Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1636914829947535360

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Oh goddamn he was like my favorite ICW ref :(

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
RIP Piss Jug Mike

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1638209694584938496?t=eb2Yq4K5z3SsebnqhRePtg&s=19

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1642998558013145088?s=20

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I hope he’s licking angels in heaven :(

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

From NZ's most widely circulated newspaper

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/kiwi-wrestling-icon-butch-miller-of-the-bushwhackers-dies-aged-78/IQ6QBPR56RGDHPS7OJLSDY4J3E/

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Apr 4, 2023

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's interesting how butch in particular kept taking several years off from wrestling but never stopped being successful. a key reason why the wwf bushwackers ever happened in the first place. it's too bad that didn't open more eyes to the possibility

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Sheepherder Butch Miller

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijIcpCHv8Rs

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

drat, it’s so sad that it happened after coming over for wrestlecon. I hope he at least he got to see a lot of fans and wrestlers who had great things to say to/about him all weekend.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1642911381484888069?s=20

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

If his surname rings a bell, it's because he was Big Daddy's brother.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Luke talking about Butch passing:

"Late last night, I lost my friend, brother and tag team partner of over 50 years with the passing of Bob "Butch" Miller. My heart goes out to his wife Helen, his lovely daughters Sharon and Kirsten and all of his grandchildren. From the early-1970s when we were young mates wrestling for John da Silva in New Zealand, my first impression of Bob "The Chest" Miller (as he was called in those days) was that he was a first-class redneck, and what bloody redneck he was! But he was also an all-around good guy and a great friend. By the time we reached our mid-20s, we found ourselves traveling the world together, from New Zealand to Australia to Malaysia, Singapore and Japan, before "invading" the North American territories in Canada and the United States as The Sheepherders. In 1988 we were in our 40s and still at the top of our game when we got a call from the offices in Connecticut with an offer to join the largest and fastest growing wrestling promotion in the world, the WWF/E- The Bushwhackers were born! As The Bushwhackers we appeared in the largest venues in the world, in front the the biggest crowds professional wrestling had ever seen! And we were eventually honored by our fans and peers with our inclusion in the WWE Hall of Fame in 2015 and the Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame in 2020. We did it all, we saw it all, and we accomplished it all together. This past weekend in Los Angeles, Bob flew in from New Zealand to join me for Wrestlemania weekend and the related festivities, neither of us knowing it would be our last days together and his last days of life. If you were to read the story of my life it would say that I am only child, but it would be wrong. In life I had a brother and his name was Bob Miller. I love you, Bob. Until I see you again, WOOOOAHH YEEEEAAHH!"

Fifty years. Man.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Man I absolutely adored The Bushwhackers as a kid :unsmith:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

edogawa rando posted:

If his surname rings a bell, it's because he was Big Daddy's brother.

:iiam: why Daddy was pushed so hard.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Gaz-L posted:

:iiam: why Daddy was pushed so hard.

How else was he supposed to get through the door?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1644783128974589954

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ricflairnatrboy/status/1658996426628558848

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Not unexpected after he got taken off life support, but still sad considering I don't think he was even 80 yet?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/the_ironsheik/status/1666462933604265990

FACK! :(

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
It's wrong that he goes before the Hulk Hogan :(

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

My mom loved any 'Sheik' gimmick. Mostly the original Sheik, but Iron Sheik too. RIP to a real one.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

thepokey posted:

FACK HULK HOGAN!

BREAK HIS BACK, MAKE HIM HUMBLE!

:rip: Sheiky Baby

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
RIP to a legend

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

some angels are about to be real humble

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
RIP TO THE REAL

Still one of the greatest independent wrestling stories for my crew was when a booked Sheiky baby was so hammered and high he refused to get out of the car and screamed at the workers and fans outside for a half hour. It's on youtube somewhere from an ontario show like 15-20 years ago but gently caress if I can find it. STILL kicking myself for deciding to work OT and miss a free ride to this....

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I do not mean to make light of this thread, but what I enjoy the most going through it is the celebration of people with some of the wildest names you've ever heard. There's genuine loss and remembrance for Bushwhacker Bush and Piss Jug Mike. I love that.

It hurts to lose Iron Sheik, but at least he gets to spend some time away from that jabroni Hulk Hogan. He can't hurt you now.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
RIP the Iron Shiek, a man who was visibly erect while putting Hulk Hogan in the Camel Clutch.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
rip sheiky baby, break backs and make them humble in the afterlife

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

always loved nash's story of riding with shiek on his first road trip

"sid who is the fuckin giant jabroni driving us?"
"I'm not a jabroni shiek"
"Of course you're not bubba."

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
RIP Sheik. A tremendous poster and poo poo talker.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jun 7, 2023

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

thepokey posted:

This way Hogan can't politic his way into Heaven, Shiek's gonna make sure that jabroni heads to eternal hellfire.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I'm spitting on America right now

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Critical posted:

I think this is the same one where Sheik is smoking what Nash described as the biggest joint he's ever seen and he tells Sheik to maybe be a little more discreet about it and Sheik just tells him to gently caress off.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

RIP Sheik and god drat do I hope those sad sacks that have been running his twitter as if it was him for like 15 years now finally give it up

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

نور به قبرش بباره
Sheiky baby, rest in peace

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

stab posted:

RIP TO THE REAL

Still one of the greatest independent wrestling stories for my crew was when a booked Sheiky baby was so hammered and high he refused to get out of the car and screamed at the workers and fans outside for a half hour. It's on youtube somewhere from an ontario show like 15-20 years ago but gently caress if I can find it. STILL kicking myself for deciding to work OT and miss a free ride to this....

I guess Stu isn’t getting his money then.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Iran number one!

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Zombie Lemur posted:

I think this is the same one where Sheik is smoking what Nash described as the biggest joint he's ever seen and he tells Sheik to maybe be a little more discreet about it and Sheik just tells him to gently caress off.

lmao the iron sheik rules

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Critical posted:

"hey bubba, stop and get the heineken?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist