Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jesus. That's awful. This one hits home harder at least partially just because Jay is just a few months older than me. I've not had to really comfront many deaths from my age group

Really need time to process this one, but all I can think to say is The Briscoes have been a huge part of my wrestling fandom from when I started watching US indies, or just reading about them being too young to wrestle in Philly so they turned up to a CZW Philly show as the Midnight Outlawz, Kenny & Keno Murdoch.

Devastated for his family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Gone to commentate on New Japan in Heaven

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

One of the greatest to ever do it. A star all over the world, an absolute force of nature.

It's not surprising news but it's still incredibly sad.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

That's a drat shame. 36 is no age, and he's leaving behind little kids. Always sad

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

26 is no age at all, that's terrible.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/BeyondGorilla_/status/1740698488579535323?t=yaVPNX0OTtLKG-dUYZ8JAw&s=19

Cracking photo

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://x.com/actwresgirlz/status/1754354980985950655?s=20

The Japanese women's wrestler Asahi has died. Seems like a car accident.

She was only 21, debuted for Ice Ribbon at 14, & joined Actwres girlZ last year. She was a really promising young wrestler & 21 is no age to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Only 54. I'd like one of the sumo posters to really do him justice, I know his MMA & kickboxing times were farcical but he did some good stuff in pro wrestling. Obviously he had some limitations just being a dude that big, but he had a fun match with Brock Lesnar in his brief New Japan run, & was a big name for All Japan in the time after the Wrestle-1 split. I checked on AJPW.tv & they don't have many of his matches up, there's actually Akebono & Toru Owashi vs Rikishi & Nobutaka Araya from '07. There's also a 2015 Champion Carnival match with Suwama, as well as Akebono & Mutoh against Team 3D.

There is this though, not on AJPW.tv: Akebono vs Kento Miyahara from June 2015 for the Triple Crown. This is from before Kento won the belt for the first time

Also this is a match that exist: Open The Triangle Gate Title Match
Akebono, Don Fujii & Masaaki Mochizuki (c) vs. Tokyo Gurentai (MAZADA & NOSAWA Rongai) & Abdullah The Butcher