Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Just wanted to say I hate having a Monday Night playoff game. At least MNF is usually 2 teams I could care less about and a bad game. I can't stay up late weeknights anymore. I barely stay awake to the half for Sunday Night and at least it's usually a good game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Cavauro posted:

the jets situation reminds me of when the bengals did not score a TD for a very long time and the OC was fired. the head coach went on to very spitefully blame all the players to their faces and to the media for the undeserved firing. no one cared due to the poverty franchise

I started following football in the early 90s. So to me the best part of this story is it could have been about 5 different coaches that did this.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Does Atlanta still have the Chick-Fil-A in it that is closed on Sundays?

I know the whole chain is closed on Sundays, but it's still dumb.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Didn't Winston play like 3 or 4 weeks with a broken back? Or am I thinking of a different QB?

I remember the medical team cleared him saying that it couldn't get worse from playing.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Dungy is the worst with his holier then thou BS, and a guy who was a defensive "genius" and had one of the greatest offenses of all time. So all he had to do was have an average at best defense and they would have won multiple Super Bowls.

Instead he went 7-6 in the playoffs with Indy, and 4 of those wins were in the Super Bowl year. He's easily the most overrated coach of the last 20 years, and I can't even imagine what he could possibly add to the game. They could have put just about anyone else in the booth with Al Micheals and it would have been fine.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Kingsbury was gifted Hopkins, and got the QB he wanted as the first overall pick. Like he still sucked and I can't imagine wanting him as an OC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

FizFashizzle posted:

Real question isn’t about Staley getting fired but Herbert getting traded.

Couple firsts do the trick, you think? God knows spanos isn’t paying him.

wtf are you smoking? Teams are falling over themselves to get average at best starters. Herbert is one of the top ten QBs in the league easily, and will be 25 going into next season.

Plus the Chargers just had Philip Rivers there for 15 years with no issues/arguments over salary.

What on earth would ever make you think that even the cheapest team in the league would trade a top ten QB for anything?