Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Ladies and gentlemen, we welcome you to the Treasure Ship in beautiful Minneapolis for the most exceptional BULLSHIT-OFF of the playoffs! Who will win? The Giants' ground and pound gutter fighting style, or the Vikings' Eli Manning-grade fourth quarter insanity? Only one thing's for sure -- in a clash of two first-year coaches showcasing how much high-octane gas they can wring out of their rosters, you won't leave disappointed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

I worry about the Vikings every week at this point, but I feel like that's healthier than assuming any professional football team is going to be an easy win. That poo poo invites getting slapped for your arrogance.

So, the Giants. I haven't been following their season as closely as ours. We beat them in the regular season on the same field, but it was drat close. Not sure what to expect now that we're into the postseason -- the Vikings still have the majority of their pieces but we did lose ANOTHER center and I'm not trusting the defense for anything at this point.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Pain of Mind posted:

The NFC is going to be so boring if the 49ers lose, a bunch of teams that need to all lose but can't. At least the AFC has fun underdogs to watch.

I'd describe the way the 49ers typically play football as "direly effective" so we may disagree. I can guarantee you that not a single Vikings game this season has been boring, as my various inpatients for heart attacks will attest. The same is true of a fair number of Seahawks games (though they've been falling off in that department), and the Eagles have a dynamic-rear end offense. The Giants I know less about but I'm pretty sure they've been able to entertain.

It's a real shame we can't declare that the Bucs and Cowboys both lose, though. The Bucs in particular have been playing some rancid football recently. The Cowboys used to have an offense, but then they got to the playoffs.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

soggybagel posted:

I'm very unemotional when it comes to sports events and their outcomes. If Tom Brady wins this weekend I will be legitimately pissed off.

Think about it this way -- if the Buccaneers win, there's very decent odds they're the lowest remaining seed in the NFC, with the Shawks having to face the 49ers and the Giants the Vikings.

If this happens, then the Buccaneers' next game... would be the Philadelphia Eagles.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Also, you want to know the actual funniest thing about the NFC?

Because the Vikings and Giants wound up seeded against each other, it is a guarantee that one of the teams in the NFC Divisional Round will have entered the playoffs with a negative point differential, and depending on how close that game is, might still have one at that point.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

ghosthorse posted:

News: before the start of the season I did not expect the Vikings to be in this thread

Views: I still don't know how the Vikings are in this thread but lol and lmao at the non-fraud teams

The Vikings are the only true team in the playoffs. Only they remain humble and honest with themselves due to the temperance of having to play every game close. As the Packers found out, blowing out teams causes arrogance and looking past your enemy. Then you get your loving kneecaps bitten off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

The media really likes the Daboll narrative. Turning this trash roster into a playoff team. I think Kevin O'Connell deserves it. The vikings are secretly bad but they won all those games.

When you win 13 games against THAT strength of schedule, it's definitely more than being a fraud. Even if it's just Advanced Fraudulence, which I don't think it is, the Vikes should at least earn that level of respect.

There's most of a good team on this roster at the absolute minimum. It just needs more than literally one year under the new regime to fully develop.