Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Jesus, that's a tragedy. Dude was way too young, and has four young kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

That's how I want to remember him. In a darkened arena, with the crowd holding up their cellphones to be his fireflies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqNKPwe5wvE

Because when Bray Wyatt came in, you didn't cheer, and you didn't boo. Those reactions weren't good enough. He was something special.

They had lightning in a bottle with the Wyatts. It was one of those entrances that legitimately felt like a big deal event, live. Whole audience just absolutely riveted.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I wish we would have gotten to see him get one tenth the push Reigns got when he was building to that match with Undertaker. That was the moment that could have put him in the spotlight for good if they hadn't hosed it up so bad his next PPV match was against loving Ryback.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Woah. Apparently WWE knew (according to Dave) about Bray's heart issue when they first released him a couple years ago. Like obviously COVID worsened it but according to Dave it was a known variable even then. Honestly that makes a bunch of things make more sense (why he didn't do indies, why he seemed so introspective about wrestling in the few times he did say anything public, why he was maybe looking into other media like movies as well).

I always figured he'd eventually go the Rob Zombie route and end up making cult classic horror films when he was done wrestling.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

edogawa rando posted:

I remember watching him in his Yokozuna days. Dude was like the final boss of 90s sumo. RIP Akebono, your bouts with Takanohana owned.

Absolutely. It's hard to overstate how massive a presence he was in sumo, both for his skill and as a 6'8" guy fighting at ~500lbs.