Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

goldmine, this was an unexpected delight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

its time for remove leon trotsky 2012 from cspam 3 to break the tie

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

They called him Leo Fonfatch, a derogatory Yiddish word for nose (not because he had a large or stereotypically Jewish nose, but because of his high, nasal voice). Trotsky refused to tip them: He believed that a worker should earn a living wage and that tips were insulting. But the waiters found the absence of tips even more insulting. Trotsky was handed off from waiter to waiter; then, they refused en masse to serve him.

https://twitter.com/rachelcleves/status/1405533036779741192

lol

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

smart, he's taking a hit now to win the next argument or whatever is going on here

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

trotsky was cspam all along

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

trotsky was cspam all along

trotsky was way more competent and charismatic than cspam

speng31b
May 8, 2010

vyelkin posted:

lmao Leon you idiot

what a fuckin nerd

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

They called him Leo Fonfatch, a derogatory Yiddish word for nose (not because he had a large or stereotypically Jewish nose, but because of his high, nasal voice). Trotsky refused to tip them: He believed that a worker should earn a living wage and that tips were insulting. But the waiters found the absence of tips even more insulting. Trotsky was handed off from waiter to waiter; then, they refused en masse to serve him.

https://twitter.com/rachelcleves/status/1405533036779741192

I don't know if this is true or not but it's the most cspam thing

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Crazypoops posted:

I don't know if this is true or not but it's the most cspam thing

I read it in like 2 other sources and it sounds like the kind of thing he’d do

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

mawarannahr posted:

There is a memorable little scene from the early history of the Soviet Union. Leon Trotsky is inexorably losing in a power struggle with Josef Stalin. In his anger and frustration the old revolutionary rises to make a dramatic exit from a meeting of the Politburo. Striding out of the chamber, he tries to slam the door behind him. But the great Kremlin door is too large, too heavy. For a mortifying moment Trotsky is left there struggling to pull it shut, the man--and his political point--symbolically and literally dwarfed.

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019
I'm glad for the highlight reel.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

ironically it turns out that leon was his own ramon mercader

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1614113003670052865?cxt=HHwWgoC9sbLOveYsAAAA

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

goldmine

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

yeah

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021