Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biosterous

ok so i mentioned my plumbing problems in hw&c thread (which have been solved hooray). my landlord was cleaning up water with his shop vac and said "oh i also vacuumed this other closet because water had got in it. also by the way i lifted the carpet to get all of it. you might see a white circle there, that's the safe the previous tenant installed. i don't know the combination"

here is the safe:

here is the underside of the lid (keeps the safe watertight, according to the owner's manual i found):

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous

i've lived here for over six years and there's been a gat dang mystery floor safe in the closet the whole time

the plumbing issue sucked but it has given me the gift of: intrigue and mystery

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

i googled the handwritten notes on the underside, and the first result was comparing motorcycle clubs to riding clubs. one of the few things i actually know about the previous tenants is that one of them had a motorcycle. a lead??? :tinfoil:

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

it's almost certainly empty, but it's fun to imagine what stuff could be in there (definitely sex toys)

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

oh yeah here's the user manual

https://mans.io/files/viewer/1119372/6#navigate_bar

gallery of sigs

he/him

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Give it back to them?

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

sephiRoth IRA

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Get a fat drill bit and bore that sucker out

As long as those aren't vintage dildos you probably will retain the resale value even if you chew one up with the drill on your way in

HP = fine art itt

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Viginti Septem posted:

Give it back to them?

waht in the gently caress? no!

Abugadu

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
I have a friend who found a large mystery safe in her apartment hidden in a closet, and had a locksmith come drill it open. There were lots of guns inside by someone who didn't want to ship them to his next residence, along with a note that said Good Luck with The Zombie Apocalypse.

She let the locksmith keep the guns.

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

put on a stethoscope and listen while you turn the dial like an old timey safe cracker

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

sb hermit

Maybe get a stethoscope and see if you can crack it?

your friend sk posted:

put on a stethoscope and listen while you turn the dial like an old timey safe cracker

dang, beaten

sephiRoth IRA

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Areola Grande posted:

waht in the gently caress? no!

:yossame:

HP = fine art itt

Areola Grande

OP what we're looking at here is a classic biker gang dead drop 100% no question. I'd wager that what u find in there is gonna be some dope rear end crime poo poo, maybe even a murder weapon

call in the laser saw :suspense:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

your friend sk posted:

that's my actual advice though, is the lock cheap enough that you can hear the lock click?

Join the BYOB Army

sephiRoth IRA

-Carl Sagan

Areola Grande posted:

OP what we're looking at here is a classic biker gang dead drop 100% no question. I'd wager that what u find in there is gonna be some dope rear end crime poo poo, maybe even a murder weapon

call in the laser saw :suspense:

Nah gonna be a macaroni glue art project by some kid with a note reminding you the greatest treasure is the friends you made along the way

HP = fine art itt

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Nah gonna be a macaroni glue art project by some kid with a note reminding you the greatest treasure is the friends you made along the way

macaroni rules rear end

Join the BYOB Army

Areola Grande

u should start with 69:69:69. that's a biker classic

sephiRoth IRA

-Carl Sagan

your friend sk posted:

macaroni rules rear end

Hey ain't nobody bashing macaroni itt rn, just making an observation

Unless you were making some sort of ontological statement ??

HP = fine art itt

sb hermit

sephiRoth IRA posted:

one of those parables about two people going on a long journey together to find a fabled treasure only to find a lonely monolith in a great hall polished like a mirror and a message saying that the treasure is yourself

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
Its where I keep all my thread ideas, op. I need those!! :ohdear:

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Chewbecca

your friend sk posted:

Real talk can you do this? This would be cool as hell

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

sb hermit

everything I learned about safecracking was watching some dude talk about how movies get it right and wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9TPxp09WKg

so I assume you can do it if you have time and patience

Dumb Sex-Parrot

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
Maybe the numeric value of those written letters is the code?

MC: 13 + 3 = 18
RC: 18 + 3 = 21
DI: 4 + 9 = 13
R: 18

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

sephiRoth IRA

-Carl Sagan

Chewbecca posted:

Real talk can you do this? This would be cool as hell

Flash of insight - call Charlize instead, bet she'd be game

HP = fine art itt

Manifisto

mods, pleas rename biosterous to sex toy gazillionaire

ty nesamdoom!

Twenty Four

There's an old floor safe like that, much older than that one, about maybe half a foot in diameter and a bit more than that deep, at a bar that I frequent and help out at sometimes in one of the back rooms. Long ago they put it in the floor right next to the big ice maker, which leaks now and again, so it's a bucket of rust and gets stuck from time to time. The water damage part of the story reminded me of that.

So, I don't have any tips on how to get it open if you don't know how to open it, but I've figured it out a few times when it's supposed to open but just won't, hah.

Anyhow, if any updates arise, I'd love to hear!

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

okay so first thing you want to do is make a post on reddit about this

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

biosterous

i don't want to drill it because, since i'm assuming it's empty, the ideal outcome is thus i open it and now i have a safe, neat

i'm not gonna give it back to the previous tenant because i have no way of contacting them, also it's installed in concrete in a closet and that sounds like way too much work

gallery of sigs

he/him

nut

that’s gotta be a pretty small motorcycle

Chewbecca

biosterous posted:

i don't want to drill it because, since i'm assuming it's empty, the ideal outcome is thus i open it and now i have a safe, neat

i'm not gonna give it back to the previous tenant because i have no way of contacting them, also it's installed in concrete in a closet and that sounds like way too much work

Its your safe now goon, fair and square!

Shifty Nipples

nut posted:

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Finger Prince

39-54-30-18

sephiRoth IRA

-Carl Sagan
Are safes different now? Hasn't it always been three numbers? Why does this safe think it's better than everyone?

HP = fine art itt

Ass-penny

nut posted:

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

Finger Prince

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

I thought maybe multiply because it makes for more realistically spaced numbers.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
imagine if here was 1 huge diamond the size of the safe in the safe

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Ass-penny

I like to imagine that my will to live is inside the safe

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

biosterous

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

alas it is neither of these

also the dial seems to have a bit of play on it, not solidly connected to the bits underneath or something, boo

gallery of sigs

he/him

Chewbecca

Does that mean you couldn't do the clicky thing where you listen in?? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
maybe the mechanism has been corroded by the dankness of the giant nug that lives within it

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER