Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Armitage posted:

Not as well known as Poffo but people who were fans of classic AWA might remember the Sodbuster.

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1621223104927375360?s=20

I knew him only as Ric Flair's first match.

Man, Lanny was my favorite jobber when I was a kid. My friend caught one of his frisbees at a show. I was jealous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Bray losing to Cena at WM XXX was one of the things that made me say 'they never get it. And they never will'
For all the good Danielson's wins at WM XXX were, seeing the first nail in the coffin of the most interesting act in WWE in years was one of the last straws.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I remember learning that Bray was still a top merch mover for the fed when they released him.
All the silly Halloween masks and dumb booking and stupid looking belts in the universe couldn't stop what people saw in him.
I'm not going to sit here and say I was Bray's biggest fan. I was a fan for about 9 months before I lapsed off the fed never to return. I'm not suddenly going to say that Uncle Howdy and Mountain Dew matches were genius.
But all the same I wish things weren't this way, both in the sense that somebody died at 36 and in the sense that I feel like the world lost something important.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

The only nice thing I will say about Ole is he wasn't completely wrong about Mick and how not only would his style of wrestling destroy him, but people would grow innundated to it.
Actually no he was wrong. People still pop for stuff as simple as people going through tables. Also Mick's style practically defined the style of the hottest period of wrestling history soooooo yeah.
And Mick didn't even wind up in a wheelchair at 30. His brains are scrambled but people knew dick about how damaging concussions were back then.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Jesus: Of course not. (Gives Virgil 1,000,001 dollars). But you know we have nothing to buy in Heaven. It's all free.
Virgil: (Not listening) Money, money, money, money, moneeeey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Virgil: (Has 1,000,001 dollars in Heaven but nothing to buy). Who cares I got money baby!