Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
i just threw up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

gently caress yes I’m Fully sick and pwning noobs bitxh

The doctor said the proper term is ‘mentally ill’ but he a ruddy Duffy

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I'm in the tub

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Only thing sick about me is my skateboard skillz brah

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Only thing sick about me is my skateboard skillz brah

I think about the poo poo I did on a board as a kid and imagine trying to do it now and if I concentrate I can feel my soul beginning to lift up out of my body

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i got real sick the week before Christmas and wound up in the hospital on Christmas day. i still have 3 weeks of antibiotics left but they got me out of there after a few days

thankfully I'm down to just a low fever and not horrible abdominal pain :w00t: but i have three separate spigots adorning my body now which is pretty lame and makes showering hard

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

when I was first diagnosed with type 1 diabetes I was in the ICU for a week and they had so many spigots in me that they taped over one on my hand and everybody forgot it was there until days later my doc was doing his rounds and was unwrapping all my poo poo and found it

I have never seen a doctor angrier in my life and cannot imagine the absolute reaming people got

glad you're doing better Aard

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

my throat feels like i smoked a pack of reds

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

when I was first diagnosed with type 1 diabetes I was in the ICU for a week and they had so many spigots in me that they taped over one on my hand and everybody forgot it was there until days later my doc was doing his rounds and was unwrapping all my poo poo and found it

I have never seen a doctor angrier in my life and cannot imagine the absolute reaming people got

glad you're doing better Aard

that's wild and ty

fell asleep before 9pm again last night :w00t:

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

I lost my sense of taste and smell and I can’t remember where I put them :(

I’ve been COVID sick all week

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I'm sick again :(

I can't even remember the last time I got sick twice in one year, it was probably when I was teenager and at least one of the illnesses was probably me just wanting to skip school. And now here I am sick for the second time in a little over a month.

I felt like I had a baseball lodged in my throat when I woke up and around 7 PM tonight it was like somebody (god, probably :argh:) threw a switch to turn on nighttime super sick and now I feel like a walking corpse. Runny nose, chest congestion, a chill that may explode into a fever overnight, that's usually what happens when I feel this way. Coughing so hard I'm retching. Thankfully I haven't vomited because I'm a type 1 diabetic and if that happens and I don't get it under control quickly it's off to the hospital. I live in the US, of course.

My wife is a teacher, it is normal for plague to join us in the home. It is not normal for me to be susceptible to these plagues. On the bright side, she's doing better today than she was over the weekend. And my cat has been sticking to me like glue, I crawled into the shower earlier and he almost came with me. I don't know if he's trying to be supportive or if he's waiting to see if I die. He's a total bro so I'm inclined to think the former but he's also a cat.

Anyway I just wanted to whine so I bumped this thread and I hope anyone else who is sick bounces back quickly.

ILU
WILLIAM HENRY HAIRYTAINT

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
you're welcome

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Get well soon Harry

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Dear Lord God REMOVE this disease from his BODY amen!!!

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i’ve been in bed for 24 hours, sore throat, mild fever, headache, restless. it’s crap OP

i’ve been catching things from my 5 year old quite often the past year, i might need to quarantine him

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
i feel fine right now thanks for asking.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

It's covid :negative:

We dodged this bullet for three years and then bam.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

covid is over op

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I have a cold too

statim
Sep 5, 2003
actively have a racking cough at a 4 day Buddhist retreat in Brasil. Meditation time is becoming embarrassing and there is no pharmacy within walking distance

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
Second day off of work this week. Two negative covid tests, but it feels like the flu.

Get well soon fellow sickos

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

It's covid :negative:

We dodged this bullet for three years and then bam.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Pretty sure my 8 month old brought norovirus home from daycare. I've had bathroom adventures, the kids been doing his best exorcism impression, and the wife made it home from work yesterday before falling apart and barfing too.

I have not vomited, as I have been blessed with that mercy. Thank god.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i haven't even had so much as a cold in at least 6 years. i am invincible, with the immune system of a strong and virile ox. there's probably some disease festering inside me with no symptoms that will send me to an early grave tho.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Only thing sick about me are my moves op

E: lmao I didn’t remember posting the same thing a week ago

BAGS FLY AT NOON fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Feb 21, 2023

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

wonsdeinrng if anyone itt has any methods they know of to avoid getting sick?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

yeah I'm sick op. I'm insane... in the membrain

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

Everybody at work who was sick came back wearing a mask. "I gotta wear this 'cause I was sick."

An ounce of reaction is worth a pound of cure, you know.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

ah you misunderstood. i'm not wearing a mask unless you make me. any other suggesrtiions?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
powerful steroids can mask the body's immune and anti-inflammatory response while making you feel invincible, which is almost the same as not being sick in the first place

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Mozi posted:

powerful steroids can mask the body's immune and anti-inflammatory response while making you feel invincible, which is almost the same as not being sick in the first place

Thanks, now my nose has abs

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
Whole family sick

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

ah you misunderstood. i'm not wearing a mask unless you make me. any other suggesrtiions?

none that I'd share with you

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

olives black posted:

except for this one maybe

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corsi%E2%80%93Rosenthal_Box?wprov=sfti1

the others are against most sites' TOS

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

olives black posted:

Is that guy not joking? Lmbo

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

if you’re sick you just need to feel better, adjust your mindset

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGfM9Dg7zhU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I don’t have covid anymore. I mean, it’s been ten loving days, I assume I don’t have it anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

gov says it's 5 days i think now until the coivd has left your system