Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROLEX VISION
Oct 3, 2014

dreams money can buy
i personally was neither. i was somewhat of a wallflower. alone in the crowd sort of person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Get a load of this nerd OP

ROLEX VISION
Oct 3, 2014

dreams money can buy
i do remember people laughing at me for spacing out or as they used to say ”he’s having vietnam flashbacks”. i was rly depressed and sleep deprived back in my school days and i was always dissociating at school. i still do.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I grew up in Alaska which was like a decade behind in fashion so when I moved to super fancy Seattle metro area I was definitely a target. Being headstrong did not help.

But then I grew 6" between 9th and 10th grade and it's weird how everyone immediately hosed off with that.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Bullied for being a try-hard smart kid.
But I ended up going to art school, so lol, they thought someone who went to art school was smart. Fuckin' idiots.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

ROLEX VISION posted:

i was rly depressed and sleep deprived back in my school days and i was always dissociating at school. i still do.

Try graduating, idiot

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Das Boo posted:

Bullied for being a try-hard smart kid.
But I ended up going to recording engineering school which is even dumber than art school

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I was bullied because I was fat op but then I lost a bunch of weight over the summer between junior and senior year and everyone changed their tune and that’s when I truly understood how dumb high school is op.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Relentlessly bullied throughout the entirety of middle school for being a smart kid with a skin disease on his legs at the time. Trying to get the school to do something about it was met with dismissive “boys will be boys.”

gently caress middle school.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

You guys didn't get bullied because you were smart, its because you were nerds.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I got bullied, it's what happens when you're really young and you make older friends cause you don't know any better. Middle school onwards was fine though

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Caesar Saladin posted:

You guys didn't get bullied because you were smart, its because you were nerds.

And how!

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
Wasn't interested in sports, music or girls until quite late and had a surreal sense of humour coupled with braces and glasses, so got some poo poo. Wasnt invested in school enough to be a high achiever. There were people who had it worse. Became a goth when I did get into girls and music, but at that point most people were over bullying and cliques.

Wasn't above telling the absolutely hopeless kids who tried to latch onto the nerds/goths to gently caress off though, lest they try quoting The Mask, wanking to anime and stinking of piss around me.

It's a land of contrasts, OP.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
This new kid with an anger problem decided he was my bully in fourth grade because I was very small. My parents had just divorced, so I also had an anger problem. We spent the whole year beating the poo poo out of each other. In retrospect maybe he did a good thing idk.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Lt. Cock posted:

This new kid with an anger problem decided he was my bully in fourth grade because I was very small. My parents had just divorced, so I also had an anger problem. We spent the whole year beating the poo poo out of each other. In retrospect maybe he did a good thing idk.

Oh, you reminded me! My best friend for most of secondary school was a guy with a box of XMen comics, a Sega Saturn, an alcoholic mother and anger issues and probable autism. He was known for throwing chairs at people and biting in fights, so he got my friend group some leeway in a mutually assured destruction kind of way.

Disco Pope fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jan 12, 2023

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Both.

Got bullied, then learned to hang around the bigger kids or just the more dangerous kids. Then gave it back.

naem
May 29, 2011

ROLEX VISION posted:

i personally was neither. i was somewhat of a wallflower. alone in the crowd sort of person.

same

naem
May 29, 2011

Jelly posted:

But then I grew 6" between 9th and 10th grade and it's weird how everyone immediately hosed off with that.

also same

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
The lines kind of blur when you go to really lovely schools. My school was kind of a free for all, and I don't think any of us were victims or perpetrators, we were all pretty guilty of being pieces of poo poo.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

I thought I was the bullied but now that I'm an adult I strongly suspect I was the bully.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

syntaxfunction posted:

The lines kind of blur when you go to really lovely schools. My school was kind of a free for all, and I don't think any of us were victims or perpetrators, we were all pretty guilty of being pieces of poo poo.

I think my school was pretty good but this was the same attitude for us as well. At that age you're like a shark smelling blood any time a tiny break in the social norms is detected. If you can get the focus off of yourself onto someone else you're golden.

The rich kids clique was pretty lovely to a lot of us in school, but then one girl went too far (she was dropped off at prom in a helicopter) and all of us poor kids realized that we outnumbered the rich kids and started mocking them. I specifically remember a girl saying "What's next, a UFO drops you off at college?" to raucous laughter from the entire lunchroom. Suddenly it was open season on them and stuff like Abercrombie and Fitch shirts and finished basements became things to mock.

ROLEX VISION
Oct 3, 2014

dreams money can buy

I was the ”wild one” in middle school and the ”burn out” in high school.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Not really bullied, and definitely not a bully. Kind of a wallflower like you said, and loner. I talked to pretty much anyone, but there weren't many that I felt like I could honestly say were a close friend, and it's still that way. I could say everyone sucks, but maybe it's me that sucks, not to bully myself or anything..

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

A Fancy Hat posted:

I think my school was pretty good but this was the same attitude for us as well. At that age you're like a shark smelling blood any time a tiny break in the social norms is detected. If you can get the focus off of yourself onto someone else you're golden.

The rich kids clique was pretty lovely to a lot of us in school, but then one girl went too far (she was dropped off at prom in a helicopter) and all of us poor kids realized that we outnumbered the rich kids and started mocking them. I specifically remember a girl saying "What's next, a UFO drops you off at college?" to raucous laughter from the entire lunchroom. Suddenly it was open season on them and stuff like Abercrombie and Fitch shirts and finished basements became things to mock.

I mean kinda yeah, except my school involved a lot of kids assaulting each other. It wasn't uncommon to see an ambulance rocking up because of something. At one stage a kid got thrown through a (closed) window from the second floor because he mouthed off to someone.

I was probably as bad as everyone else, and like everyone else I'd like to believe I wasn't. I was the first weirdo to actually go to a dude that was harassing the poo poo out of me and talk through stuff and we both agreed we didn't want the last year of high school to be done worrying we were gonna get jumped or stabbed. He turned out to be an alright dude, and this was after I got punched repeatedly in the face and I kind of placed his head on a metal bike rack.

Kids loving suck, especially when you're at a school that looks the other way because they openly acknowledge most of you will end up nowhere, or dead.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Bit of both. Was the big guy for most of school but also the smart nerd with major depression.

Probably should have punched a few more people who deserved it.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
both

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Bullied a bit in middle school, but not heavily, and said bully wasn't very good at it, if that makes sense.

It pretty much ended when he spooked me from behind, and I (regrettably) kind of flipped out, grabbed his hoodie (he'd turned to gloat to his friends) and yanked him to the ground. He got up and it almost turned into a fight, but I was friends with the biggest kid in our grade whose hobby was weightlifting, and he just kind of came up and loomed, and bully backed off. There were a couple of attempts after that, but otherwise it just died off completely, I couldn't take him seriously anymore.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I was a big billy. I stuffed kids into rubbish containers and bins all day long then would enjoy a long drag on a spliff with the chaps

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I was a big billy. I stuffed kids into rubbish containers and bins all day long then would enjoy a long drag on a spliff with the chaps

m8

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Knightsbridge was a tough neighborhood for me and the lads

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i was too quiet and strange to be bullied i think

i'm not sure that makes sense but i did sort of skate by somehow. or i was just lucky and went to school with relatively nice people

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
In fourth grade a kid called me fat and I sucker punched his rear end straight off the desk he was sitting on and my parents took me to a Mexican restaurant for dinner.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
There wasn't really much bullying, students didn't interact with others outside their caste. Just different levels of snobbery.

Obviously I was in the Greg Caste

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Neither, i had social skills and actual friends and avoided that dumpster fire

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I did bully a kid in middle school over MSN so hard his mom emailed me to stop.

In high school I was funny so most people didn't mind my company. Hung out with nerds and would go to parties with the punk/metalhead/stoner crowd.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Extra Large Marge posted:

Obviously I was in the Greg Caste

Welcome to YOSPOS

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
I still cant grasp the concept, in my school we had neither - and we went hardcore on warhams nd DnD, played it openly inbetween lessons and never got bullied cause we didnt have bullies.
Also we didnt bully anyone back. the entire thing was nonexistant to us.

Then again, this was central Europe highschool level.

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

I loving pounded some nerds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

ROLEX VISION posted:

. i was rly depressed and sleep deprived back in my school days and i was always dissociating at school. i still do.

same

same lol

except i got bullied for being new kid fat kid all the time