Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Tired Moritz posted:

Maerlyn got cleared by Yata to not do the night kill yesterday tho
Only choice here is AN and I don't understand why you keep pushing this bussing narrative. Unless you did it?

Maer is not cleared. This is what I meant about AN's info being useless. We know Maer didn't kill that night, but there are two scum. That just means she wasn't the one to hold the kill.

And look at who's alive. The only people that didn't vote salad that are alive are Bif and GW. Bif basically cleared any doubts about being survivor by voting RWC, and if salad really pushed GW the way he did as a partner, then kudos because that's the one thing I don't believe scum would do here.

So someone had to bus salad. If it's not Bif or GW, there's no other world that exists.

Also, I don't know what you mean about "keep pushing this bussing narrative" when I have literally been arguing that I couldn't have happened ever since D3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Tired Moritz posted:

Hello?? Did you forgot Yata jailed themselves and probably blocked the kill??

No. Are you actually paying attention to what I'm writing?

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

The kill was stopped. One of two things happened. Either they tried to kill Yata, who was jailed, or they purposely withheld for the sake of burying merk.

If they got blocked by Yata, then I have doubts that AN would have pushed merk out the gate. Because the night phase started so quickly after the flip, and AN was immediately around and was like "I BLOCKED MERK"

I don't think scum!AN reacts that quick if they intended to kill and got unexpectedly blocked

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Okay, why are you so confident that AN isn't lying

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Tired Moritz posted:

Okay, why are you so confident that AN isn't lying

Jesus Christ, I'm not! READ

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

PsychoSoldier posted:

The kill was stopped. One of two things happened. Either they tried to kill Yata, who was jailed, or they purposely withheld for the sake of burying merk.

If they got blocked by Yata, then I have doubts that AN would have pushed merk out the gate. Because the night phase started so quickly after the flip, and AN was immediately around and was like "I BLOCKED MERK"

I don't think scum!AN reacts that quick if they intended to kill and got unexpectedly blocked

Okay but did any of their posts and actions past the turboing read town to you? Is your argument for Town!AN really just "there's no way they can be that smart to turn a no-kill to a frame job".

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Where do you get this sense that I'm defending AN when I'm laying out the worlds where they're scum and the worlds where they are not? We're at the end of our rope and I'm trying to consider all possibilities before I probably make the wrong choice again instead of just jumping to my first suspect/gut feel, because that's what I've been doing all game.

That and RWC's flip has me throwing my hands up because that means at least one of 3 people I thought was town is scum, so I'm trying to figure out whether my initial POE of RWC/death cob/AN was right or if I need to change tack and leave AN alone.

Because I'm alive for a reason and I don't know if that's because Yata was more correct or because they want me to question everything after being wrong about 2/3 of my POE

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Tired Moritz posted:

Okay but did any of their posts and actions past the turboing read town to you? Is your argument for Town!AN really just "there's no way they can be that smart to turn a no-kill to a frame job".

That is only a part of my argument, and the whole point is I feel I need to go back and reread to get a better feel.

I think AN has made posts I think are town and some not. I thought their posts on D2 were pretty towny and came to some solves that made sense at the time(including sussing salad). I honestly think the tone of thinking they successfully blocked merk is something that's more towny than not, which is again why if the blocked kill was intended by scum, I don't think AN posts like that or that quick. I also think it's more likely that a town is gonna be stubborn about withholding petty info that's just making them look more suspicious. I also think the flip on me last phase more often than not comes from a towny place.

On another hand, AN has been hanging around for most hammers with minimal input and that's not a great look. It feels a bit like they've made one big post every now and then to look good and that's about it, with d3 and d4 in particular feeling a lot like he was just kind of following whatever wagon I was leading with minimal input.

So I can see both worlds, and I'm trying to put all of the pieces together outside of just their posts to come to a conclusion. But for some reason you see me say anything close to "AN town" and assume that's my read, rather than realizing I'm trying to put the pieces of evidence out there and seeing out how it all fits.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

PsychoSoldier posted:

Jesus Christ, I'm not! READ

I'm sorry, this was rude. It's just frustrating because it feels like you aren't actually paying attention to what I'm writing

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
You have been reading AN town forever since post turbo and you have never gave a convincing reason why. Which is odd because you're keen to waffle around and throw suspicion on AN but as soon as salad died, you're all arms defending AN's honor until now

Forgive me for seeing a connection between you and AN. Should I quote every post where you made where you defended AN

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
This is a game with 2 scum and 1 bif. Let's see if scum will turbo AN

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Tired Moritz posted:

You have been reading AN town forever since post turbo and you have never gave a convincing reason why. Which is odd because you're keen to waffle around and throw suspicion on AN but as soon as salad died, you're all arms defending AN's honor until now

Forgive me for seeing a connection between you and AN. Should I quote every post where you made where you defended AN

No, I know how much I defended AN. But you're ignoring that after d3 I was way more open to him.being scum. No, he wasn't my first choice. But you're reacting to my posts today as if I'm defending him right now where I'm literally saying, "IF AN is scum, then...IF AN is town, then," not defending him. I'm doing what we all should be doing.

Like if you're town, why haven't you died despite tunneling AN until the very end? Have you not questioned that?

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Tired Moritz posted:

This is a game with 2 scum and 1 bif. Let's see if scum will turbo AN

tbh I did have the thought to join you and see what happens

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

But if we don't lunch right, it's game over I'm pretty sure

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Yup, just did the quick math, game's over if we're wrong here

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Well, if things don't move, there's nothing stopping us from turning this into a 3/2 and killing Bif

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

PsychoSoldier posted:

Like if you're town, why haven't you died despite tunneling AN until the very end? Have you not questioned that?

They probably was gonna until I reverse psycho them by begging to be killed

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Tired Moritz posted:

Well, if things don't move, there's nothing stopping us from turning this into a 3/2 and killing Bif

Game would still be over. If we kill Bif, and then scum kills, that puts us at 2/2 against scum. So unless we can block their kill or get a vig, it's game over.

Which makes me curious what items GW and Bif got

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

PsychoSoldier posted:

Game would still be over. If we kill Bif, and then scum kills, that puts us at 2/2 against scum. So unless we can block their kill or get a vig, it's game over.

we're seven
4/1/2
bif dies, town dies
3/2

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
oh wait
okay nevermind yeah we're losing this game

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Mod note:

Sorry, I don't have access to Votefinder - Voodoo will change it as soon as he is around.

Current number of living players is 6, not 7.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Not Voting (6): AnonymousNarcotics, Bifauxnen, Green Wing, Maerlyn, PsychoSoldier, Tired Moritz

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

Please remember to send me a number between 1-100 for your potential Item pick, and whether you will ##include Overpowered Items.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Disregard, apparently I do! Sorry for sloppyness there.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

I almost want to give Tired a pass just for going off votefinder and thinking we're still at 7 lol

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
the only person I can trust in this game was votefinder... betrayed at every stop

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Tired Moritz posted:

the only person I can trust in this game was votefinder... betrayed at every stop

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

I got a loving watcher. Watched psycho, figuring he'd be the scum kill unless he's scum, got absolutely nothing. (more on this in a moment) The items have been useless this game.

I know 2 out of this 4 are scum:

AN, Maerlyn, Psycho, TM.

Considering that scum are playing to clinch the win, at this point I could believe the following combinations:

Psycho + AN
Psycho + Maerlyn
(no psycho+TM, the above exchange doesn't read like psychodrama and what would be the point?)
TM + Maerlyn
(no TM + psycho, see above. No TM + AN, considering putting down vote on lylo)
AN + Psycho
AN + Maerlyn
Maerlyn + anybody

I'm starting to feel like I'm most worried about AN+Psycho. If this is true, Psycho has played a cracking scum game. I also think this links into why I'm alive - I think psycho may have been pocketing me, and may have decided to do so from a very early point in the game, when he started townreading me strongly before anybody else.

I really didn't like how AN jumped up with their corroborating tracker result on Maerlyn from an earlier night only after I revealed my own. It made this reveal uncontroversial, and the holding-back of that information seem reasonable.

I *do* think that scum would have been fully able to do the fake merk result and reap the reward as damage control for failing to kill Yata (which we now know was a legit self-jail), and cred which has clearly held well.

I'm close to just voting AN, taking the coin flip odds and seeing what happens at this point. It's been a long game and it's clear people are getting tired.

In fact, changed my mind while writing this - given it's now getting towards American waking-up time, nobody has scum rushed, and I think it's not even too late for bif to be up (I think - I think it was 1 in the morning over there when the vote went down and past experience says that's not too late) , I'm going to say this is an indication AN is scum - otherwise scum would have rushed.

##vote AN

If this is wrong, gg.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Votefinder has reset and not counted your vote, TM. You're the first vote on that really.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Tbh I would also vote psycho at this stage, he was first on salad but that's not a bad place for a bussing scumbud to be, in this game. If you lose a team member, you get an item.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

No this dumb ##unvote

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Green Wing posted:

Votefinder has reset and not counted your vote, TM. You're the first vote on that really.

Yes. gently caress. Sorry, this is also fixed now.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
##vote psycho I'm sticking with my case from yesterday. I'll quote it for convenience.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I have a new theory and I'm interested in what town thinks. I'm back to thinking that psycho might be scum. He has been very loud and very much controlling the vote. He led the switch to cutie who was town. But was very careful to not end up first or last on a vote, making him less of a target for people yelling "omg he wants items"

He's been pushing RWC for a long time, yet when they were actually close to getting lunched, he switched to cutie. Bussing? Also after days of saying that there's no way that I could be scum because it would involve me withholding the kill the night that I rbed merk but now he's voting me all of a sudden?

I don't trust it.

##vote psychos

PS it's really annoying that voice to text keeps turning roleblocked into Roblox

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Oh I do need to update to include that rwc was survivor. Ok not bussing.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tired Moritz posted:

Yeesh, I guess it's a good thing that gun didn't work

Speaking of that....

PsychoSoldier posted:

I got a masonry and tried to mason Yata which I thought would be hilariously awkward, this is an outrage

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Headline: psycho has been loud and controlling the vote. Imo if he was town, scum would have killed him off already.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
how? every vote off since turbo has been terrible for town

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Yes exactly. He's managed to steer the vote onto town every single time.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Oh hey I was right about bif being awake.

Nobody has scum rushed AN. It's not too early for US players either. Therefore either AN or TM are scum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
mm
but if psycho were town, i dont get why scum would target them at all. wouldnt it be better to continue to let them steer course