Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Tony's tweeted it. gently caress.

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1615520610414907393

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

spinst posted:

Two others are in critical condition, including a child. Ugh.

Oh no.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cnig-tduncU/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Power Windows posted:

Lanny getting paid to sit at home

His heavenly home

5 years, getting paid handsomely to sit at home and do gently caress-all. The man lived my dream, and I'll always respect him for that. Rest in power, Genius.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

From NZ's most widely circulated newspaper

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/kiwi-wrestling-icon-butch-miller-of-the-bushwhackers-dies-aged-78/IQ6QBPR56RGDHPS7OJLSDY4J3E/

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Apr 4, 2023

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

If his surname rings a bell, it's because he was Big Daddy's brother.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I saw almost 150 unread posts and wondered which old timer had passed on, and… loving hell. 36 is not an age to die at, and I hope his kids are getting support.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I feel like “they were building to something and they hosed it up” sums up so much of his career. There are just so many times where he’d be booked to lose when he needed a win, or the victim of creative booking themselves into a corner.

He should’ve beaten Cena at Mania 30. He probably should’ve beaten Taker the next year. That HIAC match probably should never have been booked (or at least not been a Cell match) and he should not have been booked to face Goldberg at that Saudi blood money show.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Coaaab posted:

now let's not talk crazy now

For real though. That match wouldn’t have been the fiasco it was had it not been a cell match, and instead, “ref calls off match because The Fiend is battering the piss out of Seth, and acted in the interests of his health and well-being” would not have raised too many eyebrows.

Bray Wyatt obviously spent a lot of time trying to make lemonade out of the booking lemons that went his way, and honestly, considering how he was nevertheless able to maintain a connection with the audience makes me wonder how well-regarded he’d have been had he been booked competently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I remember watching him in his Yokozuna days. Dude was like the final boss of 90s sumo. RIP Akebono, your bouts with Takanohana owned.