defense that I could reasonably be a second stringer on and a QB who could be replaced by one of those stick you use to throw a tennis ball for your dog

i'm loving thrilled, everything else is a bonus from here on out

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I think there are exactly two NFC teams that the Bucs can beat in the playoffs and they host one of them on Monday lmao.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I don’t really give a poo poo if Quay Walker is a first round pick, dude has some issues

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I think there are exactly two NFC teams that the Bucs can beat in the playoffs and they host one of them on Monday lmao.

Does anybody except that guy who posts breathless Prescott stats expect the Cowboys to not implode?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Kilometers Davis posted:

Go Bucs/Jags/Fins!

Gonna grab a pub sub next weekend, gotta do my part

:getin:

Florida Man spotted. :cheeky:

I'm rooting for teams that never won, so Jags, Bills, and… Vikings? Bills is movie script Cinderella but Jags coming out of nowhere would be funny as gently caress.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Go Eagles, Bills, and whoever wins Chargers-Jags

And Go Lions, natch

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Does anybody except that guy who posts breathless Prescott stats expect the Cowboys to not implode?

I expect the Cowboys to implode very, very bigly. They lost to the Bucs week 1, perfect bookend to the season.

Go... Jags? Chaos?? :shrug:

vvv absolutely not

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jan 9, 2023

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Sigh

Deep breath

“Go Dallas”

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
At this point I'm expecting a Cowboys win just because everyone expects them to implode.

That said, it's still Brady, and it's still the Cowboys, so the thing everyone is expecting will probably still happen.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

FizFashizzle posted:

Sigh

Deep breath

“Go Dallas”

I feel sick but I must agree :barf:

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
What a fantasy a lions/jags Super Bowl would have been.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Bills set up too well to be the feel-good storyline this playoffs.

Vikings too but I am just not a fan of Cousins (mainly from his anti-vaxx shenanigans).

A Super Bowl with the two would probably be the highest rated one.

Because of that… Duvaaaaaalllllll. :v:

I'm rooting for teams that never won, so Jags, Bills, and… Vikings? Bills is movie script Cinderella but Jags coming out of nowhere would be funny as gently caress.

Oops forgot the Chargers. Also Bengals too but they were there last year.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ort posted:

What a fantasy a lions/jags Super Bowl would have been.
I'm hoping for a Dougie P gets revenge Super Bowl

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Florida Man spotted. :cheeky:

Bengals have never won, jump on board

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Honestly I'm pretty drat satisfied with how the Lions season ended. Getting a winning record after starting 1-6 feels pretty goddamn good and while I do wish I could see them again this year, I think they match up against the 49ers extremely poorly (which they only have in common with about 30 other teams) and ending the season on a win is a better feeling than ending the season getting Christian McCaffery's footprint tattooed into your face.

I can say for sure, I'm very glad the Lions were on SNF after the Seahawks had already won because good lord would it have been deflating to get that win and then flip over to the other channel and watch Baker serve up that OT pick.

Anyway. Eagles vs. 49ers and Chiefs vs. Bills, please.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Is it true that the Cowboys have this bizarrely terrible record while playing on natural grass? I mean might be selection bias where the schedule has them playing better teams on the road on grass but it would kind of make a bit of sense regarding speed I guess.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
The Lions won?????????

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Silly Burrito posted:

The Lions won?????????

You should watch the duck Aaron threw to seal the loss

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Just wanted to say I hate having a Monday Night playoff game. At least MNF is usually 2 teams I could care less about and a bad game. I can't stay up late weeknights anymore. I barely stay awake to the half for Sunday Night and at least it's usually a good game.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Can't wait for Rodgers to retire and start a Substack

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kalli posted:

You should watch the duck Aaron threw to seal the loss
If someone has a link to this I would love to see it myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

My hot take is I think Quay Walker should be suspended for a portion of next season.