Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Three Olives posted:

They beg for the vaccination as they are dying, there is a certain point where most end-stage people will beg for literally anything that they think might save them and get so angry that doctors refuse to prescribe useless medications or do unnecessary procedures when their path to inevitable death in short order is already set in stone.

And sometimes the doctors oblige, I currently know someone that has been diagnosed with 100% terminal cancer, like, short term fatal, think inoperable brainstem cancer, that is still working and undergoing aggressive chemotherapy that is severely harming what limited quality of life they have left. Not because they have to, I know for a fact that they have company provided LTD/STD/Life Insurance, because I know people that work with them, just because they don't want to admit their fate is sealed and sit on a beach somewhere.

Our neighbor recently died that we were fairly close to, he insisted until we saw him just hours before his death in hospice care that he was going to talk to his doctors the next day about some new treatments he had heard about and that his doctors were very excited about. His family had told us that his doctors had told them that he had somewhere between minutes and hours from death a week earlier. He kept talking about a "sore" that he was going to have looked at soon, his family told us it was necrotic flesh from where his colon cancer had literarily eaten through his abdomen.

plum gave out trying to read this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU