Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
My brain is broke b/c I don’t understand why people want to have bio kids. I love kids, I volunteer to help kids, and i want to help them become successful people.

But I just want to foster and adopt. The idea have having bio kids just doesn’t land

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I mean, obviously there's some sort of pheromone that gives people maternal/paternal instinct, or else humanity would have died out long ago. However, whatever it is, I didn't get it.

Also, everything I learn about pregnancy, childbirth, and childrearing seems disgusting, painful, and not worth it. Cracked nipples, perineal tears, morning sickness, post-partum depression, cravings, aversions...

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

if the world collapses you can eat them. Other than that they are kinda cool to have around.

PS. keep your kids freerange...they are less stringy.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Sounds like you aren't contributing to creating the consumer of tomorrow!

Demon Lord
Jun 8, 2003
ex nihil, ex omni, ad infinitum
We need someone to pay for our retirement plans, obviously.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
That’s what other peoples kids are for

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

been tryin to have kids since I was 17 and have failed every single time :smug:

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
None of the religions explain it, OP, but you can only respawn as a direct descendant.

euthy
Sep 26, 2007

May you and your family live without suffering, but for the rest... Thanks for not breeding VHEMT
Grimey Drawer
Voluntary human extinction rules

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
already posted about how much having kids is ftw recently op. not doing it again, you can comb thru my post hisrtoy if you wish

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I'm an only child, my dad was an only child and I have existentially felt a pressure to continue my genetic line since I was a little kid OP. It's biological imperative.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

YeahTubaMike posted:

'Cracked nipples, perineal tears, morning sickness, post-partum depression, cravings, aversions...'

Yeah but wait till you get to the bad stuff!

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
1) Its a selfish human need

2) Those same humans have run out of reasons to live for

3) Its a real base human need, but that need is very retro and farm hand having

4) Having a child in the the last 20 years is insane, climate denial at worst, not understanding the current or future workforce at worst. also

You hade a good easy time, bitch? Your creating a life from day one to do this poo poo you did? gently caress YOU

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

You can teach your kid how to be a bruiser and then send him after your posting enemies

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
i will say this tho: most people who have kids don't get it either. this is because htey're garbage parents (and maybe people??/), and will in all likelihood raise garbage children. and thusly teh cycle continues

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Hard to pick anything more selfish and foul that having a child.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
My parents obviously had no idea what they were doing and really only cared about themselves anyway. They set me up to barely be able to take care of myself, let alone anyone else, so if they expect kids from me they can go gently caress themselves.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i will say this tho: most people who have kids don't get it either. this is because htey're garbage parents (and maybe people??/), and will in all likelihood raise garbage children. and thusly teh cycle continues

actually this. Every time I get my son I am so freaking happy.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

YeahTubaMike posted:

I mean, obviously there's some sort of pheromone that gives people maternal/paternal instinct, or else humanity would have died out long ago. However, whatever it is, I didn't get it.

Also, everything I learn about pregnancy, childbirth, and childrearing seems disgusting, painful, and not worth it. Cracked nipples, perineal tears, morning sickness, post-partum depression, cravings, aversions...

I feel maternal defense for any creature that trusts me, but I'm only willing to take a bullet for them. Not slowly destroy my body over 9 months to leave damage for the rest of my life.

I could die of radiation faster than that.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
loved when my exwife was pregnmant with our first and all the bitter old dudes would joyfully chide like "ohoho now your life is really over! prepared for 18 years of misery??? haha but seriously i love my kids" like bruh :dafuq:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

ManBoyChef posted:

actually this. Every time I get my son I am so freaking happy.

yup.

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

already posted about how much having kids is ftw recently op. not doing it again, you can comb thru my post hisrtoy if you wish

I don't have post history access, you could get probed whilst explaining why?

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Did you birth a child just so they could see sun rises and enjoy what an elephant is?
Maybe go to Japan?

Because thats maybe 10% of life and you know that

lolman
Jan 7, 2023

a real newbie
why not?

McJuicy
May 9, 2008
Because my wife can't play Mario Party for poo poo.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Or were you mortgaged in, a mortgage one of the big steps. You did it, no more holidays

I'm loving bored..what next...

Lets create life.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

nice loving find bro

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I have nothing against kids, but I doubt I'll willingly have any as I know if they come out with down syndrome or some other bad impairment I will resent them.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I get accidental pregnancy and a value system of keeping that child, but to PLAN to have a kid?

Lunacy, you can literally go get kids without all the miss and fuss of tearing your vag

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Its so loving sick

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I just can't stop bustin

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
The sleep deprivation is no fun, ngl, but then they do really cool stuff and you instantly forget the less-cool times. Like, my daughter said her first word the other day: “boom.” So overall it’s been pretty great :buddy:

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I also fear that if I had kids that I fell in love with they would just end up getting leukemia or some other cruel disease and their deaths would destroy me.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

If you don't have bio kids, then good luck finding a compatible host for your consciousness as your old shriveled body lays dying

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSC0XOc5v5M&t=110s

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Colonel Cancer posted:

Sounds like you aren't contributing to creating the consumer of tomorrow!

Yeah, but not creating a consumer of tomorrow let's me be a better consumer for today.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I thinking of having a child.

Man, all the jobs it could have!

No, I didin't think how it could express itself and maybe use that as some form of future living.

I cant afford that poo poo. Music lessons!?

Definitely cant afford Univerisity.

Guess it will just do some poo poo like I did.
'
How good is creating life.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Vakal posted:

I also fear that if I had kids that I fell in love with they would just end up getting leukemia or some other cruel disease and their deaths would destroy me.

I mostly worry about hypothetical gun stuff and automobile accidents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
*extremely piss creep-ishly*

crotch spawn