Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

The most important thing from the games that the series has to capture is the look. TLOU has a dedication to this aesthetic of "beautiful decay"--if the production designer can capture that, I can forgive all manner of plot weirdness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I'm surprised Left Behind is a whole episode. I just don't remember there being that much content. Do we know if all the eps are going to be 90 minutes long?

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

bobjr posted:

The Fireflies could have been a stronger group a decade+ ago, but by year 20 are running on fumes as it’s becoming more clear the old order of things just won’t come back

I was really surprised when FEDRA had a working helicopter in the show. I don't recall any aircraft in the game.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

She's definitely got the voice down.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

My only objection was that it didn't seem like B&F were part of a smuggling pipeline; they were just trading things they had for things they wanted.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

FEDRA seems like it would be the scariest opponent, if they got their dander up and gathered all the remaining pieces of military hardware they could throw at you. It's like the Pittsburg truck level, but that's every single encounter.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

TheBizzness posted:

I have a feeling the “all these zombies are part of a giant fungal neural network” thing is only going to be used when convenient and forgotten about multiple times.

I really wish they hadn’t included it.

Much like the spore clouds in the game, it's only used as a plot driver.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

"Burned poo poo," I think.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

The only people we really have to see Joel kill in that scene are Marlene and the doctor.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I never got the impression from the game that the cultists were unaware of the cannibalism, and was surprised when that was the angle they went with here.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I think the show did enough frontloading of the fact that Joel was a dangerous dude to make the rampage believable. They didn't have the time to show us as much as the game did, but People Afraid of Joel was a thing talked about on multiple occasions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I just noticed that Laura Bailey, Abbey's VA, was one of the nurses in the finale.