Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I keep seeing people saying the tweet seems suspect because Mike Rotunda/IRS isn't a WWE Hall of Famer but...after Benoit dying completely axed Vince's stupid limo explosion angle I don't think they'd dare go for a fake death angle one day after Terry Funk passed.

...just...poo poo.

EDIT: also PWInsider et. al are reposting it so it's probably unfortunately real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Of course it's loving real, Jesus gently caress

They wouldn't work something like this, what is wrong with people

This is absolutely crushing though. Just devastating.

I think people are just in so much shock they don't want to believe it. I mean...I get it but it's hosed to be like "clearly this is a hacked tweet". Five stages of grief and all that.

:smith:

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Aug 24, 2023

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That's because it pretty much is. It was reported as an illness, then like a few days ago everything indicated he was improving, then WHAM

There's only one thing I can think of in recent times that's behaved that way though, and that's COVID, unless heaven forbid it was mental in origin and Windham fooled people. :(

And no matter what it is, it's going to lead to people being huge pieces of poo poo about the cause of death like they were with Brodie.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

rare Magic card l00k posted:

he's probably about the same age as a very large portion of us dammit all

i dunno if this is a right thing to feel but i just want you idiots to know i love you all, even the ones i pretend to be mad at (and maybe sometimes am a little mad at words on my computer screen)

To be honest I was mostly just stunned about it...then I realized he was exactly my age right now and I broke. It's such a stupid thing to be the thing to trigger being upset that someone is dead but there it is.

Also because Death knows no borders, RIP to Carlos Elizondo, historic Lucha Libre promoter who among other things gave Chris Jericho his start in Mexico.

https://twitter.com/Superluchas/status/1694847044437852356

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Akebono was probably the first sumo wrestler I knew and watched thanks to highlights from a Japanese news program on PBS (Today's Japan, I think it was called) in the 90s that was broadcast in English.

Sadly he'd been in bad shape for years but even then to pass away at only 54 is rough.

RIP to a trailblazer of the sport of Sumo.