Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Crescent Wrench posted:

How loving stupid do you have to be to give the dramatic "are you KIDDING me?" arm gesture after getting flagged for that stunt?

Walker is insanely impulsive, I don't think he was thinking at all in the moment and was just pure reacting.

wandler20 posted:

And followed that up with this:

How's that a bad look? He's frustrated to the point that he's crying. He knew he hosed up big time, and not only that, this isn't the first time he hosed up big in exactly that manner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

bows1 posted:

I go to bed at like 10pm so these night games are tough for me unless they are really good

I'm a morning person and live in California and I look at Hawaii people with their 7am starts and 530pm Sunday finishes and think "sign me up"

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Walker probably has massive holes in his brain from a lifetime of TBIs which is more likely the cause of all of his behavior.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/chrismeaney/status/1612487413909028868

what are the odds tagavailoa's back?

and these seem pretty fair? cincinnati, philadelphia, jacksonville, and dallas seems like the best value bets.

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jan 9, 2023

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

SKULL.GIF posted:

Walker is insanely impulsive, I don't think he was thinking at all in the moment and was just pure reacting.

How's that a bad look? He's frustrated to the point that he's crying. He knew he hosed up big time, and not only that, this isn't the first time he hosed up big in exactly that manner.

I'm pretty sure he's mouthing "I didn't do anything wrong" there.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
I want to be clear that I am in no way defending Quay Walker's actions, just trying to explain why he reacted that way. Both Walker and D'Andre Swift (the injured Lion) were on the Georgia Bulldogs as teammates in 2018 and 2019. I think he wanted to check on his former college teammate and lashed out when someone got in his way doing so. Again, not at all the right thing for Walker to do at any time, let alone less than a week after Hamlin, but I think that this is what was going through his head at the time.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

wandler20 posted:

I'm pretty sure he's mouthing "I didn't do anything wrong" there.

Lipreading, especially in that lighting and with the camera jerking to the side and back, is at best a guess.

After the Buffalo ejection earlier this season he was so upset with himself that he teared up in the middle of an interview and couldn't continue.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/joegoodberry/status/1612475122597740545?s=46&t=X_uhKKmVnPC3-OBhxu2LdA

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
My wife —a Texas native— was audibly hoping the Cowboys would win their season finale against Washington, and that the Eagles would lose to the Giants (handing Dallas the NFC East). I love her, so I tried to rein in my condescension as I told her there was a literal 0% chance the Eagles would lose to a NY squad that had nothing to play for, and that there was an equally nonexistent chance the Cowboys would not utterly half-rear end an important division game against their most notable rivals, despite a chance to win home-field. Throw in the fact the Commanders actually had some draft-based incentive to lose. On paper, the Cowboys could totally mail it in and still win. They of course did mail it in, but the Commanders exerted some effort with a first-time-starter rookie QB, and got the “upset.”

But they have so much to play for, she said. I told her, ”They seek out failure in important games.”

That was an exaggeration, of course. It’s not that they seek out failure, it’s that they never attempt to succeed. I could write a very thick book about this, but the short version is that thirty years of Jerrah-manufactured high-dollar passivity have created a business that is mentally and emotionally incapable of winning important challenges, especially playoff games.

If I had to predict one playoff team to not make the Super Bowl this year, it would be the Cowboys. The Chargers, Dolphins, Giants, Jags, Seahawks…all stand a much better chance at winning their conference than the Cowboys. Hell, I only give them about a 10% chance of beating the Bucs in the WC round and that’s theoretically their easiest matchup. And who else can they possibly defeat? Philly? Of course not. San Fran? The Niners will roll them.

The league has figured out Dak Prescott, the Cowboys coaching staff doesn’t work or think any harder than their players do, and it looks like Dak’s been playing injured for six weeks, anyway. I’ll be utterly stunned to silence if the Cowboys beat Tampa, and if they make it to the Super Bowl I’ll eat my hat.

This organization is engineered to fail.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I am rooting for Tom Brady this weekend. That means he will lose.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

what the hell, chicago

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1612492810002829313

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

abelwingnut posted:

https://twitter.com/chrismeaney/status/1612487413909028868

what are the odds tagavailoa's back?

and these seem pretty fair? cincinnati, philadelphia, jacksonville, and dallas seems like the best value bets.
I can't believe the Dolphins have worse odds than the seahawks. I haven't been paying attention to them at all what's the story beside Tuas broke brain or is that enough?

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.

EmbryoSteve posted:

I can't believe the Dolphins have worse odds than the seahawks. I haven't been paying attention to them at all what's the story beside Tuas broke brain or is that enough?

Third string qb, Hill is injured I think.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kliff Kingsbury Canned, Couldn't Keep Cardinals Quarterback Competent

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Lol a $50 bet on the Giants winning the Superbowl returns $3300

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

My toddler handles getting disciplined better than that.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

My toddler handles getting disciplined better than that.

With the context of what he tweeted (a few posts up) I think it really does look like he's super upset with himself. Not throwing a tantrum about getting kicked out

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Docjowles posted:

With the context of what he tweeted (a few posts up) I think it really does look like he's super upset with himself. Not throwing a tantrum about getting kicked out
You caught me before I could edit - yeah, I can see that now. I forgot to refresh before hitting quote then posting and I just finished catching up with this page.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Murray gonna prestige in MW2 during the off-season.

Nightmare mode: Kingsbury ends up as Pats OC.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Both times Walker pushed a trainer the trainer touched him first. Guy might have some physical contact issues with the way he keeps reacting. That plus the emotionality in the tunnel makes me think there some mental health issue.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
News and views:
https://twitter.com/JeannaTrotmanTV/status/1609726298556960768

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Kliff and Keim getting a 5 year extension then fired is unreal.

Bruc
May 30, 2006

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Both times Walker pushed a trainer the trainer touched him first. Guy might have some physical contact issues with the way he keeps reacting. That plus the emotionality in the tunnel makes me think there some mental health issue.

Good thing he's playing a low contact sport then.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

haljordan posted:

Lol a $50 bet on the Giants winning the Superbowl returns $3300

lol if you don't believe in your team!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/flasportsbuzz/status/1612505435239583744?s=46&t=-SDnUhDUVKZE0duUTkNglQ

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

This makes it sounds like he's 100% done with football. I mean he probably should be after 3+ concussions in like 8 weeks, but :stare:

Unreal that Flores was less damaging to Tua's career than McDaniel.

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jan 9, 2023

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

bows1 posted:

Kliff and Keim getting a 5 year extension then fired is unreal.

Let the Payton bonanza begin!

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Bellmaker posted:

Unreal that Flores was better for Tua's career than McDaniel.

Get treated like poo poo and jerked around and have your confidence destroyed

Vs

Get brain trauma playing the brain trauma sport

Seems like a false choice

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Bellmaker posted:

This makes it sounds like he's 100% done with football. I mean he probably should be after 3+ concussions in like 8 weeks, but :stare:

Unreal that Flores was less damaging to Tua's career than McDaniel.
I dont think either HC can be blamed for Tua's furiously fighting every sack then going down hard on his head, twice. The first concussion where he just got pushed late and fell awkwardly and bonked his noggin is also not the HC's fault. He needs to learn to go fetal position like Peyton or Brady rather than trying to be Big Ben every time he gets contacted by a defender when trying to pass.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I dont think either HC can be blamed for Tua's furiously fighting every sack then going down hard on his head, twice. The first concussion where he just got pushed late and fell awkwardly and bonked his noggin is also not the HC's fault. He needs to learn to go fetal position like Peyton or Brady rather than trying to be Big Ben every time he gets contacted by a defender when trying to pass.

He should have been pulled from the Bills game and not been in the drat Bengals game it's not that hard folks

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Bellmaker posted:

He should have been pulled from the Bills game and not been in the drat Bengals game it's not that hard folks
Well yeah he absolutely should have been pulled, sorry if I was sounding like I thought otherwise.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Well yeah he absolutely should have been pulled, sorry if I was sounding like I thought otherwise.

You're good. Yes I realize that he's put himself in harm's way, but if he's this valuable franchise player to the team the coaches need to intervene.

I still think he got concussed after he lowered his head on that run in the Steelers game, he played as dogshit after that as he did while concussed in the Packers game.

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jan 9, 2023

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The thing about him playing in the Bengals game is it's not a "hindsight is 20/20" thing, plenty of people thought that he shouldn't play in that game going into it.

Giving his coach a pass seems entirely too charitable to me. Plenty of coaches have held players out of games they were cleared to play with less cause. It also didn't do the guy any favors in my book that he immediately tried to talk it down and diminish his responsibility.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Bellmaker posted:

Evidently it’s not that hard since we’ve seen spotters miss obvious bad hits multiple times and had multiple players sent right back out only to later be put into protocol and then players clear protocol on time for the next game anyway.

The problem is what’s good for a players health isn’t necessarily good for their career and often the two are diametrically opposed. It would be best for Tua’s health if Flores had stayed because he’d have been benched and not gotten a chance to get hurt. Wouldn’t have been great for his career though.

Anyway, putting the onus on coaches to interpret a player’s medical fragility and make decisions about whether they’re healthy to play is stupid. It’s guaranteed to lead to bad outcomes. They could simply change the rules to state that any player who enters the protocol is disqualified from their next game which would address many of the concerns about second impact syndrome, but that’s probably not popular with either the players or the owners.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Docjowles posted:

Yeah but that starts to wear thin after incident two you know

If someone is truly upset with themselves they tend to correct for it

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

fast cars loose anus posted:

Yeah but that starts to wear thin after incident two you know

If someone is truly upset with themselves they tend to correct for it

I mean at that point then his reaction is pointless, as there is none he could have that would effect your opinion so talking about it is pointless

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean at that point then his reaction is pointless, as there is none he could have that would effect your opinion so talking about it is pointless

I feel like he has anger issues and I feel bad for him if that's the case because no one should have to deal with that but I also feel like if you tweet about how sorry you are about something and do it again a couple months later you weren't serious about fixing it

I hope he gets the help he needs and has a productive career. If he does it again he should be banned from the league. I believe both those things.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

fast cars loose anus posted:

I feel like he has anger issues and I feel bad for him if that's the case because no one should have to deal with that but I also feel like if you tweet about how sorry you are about something and do it again a couple months later you weren't serious about fixing it

I hope he gets the help he needs and has a productive career. If he does it again he should be banned from the league. I believe both those things.
Its one thing to try to fix an issue and another to actually fix it. I have issues I'm working on and it sometimes takes years to correct them. We dont know if maybe his reaction yesterday would have been worse if he wasnt working on it. Anger issues or strong reactions to certain, sometimes extremely specific, things is not something you snap your fingers and viola, its fixed! Sometimes you think you have an issue fixed but then you're under a lot of duress and/or having a bad day and BAM, bad issue comes back with a vengeance.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jan 9, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
He's mostly upset that he's stuck being on the Packers.