Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
If youre "doctor" is in overalls and is holding a mop and bucket you dont have to let them touch your dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
He's even got a privacy wall with a tiny hole, he's legit

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Piss Creep posted:

If youre "doctor" is in overalls and is holding a mop and bucket you dont have to let them touch your dick

You don't have to...

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

Piss Creep posted:

Now you tell me

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

womb with a view posted:

What do you think about modern views of adoption? Traditionally it was kind of seen as being some sort of saviour, helping out kids in need (who would automatically become your kids with no ties to their past). The narrative seems to have shifted a lot since then and encompasses far more complexity on what exactly one's role is as an adoptive parent.

It is definitely miles better than it used to be, at least from the classes we have to take as part of the process have showed us how many issues with adoption in the last several decades have led to issues as the child grows up and struggles with identity. Also, things are more complicated in our process as it is an intercountry adoption. I don’t feel comfortable talking too much about it in this thread but if you or anyone wants to PM I am happy to discuss. Since going through the process and seeing how society reacts I feel compelled to advocate for adoption and I apologize for trying to proselytize in this thread!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Just used science to look at kid

The lady was very helpful with labeling things.

Then the doctor gave my wife a bottle of sugar water to drink (nobe offered to me, misandry much??)and now we gotta sit around for an hour. Having kids is hella boring

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
They are very high tech action figures you can teach to swear.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Extra row of tits posted:

They are very high tech action figures you can teach to swear.

You're describing a Parrot.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
My children will be artists, self sufficient from their craft.

Not doing anything about making this happen.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
My son, to you I gift Internal Sales.

My daughter, also Internal Sales, and also monitoring online accounts

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Nooner posted:

Then the doctor gave my wife a bottle of sugar water to drink (nobe offered to me, misandry much??)and now we gotta sit around for an hour. Having kids is hella boring

Did you high five the baby?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

Nooner posted:

Hand

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Horrifying

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

Outrail posted:

You're describing a Parrot.

My friend has a baby named Polly, so this tracks.

A Tasteful Nude
Jun 3, 2013

A cool anime hagrid pic (imagine nude pls)
Picture, if you will, a GBS poster in approx 2004 registering his newborn a forums account to ensure the legacy of a primo regdate for his beloved child

It’s the circle, of posts

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I wish my parents were that thoughtful

Instead all I got was my education and first house completely paid for

hosed up priorities imo

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Piss Creep posted:

obviously you're not American, because this is only what's available in my healthcare provider network

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

A Tasteful Nude posted:

Picture, if you will, a GBS poster in approx 2004 registering his newborn a forums account to ensure the legacy of a primo regdate for his beloved child

It’s the circle, of posts

Leave your account for your child as inheritance

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The parenting thread is one of the most interesting/funny threads on the forum. Ok, maybe not, but it's very :3:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Big Scary Owl posted:

Leave your account for your child as inheritance

Account sharing is a bannable offense

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
I believe that bringing a sentient being into existence is akin to playing god. I personally believe I have no moral authority to do so, and as soon as I can convince a government authority that I'm delinquent enough to get a vasectomy I'll jump on the opportunity.

A Tasteful Nude
Jun 3, 2013

A cool anime hagrid pic (imagine nude pls)

Beartaco posted:

I believe that bringing a sentient being into existence is akin to playing god. I personally believe I have no moral authority to do so…

spit in the eye of feeble human “moralities” by beckoning a sentient sin out of the void, compelling unfeeling nothing to reform in your image and thereby rendering the abyss lidless - forced to obey your incomprehensible, inescapable commands: “perceive. consume. EXIST.”

basically when the condom breaks, that’s lowkey metal AF black sorcery

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Outrail posted:

Well yes, if you view everything from a human-centric lens then yeah.

absolutely and basically unapologetically yes.

That is, we share the planet and actually we've done an awful job of that and should have built space communism instead of capitalism and learned to live with all the animals in peace and harmony and I believe animals feel pain and fear and deserve empathy and to exist outside of bondage

but

poo poo like VEHEMENT trying to build a human free world for the benefit of animals? yeah gently caress that, sounds like psychotic doomer cult poo poo to me

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
One moral view of the world could stipulate that all we should care about are the (collective) well-beings of anything with a conscious experience. We are unlikely to know, but it’s plausible that the greater good ultimately lies in the flourishing of non-human animals even if that means less human animals.

Anthropocentricity is a bias like any other.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Halisnacks posted:

One moral view of the world could stipulate that all we should care about are the (collective) well-beings of anything with a conscious experience. We are unlikely to know, but it’s plausible that the greater good ultimately lies in the flourishing of non-human animals even if that means less human animals.

Anthropocentricity is a bias like any other.

what is the "greater good"

yes, I'm biased by my particular perspective, I'm not a bodhisattva lol I'm just a loving redneck

e: LESS human animals is fine with me and also seems completely inevitable at this point and it's a very very different thing than actively trying to drive human extinction.

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jan 21, 2023

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I'm not going to read 10 pages of this GBS thread to find out if someone already said it, but because raw dogging it with your wife feels good OP.

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009

Cabbages and Kings posted:

what is the "greater good"

I dunno, and it’s possible human animals’ conscious experiences are capable of higher planes of being that we should value more than that of non-human animals. But it’s different to say we know that than we feel/believe it (the latter being an anthropocentric bias) and inform our worldview accordingly.

If you believe that human-caused climate chaos is going to make the world uninhabitable for conscious creatures of all sorts, a mass human extinction event sooner could preferable a total (human and non-human) animal extinction event later. Unless we think that two human lives in, I dunno, the year 2200, are more valuable than a human life + a cat life in, say, 2400.

The real doomerist position is to say that human population expansion is undeniable, human-caused climate change is unstoppable, and we are destined to grow until we and the world fall of a cliff edge. The less doomerist position is to say a human population (and economic) degrowth platform is plausible, and ecological salvation is achievable.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Cabbages and Kings posted:

absolutely and basically unapologetically yes.

That is, we share the planet and actually we've done an awful job of that and should have built space communism instead of capitalism and learned to live with all the animals in peace and harmony and I believe animals feel pain and fear and deserve empathy and to exist outside of bondage

but

poo poo like VEHEMENT trying to build a human free world for the benefit of animals? yeah gently caress that, sounds like psychotic doomer cult poo poo to me

Sounds like your argument is humans are the only main characters, without whom existence is meaningless because other living organisms are just NPCs.

99grind
Jan 19, 2023

Techno

Arrhythmia posted:

I'm not going to read 10 pages of this GBS thread to find out if someone already said it, but because raw dogging it with your wife feels good OP.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i will have ten children with three different women and they will all be my slaves.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Arrhythmia posted:

Well yeah, who doesn't love raw dogging it with your wife?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Because I need something to boss around and the local shelter won't let me adopt any animals.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Outrail posted:

Well yeah, who doesn't love raw dogging it with your wife?

:hmmyes:

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Nooner posted:

I'm no ultrasound expert, but your child appears to have moon head.

My condolences.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
It's super rewarding watching them grow and develop OP, possibly the most rewarding thing ever :3:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Abongination posted:

It's super rewarding watching them grow and develop OP, possibly the most rewarding thing ever :3:

Sounds like you've never won a round of Fortnite :smuggo:

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Abongination posted:

I don't know man, I've heard that Yellowstone show is pretty good.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

if you're the sort of person who gets a charge out of pretty vocally being dismissive of other people's dumb behaviors with F-bombs spoken to small children but also have the common decency and sense not to say poo poo like that to other peoples' kids, then having your own as a buddy when you are, say, critiquing the illegal parking jobs of in-earshot out-of-state cars at Ski Hole, is a nice little bonus

if you're the sort of person who'd have kids just to do poo poo like that, don't, there are cheaper ways to troll people who like to disobey lane-guidance signs in places where it's a serious risk to them (who cares) and others (this is the problem)

Abongination posted:

I have made Mythic exactly one season in Magic: Arena. I'm gonna say the jury is still out on this.

That is, my kids are a lot more rewarding than knowing I made mythic grinding a very well positioned deck, but if I can ever do it with a home brew that features Horizon Chimera, that might be such a different feeling that I'd have to re-evaluate.

You know who has time for kids, and making mythic with loving brews? John Darnielle. Yes, that John Darnielle https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/bonus-jank-to-mythic-with-the-goat-john-darnielle/id1488872714?i=1000512930332

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jan 22, 2023

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

I'm watching a documentary about a guy who killed his sister and planned on killing his parents, and they still love him and visit him in prison, and I think maybe having kids isn't for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Slugworth posted:

I'm watching a documentary about a guy who killed his sister and planned on killing his parents, and they still love him and visit him in prison, and I think maybe having kids isn't for me.

Sounds like some kind of toxoplasmosis type thing. Are you sure he isn't a cat?