Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under
I stood up to a bully once, I was 10. He wasn't a good one or even a professional one, he was just popular at school.
I looked like a dick, shying away from a lame punch to the face and tried to grab his hand. As soon as that happened a teacher descended and grabbed us both.
The questioning was bizarre, I was asked "How do you think that makes him feel?"
"Maybe bad?"
"YOU BET IT DID"
The popular little fuckwit from the rich family felt nothing.
Shrugged it off, with big bro in the same school looking out for him and is probably a C-suite retiree.

Be a bully kids, one day you'll be President. You won't be happy, you may poo poo yourself daily, but you'll be President.
Like Tumpr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i wouldn't say i was bullied but i was a bit of an outcast in school i suppose. because i was alternative, or a "goff" as people used to call us in the early 00's in scotland. which is funny cos i'd wear like jnco jeans and a blink 182 t-shirt or something on non uniform days and still be classed as a "goff" because the only alternative music that really had any mainstream success here at the time was marilyn manson and slipknot and poo poo like that.

my guidance teacher once said to my mum she thought the music i listened to was "warping my mind" and my mum was like, "lol shut up you idiot"

i only had a couple of friends in my high school but loads that went to the other high school about 2 miles away. all my skater bros and stuff and also my best friend who lived in the same street as me that i'd known since we were kids. i also had a long term girlfriend and could say "i have a gf but you wouldn't know her she goes to another school" and not be lying which is kind of funny.

anyway i dropped out of school and went to college at 16 to study sound engineering and all my friends being in a different school from me was probably a big part of that.

naem
May 29, 2011

I served in the army national guard for six years to pay for college

several guys from my high school joined at the same time and in an old timey movie where everyone is a stereotype these guys would have been portrayed as mean jocks because maybe they were on the football team once

ended up being some of the nicest most down to earth people you’ve ever met and absorbed me into the cohort immediately

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I got bullied for getting my clothes from walmart. Girls are cruel

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

bullied in grade 9 since my family was imploding and i receded into a life of WoW, and then in grade 10 to 12 i did an about face and became extremely angry at the everything and was mercilessly cruel to anyone i thought i could get away with bullying. and even many that i didn't get away with and it led to fights. which i usually lost because of my size but i kept going because of my tenacity and hatred for the world lol. i am deeply ashamed of my behaviour at that time.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I still cant grasp the concept, in my school we had neither - and we went hardcore on warhams nd DnD, played it openly inbetween lessons and never got bullied cause we didnt have bullies.
Also we didnt bully anyone back. the entire thing was nonexistant to us.

Then again, this was central Europe highschool level.

When I was bullied, some of the tough kids who were also kind of nerds invited me over to play warhammer and then my biggest bully came out of a cupboard and they beat the poo poo out of me with my own citadel carry case but then we wondered the streets just hanging out and it was kind of chill and nice.

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

We were somewhere around the Living Hive, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

I had pretty severe untreated anxiety and depression as a kid from trauma so as a result i never really "fit in." I was bullied in elementary and middle school, invisible in high school, and only really started making real friends in college. Fortunately I ended up a pretty well-adjusted adult.

I'd like to think my life is better now but I'm still posting here on SA so really who's to say

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

syntaxfunction posted:

The lines kind of blur when you go to really lovely schools. My school was kind of a free for all, and I don't think any of us were victims or perpetrators, we were all pretty guilty of being pieces of poo poo.

Yeah, I went to a small school so there weren't really distinct cliques or anything, it was just a circular firing squad of kids being lovely to each other. Eventually people kind of got used to everyone and things settled down by the end of high school but middle school was hell.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

syntaxfunction posted:

The lines kind of blur when you go to really lovely schools. My school was kind of a free for all, and I don't think any of us were victims or perpetrators, we were all pretty guilty of being pieces of poo poo.

I remember getting bullied for being poor by kids that were just as poor as me, getting bullied for having bad fashion when everyone in elementary school is dressed like a joke.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I was a bully and every one of those nerds deserved it.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i was bullied and i mostly would just immediately take it out on someone else so i was both op

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
i was bullied a lot in middle and high school but by the end of high school we were bullying the people who had previously bullied us via petty vandalism. i eventually grew into a real human being and now I get along with everyone and only bully conservatives who deserve it

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I stopped getting bullied in 6th grade or so when I became taller than everyone else pretty quickly.

Before then I caught a lot of poo poo for being a boy that didn't like sports.

Jokes on them, now I'm fat.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I got beat up a lot until everyone found out about my huge dillz and I was the one doing the beatings after that. :smuggo:

But no, I was harassed relentlessly.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

sigher posted:

I got beat up a lot until everyone found out about my huge dillz and I was the one doing the beatings after that. :smuggo:

But no, I was harassed relentlessly.

i didn't know i had a big dick until i was like 25. having known that in high school definitely would have led to my total destruction

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
This is more my brother's story, but he became an enemy of some of his former friends once they realised he could actually skate and they got weird and jealous. The used to phone my very Scottish house in Scotland and make threats like "hey ese, we gonna cut you homes, don't you know I'm loco?!?" and we'd have to say things like "gently caress off, Michael, you live in ***** and my mum gave you a lift home from Boys Brigade"

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I post on an internet forum with an account that's almost old enough to vote so take a guess

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

In posting from the inside of a trash can

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Dixville posted:

I got bullied for getting my clothes from walmart.

Same and then when I finally got a Champion sweatshirt it was the wrong color :(

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

In posting from the inside of a trash can

lol

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

I got bullied by my teacher for some reason, always called me "fat piece of poo poo". As I was, like 8-9 years old, I think that was a little harsh.

naem
May 29, 2011

Haramstufe Rot posted:

I got bullied by my teacher for some reason, always called me "fat piece of poo poo". As I was, like 8-9 years old, I think that was a little harsh.

I got this in first grade from a crazy person who screamed at children, who insisted I get an IQ test and my parents called her bluff and turns out I was over 140

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

naem posted:

I got this in first grade from a crazy person who screamed at children, who insisted I get an IQ test and my parents called her bluff and turns out I was over 140

owned

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

that teacher got into a fight with some cool dude who was a refugee from Kosovo, who was in our class but was also probably like 16 years old.
After teacher goes off on this kid, next hour like fifty people are in the yard, the whole family and friends, armed.

90's school in Europe was wild
wish I'd remember more of it but I fell on my head and broke my neck at some point

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Middle school and high school. Actually elementary too because I was harassed and jumped by a guy a grade down but held back in fifth grade who clearly had mental issues. Nothing happened because I’d be in trouble if I told (and frankly as a masc person AFAB it was more just typical young boys rolling around and shoving). It was mainly verbal after that because I was inherently strange to people - even as far back as age 5. Undiagnosed and untreated autism and ADHD does that, as well as weird dress sense and a total rejection of gender roles. Definitely heard slurs. Hung out with the worst losers in high school: World of Darkness LARPers, lol

One day in junior or senior year a classmate who rode the same bus (I constantly had paper tossed at me) was being stalked by a teen from a different school. Said teen showed up to the buses, easily had 50 lbs and six inches on most of us. The cowardly bus driver told me, the resident teacher’s toady, to ask for help on the next bus because ours didn’t have a radio to call other buses/dispatch (this was pre-cell phones). Teen starts talking at me and slaps the back of my head. I don’t really have fight or flight it turns out, I just reject reality, so I kept on to the next bus as I’d been told.

No one messed with me after that. It didn’t click at the time, but I think people saw me not flinch and realized “oh poo poo, they’re loving CRAZY.” The bully who was there for someone else even backed off that day.

I don’t recommend living through all that, I wish I could have had peers who respected me. Instead I cultivated a really awful attitude and just tried to be unpleasant as possible to be around, something I’ve only managed to undo in the past decade. I do have friends and peers now, all weirdos like me. :unsmith:

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

Bullied pretty much from grades 4-12. Bullied at home by abusive parents. But, I did learn how not to draw attention to myself, do things that made me a target for ridicule, and generally grew to be okay socially by the time I became a young adult. There were some issues but I like to think I have a firm grasp of them now.

I also ridiculed people when I could, so I am not a victim either.

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
I took some poo poo here and there, but nothing too extreme. I generally didn't spread it around. I was a decent athlete so that helped in middle and high school. My attitude then was similar to what it is now: there's enough poo poo people have to deal with without me adding to it

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Dixville posted:

I got bullied for getting my clothes from walmart. Girls are cruel

They are
It's atrocious how mean adolescent girls are, I was bullied some but mostly just ostracized except I always had one incredibly close friend who meant everything to me.

What blows my mind is once I picked on a girl who was lower on the ?social scale than me, maybe this was 7th grade, dunno.

To this day it's an absolute mystery to me and I writhe in shame in my mind. It wasn't for long thank God and at the end she very eloquently called me out on it; the shame started then. To this day I don't know where it came from, I'm not that person, I can see her face. I think her name was Kim

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I said mean things to her after being friendly to her at 1st that was the extent of it but it was cruel

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
did anyone go to some kinda bizzaro highschool like where the chess club guys were all getting laid all the time and like when they saw guys on the football team in the hall would knock the football out of their hands and call them two-eyes or something? lol can you imagine that?

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

that would be pretty funny lol

"what's up muscles? gonna go play some fuckin' football you big athlete?"

*jock starts crying, everyone laughs, rolls to high five*

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I was the slut

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

our high school slut was called elaine and there was a rumour she would take it up the bum

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I had this book in high school and I was astounded at the specificity of “short guy with small head who drives big car” because we had a kid who fit that description exactly, and resembled that drawing. He didn’t talk to anyone, I never knew his name, he wasn’t even in the yearbook but he drove like a huge Impala or similar late model land boat.

I was a quiet dork but I towered over other kids which probably helped me not be a target.

Ralph Hurley fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jan 13, 2023

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I don't remember being bullied too bad, just the usual teasing because I was fat, wore glasses, and had weird tics because of Tourette's

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Nooner posted:

did anyone go to some kinda bizzaro highschool like where the chess club guys were all getting laid all the time and like when they saw guys on the football team in the hall would knock the football out of their hands and call them two-eyes or something? lol can you imagine that?

My high school didn’t have a football team because the founder’s son died in a football accident in like 1901 or something

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
We made the hardcore Christian fundie girl cry multiple times by deliberately and aggressively challenging her views in RE lessons. She was well known at school for refusing to stay in any science lesson about a subject that couldn't be reconciled with young-Earth creationism. Her dad was known locally for being a crazy man standing on the streetcorner wearing robes & barefoot preaching loudly at passers-by. Proper calls for forced conversion of heathens and heralding outright apocalyptic stuff in circa 2000 suburban England.

It was ~20 years ago now, but I can still remember our favourite incident when we described abortion as "a quick and voluntary medical procedure to remove a potentially dangerous parasite" and she just completely lost her poo poo.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I was extremely tall and very thin with no athletic ability so I was a natural target

Then I met my current group of friends who were all juvenile delinquents and that changed pretty quick

Kinda hard to bully someone when the whole crew rolls up!

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Nooner posted:

All of our best football players (like head and shoulders above the others) were in the band, so when the team was losing we would threaten to send the band in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

I went to an inner city school that was incredibly rough in wilmington deleware in elementary and middle school. I had to fight a lot. It was just a bunch of desperately poor people just mashing because there were not a lot of resources and bad home lives so we took it out on each other.

in seventh grade I moved to upstate new york to a wealthy school

I ended up playing sports and they tried bullying me at first but I was real quick to fight anyone and most of them were not ready for someone that actually knew how to fight. People ended up leaving me alone.

I was pretty popular because I would go back to deleware and bring back drugs from the city and sell them in school. I was invited to all the parties. I also worked in restaurants so I had access to alcohol and money. I had a tough homelife and I had untreated mental health issues that led me to abuse opiates.

In eleventh grade I got kicked out.

Little did they know the whole time I was playing video games, watching cartoons, playing MTG, and being a huge nerd undercover. I also beat up people that bullied my friends.

I ended up my senior year at a school more my speed. There was a fight between two girsl that everyone in the senior class got together and went to a trailer park to go watch. It was epic. We all drank beers and watched these two girls beat eachother.