Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Its one thing to try to fix an issue and another to actually fix it. I have issues I'm working on and it sometimes takes years to correct them. We dont know if maybe his reaction yesterday would have been worse if he wasnt working on it. Anger issues or strong reactions to certain, sometimes extremely specific, things is not something you snap your fingers and viola, its fixed! Sometimes you think you have an issue fixed but then you're under a lot of duress and/or having a bad day and BAM, bad issue comes back with a vengeance.

You're not wrong (I'm an alcoholic ask me about how long some things take to fix) but this one seems like it ought to be a quicker fix, frankly. Maybe I'm being too hard but think about how many football players, even real loving rear end in a top hat ones, who have been around and now think about how many of them have put hands on non-football players. Can you even name one? I can't right now, I'm sure there must be examples but I'm blanking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/kfitz134/status/1612540452246519808?s=20&t=aT-WK3-eHYrUBFkaX8fWhQ

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Hot drat! Only a week from CPR on the field to out of the hospital.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

fast cars loose anus posted:

You're not wrong (I'm an alcoholic ask me about how long some things take to fix) but this one seems like it ought to be a quicker fix, frankly. Maybe I'm being too hard but think about how many football players, even real loving rear end in a top hat ones, who have been around and now think about how many of them have put hands on non-football players. Can you even name one? I can't right now, I'm sure there must be examples but I'm blanking.
I'm sorry you're having to grapple with alcoholism. And yeah I was initially saying he should receive harsh punishment in terms of fine and/or suspension since he was a repeat offender and I dont want to walk that back (turns out consequences fuel fixes for bad behavior) but at the same time if he is owning his mistake I'm not going to hate on him too much.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Dude is going to be there for the confetti fall. Only question is if it's for Buffalo's first Supebowl win or 5th loss.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

No I want them to sign Lamar, but ok

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Him and his wife slapping friend Dana White can hang out more

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1612548990578593792?t=DP0lr7nG-hYM6dLdSuF5Ag&s=19

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Going from Carr to 2023 Brady is such a clear downgrade I definitely see the Raiders doing it

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Fat Jesus posted:

No I want them to sign Lamar, but ok

No one is going to sign Lamar away from Baltimore. The only option is to trade for him and even that seems unlikely.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The Puppy Bowl posted:

No one is going to sign Lamar away from Baltimore. The only option is to trade for him and even that seems unlikely.

The Seahawks are trading for Lamar. You heard it here first.

Ornery and Hornery fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jan 9, 2023

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Honestly, the #5 overall and 3 more 1st round picks might get that done. It'd be a good fit to send Lamar to NFC to a team with real receivers and good running game too. I could get behind that.

Only problem is Lamar really needs to go somewhere with a dome to get the absolute best out of him. Bad weather games have always been his kryptonite.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Going from Carr to 2023 Brady is such a clear downgrade I definitely see the Raiders doing it

gonna bookmark this for when brady raises that trophy in black and silver

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Quit reading out of my diary

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

CharlestheHammer posted:

How? Brady was still better then Carr at everything this year.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Dude, he's never going to kiss you like you're his son.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Hell if Brady can win the super bowl with that defense he deserves all the credit

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
A visibly-dying Tom Brady drags the Raiders all the way to the playoffs only to fall victim to the Tuck Rule.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don’t think Brady is good anymore but he’s still better than Carr and can consistently move the ball especially with a real TE and slot receiver. With Brady they would’ve made the playoffs this year

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I don’t think Brady is good anymore but he’s still better than Carr and can consistently move the ball especially with a real TE and slot receiver. With Brady they would’ve made the playoffs this year

Seeing that they were the anti-Vikings, you'd have to think that if Brady were there they would be undefeated.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, Brady's getting old, but he just put up a still pretty good statline with a mostly busted offense. Him with Adams / Waller / Renfrow / and a running game would potentially be pretty silly.

Except wait a second, didn't McDaniels piss off Josh Jacobs and he wants out? lol

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Getting Brady on the team would at least get the refs on the Raiders' side, which I've heard is a problem for them

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I doubt they get Brady. I don’t follow college who’s the 2023 equivalent of Tebow?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Relentlessboredomm posted:

He can consistently move the ball 5-7 yards at a time in the last two minutes of the half.

Kalli posted:

Yeah, Brady's getting old, but he just put up a still pretty good statline with a mostly busted offense. Him with Adams / Waller / Renfrow / and a running game would potentially be pretty silly.

Except wait a second, didn't McDaniels piss off Josh Jacobs and he wants out? lol

He had to throw it a billion times to get there. His YPA was at the very bottom of the league. The offense was broken in part because he can’t or won’t throw deep and tried to turn it into the late era dink and dunk pats offense without the players or coaching to support it.

Bellmaker posted:

I doubt they get Brady. I don’t follow college who’s the 2023 equivalent of Tebow?

Anthony Richardson. He even went to Florida.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He can consistently move the ball 5-7 yards at a time in the last two minutes of the half.

He had to throw it a billion times to get there. His YPA was at the very bottom of the league. The offense was broken in part because he can’t or won’t throw deep and tried to turn it into the late era dink and dunk pats offense without the players or coaching to support it.

But Brady also had to throw because they absolutely could not run the ball at all. They were comfortably worse then the Texans who were comfortably worse then everyone else at running the ball this year.

Also what the hell, Kyler Murray averaged 6 yards an attempt this year? What the gently caress were the Cardinals doing?

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
The Raiders will probably fail to get either Brady or Handsome Jimmy but god forbid it's a possibilty I'd feel better rooting good old Jimmy. Realistically McDaniels will find a way to power drive this in to the dirt while insisting it's a win and end up with Zach Wilson.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Kalli posted:

But Brady also had to throw because they absolutely could not run the ball at all. They were comfortably worse then the Texans who were comfortably worse then everyone else at running the ball this year.

Also what the hell, Kyler Murray averaged 6 yards an attempt this year? What the gently caress were the Cardinals doing?

I suspect part of the reason they couldn’t run is because teams were crowding the line because they weren’t worried about getting beat deep when Brady was throwing the ball in 1.5 seconds every time. I know “run to pass” is the axiom but you’ve also got to be able to pass to run as the Titans learned this year.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
The Raiders as Brady's last stop makes a lot of sense. They have a poo poo ton of offensive talent which has to be appealing to him. Whether it's actually enough to overcome Tom losing a couple steps, McDaniels' coaching, and having a perennial SB contender and another solid playoff team when healthy in the division remains to be seen, but I doubt Tom believes any of those things are serious obstacles.

And just lol if they end up with Jimmy who is such a lateral move from Carr, after all this drama.

Cascadia Pirate
Jan 18, 2011

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Isn't Lamar a free agent? Why would anyone trade for him?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'm down with Brady to Raiders. McDaniels is such a poo poo coach that even with one of the best WRs playing with him Brady probably makes the divisional round before losing at worst.

Or maybe the 49ers sign Brady as their third-string backup behind Lance and Purdy.

Cascadia Pirate posted:

Lamar is an easy franchise tag if the Ravens don't get a contract done. And honestly I'll be shocked of Lamar isn't a Raven the next few years.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Cascadia Pirate posted:

He's most likely gonna get franchised

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kalli posted:

Quarterback A:
  • 64.6% completion rate, 6.8 yards/attempt, 26 TDs against 12 INTs, 91.1 rating, 32 sacks, 8 fumbles, 4 game-winning drives.

Quarterback B:
  • 66.8% completion rate, 6.4 yards/attempt, 25 TDs against 9 INTs, 90.7 rating, 22 sacks, 5 fumbles, 5 game-winning drives.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I suspect part of the reason they couldn’t run is because teams were crowding the line because they weren’t worried about getting beat deep when Brady was throwing the ball in 1.5 seconds every time. I know “run to pass” is the axiom but you’ve also got to be able to pass to run as the Titans learned this year.

Trying to find any stats on this and the best I can do so far is Intended Air Yards per pass attempt which has a remarkably funny bottom that doesn't have much corolation with rushing success

#1 by a country mile btw is Mariota at 10.4, then Tua is 2nd at 9.5, then Josh Allen, Derek Carr and Fields round out the top 5... man what a weird stat.

anyway the bottom:

7.2 Mahomes, Lawrence
7.0 Goff
6.9 Jimmy G, Kyler Murray
6.8 Burrow, Baker
6.7 Brady, Stafford
6.4 Herbert, Daniel Jones
6.0 Matt Ryan

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Quarterback A:
  • 64.6% completion rate, 6.8 yards/attempt, 26 TDs against 12 INTs, 91.1 rating, 32 sacks, 8 fumbles, 4 game-winning drives.

Quarterback B:
  • 66.8% completion rate, 6.4 yards/attempt, 25 TDs against 9 INTs, 90.7 rating, 22 sacks, 5 fumbles, 5 game-winning drives.

Give me the 45-year-old to lead my franchise!

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Don't have a lot of confidence in the Bills making it through right now. Sure they've had a long winning streak but they haven't truly put away a lot of teams since the beginning of the season. Allen continues to make one or two bone-headed interceptions a game in the red zone trying to force things through. Their secondary is a shell of where it was too - not awful but not near elite. If it wasn't for those kickoff TDs, the Pats game could have been a nail-biter. Dolphins will be no issue for them without Tua, but the divisional/champhionship games are gonna be loving tough if they have to go Bengals and then Chiefs.

I'd put the edge on the Bengals over the Chiefs right now - they feel like the more complete team overall.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Getting Brady on the team would at least get the refs on the Raiders' side, which I've heard is a problem for them

This is a very interesting point. We need MrLogan to provide an updated newsletter about how the refs hatred of the Raiders would interact with their desires to aid Tom Brady.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Gully Foyle posted:

Don't have a lot of confidence in the Bills making it through right now. Sure they've had a long winning streak but they haven't truly put away a lot of teams since the beginning of the season. Allen continues to make one or two bone-headed interceptions a game in the red zone trying to force things through. Their secondary is a shell of where it was too - not awful but not near elite. If it wasn't for those kickoff TDs, the Pats game could have been a nail-biter. Dolphins will be no issue for them without Tua, but the divisional/champhionship games are gonna be loving tough if they have to go Bengals and then Chiefs.

I'd put the edge on the Bengals over the Chiefs right now - they feel like the more complete team overall.

The Bengals don't have a pass rush, though.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I think the Ravens tagging and signing Lamar long term is a no brainer but there are at least some rumblings that he could be had in the off-season via trade.

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1612490274072141824

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

I think the Ravens tagging and signing Lamar long term is a no brainer but there are at least some rumblings that he could be had in the off-season via trade.

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1612490274072141824

Yea, but it’s Florio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
They should make a playoff rule where if you don't have a winning record you don't get to go to the playoffs even if you win the division because Tom Brady is a terrible weirdo person who doesn't deserve anything good.