Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Heres an update on his girls as of a few hours ago. They're both in really rough shape.

quote:

Josh Wharton, a family friend of the late Jay Briscoe, has provided an update on the health of Gracie and Jayleigh — Jay's two daughters who suffered severe injuries in the auto accident that led to the wrestler's death.

According to Wharton's Facebook page, Gracie "could not feel anything from the waist down" post-accident when she was admitted to a local hospital, where she was diagnosed with an L2 dislocation, L3 and L4 fractures, and spinal cord compression. Once she was stabilized and transferred to a bigger hospital, Gracie got feeling back in her thighs but continued to feel nothing below her knee. She ultimately underwent surgery around 3 AM on Wednesday, the 18th of January. The doctors were able to relieve the compression in her spinal cord and the surgery went as well as possible.

Gracie, 12, continues to deal with swelling and trauma in her spinal cord, as doctors play "the waiting game" hoping for a full recovery. On a positive note, she experienced "tingling in her feet" on and off Thursday, and doctors expect her progress to occur on a day-to-day basis. 

As of Thursday night, Gracie does not have feeling back in her legs. However, fortunately, she is not diagnosed with any other injuries.

Meanwhile, Jayleigh, 9, was diagnosed with an open tibia and fibular fracture at a local hospital, where she underwent surgery. The doctors placed her in an external fixator and sent her to a bigger hospital, where she remains. 

Jayleigh, diagnosed with a C7 fracture, is expected to remain in a neck brace for another six weeks. She is also dealing with L3 and L4 fractures, which will keep her in a back brace for another 12 weeks. She also has a broken rib on the right side. Furthermore, she suffered from internal bleeding Thursday, but the doctors performed bowel resection surgery and corrected the issue. 

Wharton has also shared a text message he received from Ashley, the wife of Jay.

"Both girls are in a lot of pain," read the text from Ashley. "We would like to express how thankful we are for the outpouring of support from our community and the wrestling community worldwide."

Read More: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/1173312/update-on-injuries-to-jay-briscoes-daughters/

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Jan 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

gently caress

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
They count from the neck down, right? So L2, L3 would be up in the neck?

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I'm just going off the below image, but it appears that L stands for lumbar which means that L2 and L3 are in the lower back.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Those injuries are horrifying and absolutely not fair to two young children. And that's even before a terrifying amount of PTSD.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

Barry Bluejeans posted:

I'm just going off the below image, but it appears that L stands for lumbar which means that L2 and L3 are in the lower back.

Yeah, L1 through L5 are the parts of the spine that control the nerves for the legs. L2 and L3 (along with L4) specifically control leg movement in the thigh and knee.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, neck injuries would be your C, cervical, vertebrae. I have a damaged disk at c6-c7 so at the base of the neck.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Thank you for not treating me like an idiot for my question.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

I fractured my L1 about 13/14 years ago and was in a brace for 3ish months (2/3 weeks of it on 24/7 and then was allowed to use it less and less). It sucked, but can't imagine what these young women are going through, sounds like they are in good care though.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

External fixator :gonk:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Gracie has regained feeling in her legs, and has some movement in her lower extremities.

https://m.facebook.com/100000454854574/videos/pugh-family-update-and-community-prayer-part-2/866713167931078/

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Someone posted NJPW’s 10 bell salute to Jay from their crossover show with NOAH on Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/10hqn9b/wrestle_kingdom_17_in_yokohama_spoilers_ten_bell/

:(

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
https://twitter.com/nodqdotcom/status/1621200846733066245?s=20

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I always get a little pain in my stomach whenever I see that this thread has new posts.

I'll tape some poetry to a frisbee and throw it into a crowd in his honor.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Ganso Bomb posted:

I always get a little pain in my stomach whenever I see that this thread has new posts.
:same:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I always know it's someone well known or relevant if there are a ton of new posts.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Not as well known as Poffo but people who were fans of classic AWA might remember the Sodbuster.

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1621223104927375360?s=20

Fe Vinum
Dec 17, 2013

Rest in Length, Lanny.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Lanny getting paid to sit at home

His heavenly home

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

That sucks. His brother was only 58 though so 68 is pretty good.

Iron Chef Nex
Jan 20, 2005
Serving up a hot buttered stabbing
Lanny taking the "wear your non-wrestling attire" rule for a Battle Royal to the extreme in ~'86 by showing up to them in medieval plate armor.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Gone to commentate on New Japan in Heaven

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/trevordame/status/1116247323590348802?s=46&t=qVGZ2qI2d9lMaPmFrxGGtQ

RIP king

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

He WAS a genius.

This hit oddly hard.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Dawgstar posted:

He WAS a genius.

This hit oddly hard.

He was by far the most intelligent wrestler I ever had the privilege of working a show on with.

This sucks

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

stab posted:

He was by far the most intelligent wrestler I ever had the privilege of working a show on with.

This sucks

Kane didn't make it up north much, huh?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/IANdrewTheGiant/status/1621211646961000449

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Armitage posted:

Not as well known as Poffo but people who were fans of classic AWA might remember the Sodbuster.

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1621223104927375360?s=20

I knew him only as Ric Flair's first match.

Man, Lanny was my favorite jobber when I was a kid. My friend caught one of his frisbees at a show. I was jealous.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

If I am not mistaken, Lanny Poffo is one of the few men to hold a winning record in matches vs Hogan as well.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Power Windows posted:

Lanny getting paid to sit at home

His heavenly home

5 years, getting paid handsomely to sit at home and do gently caress-all. The man lived my dream, and I'll always respect him for that. Rest in power, Genius.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

BrigadierSensible posted:

If I am not mistaken, Lanny Poffo is one of the few men to hold a winning record in matches vs Hogan as well.

When he and Mr Perfect destroyed the world title with a hammer I was beside myself

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Back in 2007, PWS booked a match between Lanny Poffo and Black Machismo and I always thought that was one of the most inspired indie match-ups.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
All of the people wishing a famous Memphis Wrestling Jerry would die last week got the wrong guy.

https://twitter.com/DirtyDMantell/status/1625581674560905219

So it goes, I will always remember him for posting the Mona Lisa looks like a bitch.

quote:

The following post is for clarification purposes. In an earlier post here I gave a version of Bob Ryders opinion on the ill feelings between him and Dave and Wade. I had made assumptions that the way I presented it, made it clear that this was the explanation that Ryder gave me. My assumption was wrong. Therefore let me apologize to any and all who were offended. The last line in the paragraph was very misleading. I said something to the effect that this gave me an understanding. (If someone will tell me how to cut and paste here, it will be appreciated) I should have better used the English language. "This explanation from Bob gives a person another option in attempting to understand the situation." I did not mean to convey that I believed one side against the other. Re-reading my post could easily lead someone to conclude that I took Bob's opinion as the final opinion, or the right slant on the misunderstanding. I got in trouble another time for taking the wrong opinion. I was in a class for art appreciation. I expressed the opinion that the "Mona Lisa" was a picture of an ugle b..., with a smirk on her face. I was asked to leave the class. People can sometime see the same thing and have very different opinions. And sometime we should just keep our mouths shut and not express an opinion either way. My wife once asked as we were leaving the house, if I liked her new dress. I said yes, if we are going to a Halloween costume party. She didn't speak to me during dinner that night.
Jerry

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Feb 14, 2023

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Rip Jerry did you ever end up getting his famous chicken salad recipe?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/TheArnShow/status/1634593413310869504

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Just awful, no parent should have to go through that.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Oh god that’s awful

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Jesus Christ that is awful

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Christ I can't even imagine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/icwnhb/status/1636922128342695941?s=46&t=H36e4AHxGnGz5hjPW3BCSg

Manbun Ref has passed away