Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Well, the semi-finals were fun at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Probably not gonna do weekly aftermaths next season. We can do with one the whole year just fine.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

PostNouveau posted:

Probably not gonna do weekly aftermaths next season. We can do with one the whole year just fine.

Really? I thought we had enough traffic for a weekly thread. A season on would get pretty long by the end. I guess we can see how it goes.

Anyway, way to get loving embarrassed TCU.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
We can split the difference and do monthly!

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/UGASPIKESQUAD/status/1612631056641069056

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Well, there’s always next year.

*puts finger on earpiece*

Hold on, I’m bring told that no, there is no next year.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Edward Mass posted:

Well, there’s always next year.

https://twitter.com/johnny11w/status/1612638032674398208

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Playoffs should have been 3 SEC teams and Tulane.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Spacebump posted:

Playoffs should have been 3 SEC teams and Tulane.

when you're right, you're right

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

georgia will need that bye after their 3 game losing streak next season

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

That is an egregiously pathetic OOC for Georgia.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I enjoy weekly aftermaths because the funny titles

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Komet posted:

To be fair they couldn’t have guessed UAB would hire Trent Dilfer

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

The first time I played red dead redemption 2, I hogtied some random stranger and dropped him on the railroad tracks. I waited entirely too long for the train to appear, but appear it did.

Semi-related, as a teen I had no idea that I UF could lose to UGA or that UGA could win a title.

Little did I know I was just hogtied, laying on the tracks over the Dakota River.

I am dead and this is hell. Go Gata :cripes:

SmellsLikeToast
Dec 30, 2005

A GREATER MAN THAN I DESERVE
I'm loving speechless. A lifetime of close calls, chokes, and Georgia-ing and now back to back titles.

gently caress.

HBTMFD

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/TerryBeaudine/status/1611774658482675712?s=20

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I thought the national championship game was supposed to be on, but ESPN2 had Pat McAfee in what I can only assume was a very large abortion clinic, like when I was a kid and my dad would flip through the channels and always seemed to find TLC when it was the surgery show. But now there's an aftermath thread for the season, so I guess the game did happen?

I'm very confused.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Cthulu Carl posted:

But now there's an aftermath thread for the season, so I guess the game did happen?

Well something happened. Game implies competition of some sort so it couldn't have been that.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Xpost from the GDT that I know nobody will give a poo poo about or read, but whatever, gently caress you, you watched this poo poo without a rooting interest and that's your own drat fault:

Chieves posted:

Well that sucked dick.

But hey, frogs made it here and that's more than I'd ever ask for from this season. I'd take a even a 20 point swing in the final result, but gently caress it.

Frogs forever. What an amazing unforgettable season that I hope all of you get to experience for your team at some point.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm throwing down the gauntlet: i believe that northwestern will rally and win up to two (2) games next season.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
So Ohio State #2 then?

TCU got beat so bad that Michigan now has a horrible loss

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I felt such little stress tonight. I’m glad Stet and the rest got their curtain call. Back to back gently caress the gators

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Komet posted:

SEC made UGA drop @ OU. Though you can fault the Dawgs for not getting like Georgia State or someone more spry to fill that spot.

Anyway, this UGA team was one of the greatest of recent history, huh.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Cthulu Carl posted:

I thought the national championship game was supposed to be on, but ESPN2 had Pat McAfee in what I can only assume was a very large abortion clinic, like when I was a kid and my dad would flip through the channels and always seemed to find TLC when it was the surgery show. But now there's an aftermath thread for the season, so I guess the game did happen?

I'm very confused.

The pat McAfee feed was worth it to see him scream "BIG GAPING HOLE" at Tebow and then Tebow immediately leaving.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

https://twitter.com/JennaEarwood/status/1612636458430390274?s=20&t=1Qi5gCVPFWU5QiOlMN-WYw

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

The pat McAfee feed was worth it to see him scream "BIG GAPING HOLE" at Tebow and then Tebow immediately leaving.

Does it often rain inside Sofi Stadium, because McAfee seemed to be really fixated on that - I mean there wasn't much else to discuss.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Cthulu Carl posted:

Does it often rain inside Sofi Stadium, because McAfee seemed to be really fixated on that - I mean there wasn't much else to discuss.

the stadium has a roof, and it leaked

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

D.N. Nation posted:

Anyway, this UGA team was one of the greatest of recent history, huh.

I wouldn't pick them to beat any of the recent champions that had elite QBs but they went undefeated and their computer metrics probably stack up well.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I was hoping for better for TCU. They were such a great story. Finally, a real chance for someone who hadn't been there in some time.

On a wonderful note, this means that Herschel Walker's pretty much had his legacy obliterated.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Not gonna lie I didn't watch a second and I felt like I missed nothing.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Georgia fans officially have to shut the gently caress up about this now. You got your two, you don't get to play woe is me anymore.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Kirios posted:

Georgia fans officially have to shut the gently caress up about this now. You got your two, you don't get to play woe is me anymore.

bummed we've never won 3 in a row, though. F UT Martin, we're comin

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
It's 2053 and Georgia fans are bummed they haven't yet won 33 in a row.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

You're me from around 2009 or so. Enjoy the ride. gently caress Shula. Oh and everyone will just hate you now so have fun with that, I sure have.

So who's ready for the scrappy underdog *checks notes* The Alabama Crimson Tide? to finally free everyone from the drudgery of championship game blowouts?

SmellsLikeToast
Dec 30, 2005

A GREATER MAN THAN I DESERVE
Get absolutely hosed, Mattress Mack lmao

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Muschamp has toxic tucker carlson syndrome

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Chieves posted:

Xpost from the GDT that I know nobody will give a poo poo about or read, but whatever, gently caress you, you watched this poo poo without a rooting interest and that's your own drat fault:

You have every right to both feel like this game sucked, but also feel immense pride for getting there. And you’d imagine TCU can build on this and keep getting stronger (it sounds like the university is happy with their own Flutie Bounce of applications coming due to this unreal Hypnotoad ride).

Plus,

RC and Moon Pie posted:

I was hoping for better for TCU. They were such a great story. Finally, a real chance for someone who hadn't been there in some time.

Hi, Oregon fan who watched my team become roadkill flattened under this Georgia team. I thought TCU might hang but I’m not shocked at all they went full Death Star this time. Not at all.

Fun season, good on the whole for my team and pretty fun from a full-FBS perspective too. And now we enter the long off-season. Next year is your year, and also yours too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I totally forgot the game was on tonight and been watching GDQ instead. :stare: Holy poo poo did I make the right choice.