Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Slugworth posted:

I'm watching a documentary about a guy who killed his sister and planned on killing his parents, and they still love him and visit him in prison, and I think maybe having kids isn't for me.

Hormones are a helluva drug my guy

Abongination posted:

It's super rewarding watching them grow and develop OP, possibly the most rewarding thing ever :3:

Idk dude that is definitely fun but then they have to like get a job, not afford a house, not retire ever and we have to explain what affordable healthy food was through videos on tiktok, the kid part seems fun though, i can dig that.

Taima fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jan 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I'll have kids when I hear affirmative and informed agreement from my balls and partner's ovaries. Forcing sentience without prior consent is a hell of a lovely thing to do in tyool 2023.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
My four year old won't sleep because he's completing an 8+ LEGO set and he whined about doing this on the whole way down to the beach house. His mom and I are brushing off most requests for help and he is muscling through on his own just fine. Someday I hope that he will be able to build communism.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

kntfkr posted:

My four year old won't sleep because he's completing an 8+ LEGO set and he whined about doing this on the whole way down to the beach house. His mom and I are brushing off most requests for help and he is muscling through on his own just fine. Someday I hope that he will be able to build communism.

lol

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
I assume I'm gonna be a single parent due to my consistent below average luck throughout my lifetime. Until childcare alone doesn't nuke a quarter of my income before any other bills are paid, ain't no kids being had. Anglosphere countries have hosed childcare into a rent seeking operation that extorts the 9-5 wage slaves who have no choice, only for themselves to be extorted out of business by an out of control insurance industry (at least where I live, insurance has almost nuked the nighttime industry out of existence at this point).

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

School Nickname posted:

I assume I'm gonna be a single parent due to my consistent below average luck throughout my lifetime. Until childcare alone doesn't nuke a quarter of my income before any other bills are paid, ain't no kids being had. Anglosphere countries have hosed childcare into a rent seeking operation that extorts the 9-5 wage slaves who have no choice, only for themselves to be extorted out of business by an out of control insurance industry (at least where I live, insurance has almost nuked the nighttime industry out of existence at this point).

Have you tried nuking society to give it a taste of it's own medicine?

99grind
Jan 19, 2023

Techno

School Nickname posted:

I think the real answer is that most people can’t afford to have kids. Add $20k yearly to your salary and none of what you posted would be an issue.

Not blaming you, because I respect the fact that you realize this and don’t procreate, but a lot of people refuse to accept this and keep pushing out babies.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

kntfkr posted:

Are you the new bean dad?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

N. Senada posted:

Are you the new bean dad?

No. Don't call me dad. I'm Captain Farty.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Our kids keep yelling and making GBS threads like extra good cats. It's awesome. The hospital bill was ludicrous but eh, we already had to pay for a bunch of hospital bills before that and simply did not. What is a credit score but damned yankee numbers? I have a cool rear end wife and cool little girls. It is all worth it.

Eventually someone will have a health problem I guess, at which point, in the word's of Lin-Manuel Miranda's Marquis de Lafayette, we're going back to France.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

N. Senada posted:

The answer was you may need their organs. How did no one get this?

Not sure my personal survival is worth all that. Otherwise I wouldn't do all the dumb and dangerous things that I do

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
When you have kids it’s get to do

Because they will be your replacement parts

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
Lotta people itt saying how cool their young children are, not a lot of people talking about how lovely their adult children turned out to be.

Makes u think.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I guess nobody wants to one-up the guy who said having kids ruined his life

Dystopia Barbarian
Dec 25, 2022

by vyelkin

Smugworth posted:

I guess nobody wants to one-up the guy who said having kids ruined his life
Lol how would we even do that?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

ddiddles posted:

Lotta people itt saying how cool their young children are, not a lot of people talking about how lovely their adult children turned out to be.

Makes u think.
Everyone with adult children have been murdered by those children, so they can't post.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
You can't slag off the adult ones or you end up in the state run nursing facility

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Dystopia Barbarian posted:

Lol how would we even do that?

Ghenkis Khan's mom posting through a time machine

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I

Slugworth posted:

Everyone with adult children have been murdered by those children, so they can't post.

:hmmrona:

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Going to see my nephew who was born yesterday today. His dad and I are both history nerds, so by the time he’s old enough to play with them he’s going to have enough Civil War army men to recreate the battle of Anteitam.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Szyznyk posted:

Going to see my nephew who was born yesterday today. His dad and I are both history nerds, so by the time he’s old enough to play with them he’s going to have enough Civil War army men to recreate the battle of Anteitam.

Heck yeah, being an uncle is awesome! :hfive:

SmallFormatBlues
Aug 12, 2022
Having kids isn’t for everyone. Having cats and dogs isn’t for everyone. Human interaction isn’t for everyone either. Three kids, 13,6 and 5. Youngest was born with ambiguous genitalia, which lemme say, is a whole huge thing to break off and mull over, especially when you’ve lived your life as a lecherous, scummy sales person with little thought to the issues of sex and gender. I don’t even know how the hell I didn’t low tax myself after spending two months sleeping on a small
Couch in his nicu room until a room in the Ronald
McDonald house opened up. You roam the halls, trying to clear your thoughts, and say things like how could this be, how could this happen. Then you meet parents that would literally cut their hearts out on the spot to have an alive infant, regardless of condition/health. Rinse wash and repeat that process several times. Why have kids? Not for everyone for sure. Loving maybe, just loving maybe, the world won’t be such a horrid terrible place if you can at least put a couple
Humans on the right path. Ain’t no hope for me, I’ll be a scumbag probably until death. But maybe there’s some hope that these kids won’t be as awful. Also if you hate having money. Or hair. Or nice furniture. Those are good reasons to have kids too. If you’ve ever been curious what milk smells like in a $50k vehicle after it’s been spilled months ago. Stuff like that.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

The answer is puke. The milk spilled in my Pilot smells like puke.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
Now that I have a kid they can't kick me out of the kickin rad splash area in the big park on the Charles river

Ok truth be told it's super cute that after splashing and drying off she wants to hit up the Ice cream truck for some frozen treats

SmallFormatBlues
Aug 12, 2022

Szyznyk posted:

The answer is puke. The milk spilled in my Pilot smells like puke.

Always go with leather is what I’ve learned. But the smell never goes away really. When doing used car shopping, my nose knows it there. I talked the price of the van down some because of this fact. They thought their detail crew was able to hide that from me, the arrogant fools.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

My six year old described solipsism to me unprompted, so if I helped make a philosopher I did good.

Also

Arrhythmia posted:

I'm not going to read 10 pages of this GBS thread to find out if someone already said it, but because raw dogging it with your wife feels good OP.