Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Sheik is one of those guys who I thought would live forever. Incredible wrestler, hilarious shoot interview, an absolute icon. This one stings.

DJExile posted:

RIP Sheik and god drat do I hope those sad sacks that have been running his twitter as if it was him for like 15 years now finally give it up

They included themselves in the announcement message so I doubt it, but apparently they were his nephews and he didn't. Having a social media manager isn't that weird but you can tell they started it young and just kept going, and it got obnoxious at times. Still funny at other times. Agreed though, hope they give it up and it doesn't become another weird ghoul account of a dead guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

He looked so good in DSOTR and he always seemed to keep his head up. I hope that he's remembered not only as a tragedy but in his own way as a triumph. Very sad, at only 54. RIP

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

It's amazing he lasted as long as he did. What a legend. I just watched Beyond The Mat for the first time a few weeks ago. Man. Even expected, even though the guy had like, three lifetimes of careers, it still stings. :(

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/1694840084091023529?t=V-EqqnCf6Ypo_qAQ7-NObw&s=19

speechless

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I was watching She's Gotta Have It and had just hit the last fifteen minutes when I checked my phone and saw the tweet and I'm just in such a strange place now. There's something so strange about how much I enjoyed that movie while also being in shock about this whole thing. I don't have words, I'm just staring blankly at my phone.

RIP. 36 years old. God.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

God that's just. Horrible.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I think Taker also really saw the world in him.

This may go down as one of the biggest what-ifs in wrestling history. He did so much, and yet not enough.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCLf3NW2peg

Stevie Richards posted a pretty cool video remembering Terry Funk and talking about matches he had with him, breaking down some psychology and spots. It's really nice.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Had no idea he was Billy White Wolf. That's crazy, and a really cool story. RIP

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/wXwGermany/status/1728330187299832114?t=aaGhxYmWuHlhKNlWBvvmUA&s=19

wXw Germany posted:

Wir nehmen Abschied von einem der verdientesten Wrestler der wXw-Geschichte. 

Ohne jeden Zweifel ist Absolute Andy einer der bekanntesten und beliebtesten Wrestler im deutschsprachigen Raum. In seiner beinahe 20 Jahre dauernden Karriere hat Absolute Andy alle großen Titel bei wXw errungen. 16 Carat Gold Sieger, wXw Unified World Wrestling Champion, wXw Shotgun Champion, 5facher wXw World Tag Team Champion, wXw World Heavyweight Champion. Andy ist der einzige Wrestler, der all diese Erfolge in seinem Lebenslauf hat.

Über 330x hat Andy seine Stiefel für wXw geschnürt und ist gegen die Besten der Besten in den Ring gestiegen. Bryan Danielson, Hiroshi Tanahashi und Jeff Jarrett gehörten ebenso zu seinen Kontrahenten wie Walter, Ilja Dragunov und Tommy End. Seine großen Tag Teams Jay-AA, A-4, AbLas und Champions of Champions sind Teil unserer Geschichte.

Andy hat vorgestern seinen langen Kampf gegen seine Krankheit verloren und ist im Beisein seiner Ehefrau eingeschlafen. Wir wünschen seiner Familie und seinen Freunden viel Kraft in dieser Zeit und bitten euch, ihnen den notwendigen Abstand zu geben bis wir Andy alle gemeinsam im wXw-Ring mit dem Respekt, den seine Lebensleistung verdient, verabschieden dürfen 💔

:smith:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

26 is no age to go. I didn't know much of Mad Kurt but man, the stories coming out. RIP.

https://twitter.com/OBEYBrookes/status/1740735506168828232?t=vnhw5UwIVI_RAtvZPGQioA&s=19

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Holy poo poo

This is weird but I never entertained the idea that he could die

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Every Virgil story is funnier than the last. What a guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

RIP. It's amazing how much he did in both sumo and wrestling and I'd love to hear more about his legacy from a knowledgeable sumo poster. Only 54...