Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

going to seattle for a week in feb, looking for some stuff to do, dunno if anyone has been there before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
The underground tour is pretty cool. Also Taste of India kicks rear end and gives you unlimited chai.

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

numberoneposter posted:

going to seattle for a week in feb, looking for some stuff to do, dunno if anyone has been there before

No one goes to Seattle it's p lame tbh. I don't know anyone that lives there or wants to live there

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’ve never been there op

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Seattle is genuinely cool

I haven't been there for 20 years but when I did used to go I would go down to the waterfront, that famous Pike Place Market where they throw fish and poo poo but that whole area is full of little weirdo shops and stuff. I don't know if it's been taken up with just touristy poo poo totally, it wasn't back then.

If you never have taking a ferry is sort of neat, if you are a boat fanatic. The times I liked it is when we were going through seemingly miles of basketball sized jellyfish as far as the eye could see.

The Seattle aquarium was cool it depends what you haven't done.

If at all possible where to go in that area is actually 3 hours west to the ocean to Kalaloch. The Washington and Oregon coasts are incredible if you know where to go

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I heard about a good band from Seattle called nirvana you should check them out op

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

dr frasier crane spent some time living in seattle

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
I went to Seattle for a wedding and it was really fun.

I don't know anything else about the place so my advice is to get invited to a Mexican wedding while you're there.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

numberoneposter posted:

Take the underground tour, then eat 18 donuts at the Pike Place fish market. And if you like planes visit the museum of flight or whatever it's called.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i don’t think anyone has, you can be the mayor on foursquare if you get there first

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Don't bother with the space needle it sucks, do the cool glass museum next door instead

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

There is a scenic walk on third street from pike to cherry that I recommend all tourists take

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
teh company ive worked for for 6 years is headquartered there and ive never been OP

go throw a fish at someone oP

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Seattle doesn't actually exist. It's a giant elaborate hoax put on by the collective Northwest

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i went to Portland last year, pretty much the same thing. was great

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Das Boo posted:

The underground tour is pretty cool. Also Taste of India kicks rear end and gives you unlimited chai.

too expensive. just go to cedars nearby

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

20 Blunts posted:

i went to Portland last year, pretty much the same thing. was great

last time in portland bum asked me for money and i didnt have any and they told me to use teh ATM on the corner and come back

got a good laugh out of that

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I have not been to Seattle and I don't really see it ever happening since I have no reason to, op

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Spinz posted:

Seattle is genuinely cool

I haven't been there for 20 years but when I did used to go I would go down to the waterfront, that famous Pike Place Market where they throw fish and poo poo but that whole area is full of little weirdo shops and stuff. I don't know if it's been taken up with just touristy poo poo totally, it wasn't back then.

If you never have taking a ferry is sort of neat, if you are a boat fanatic. The times I liked it is when we were going through seemingly miles of basketball sized jellyfish as far as the eye could see.

The Seattle aquarium was cool it depends what you haven't done.

If at all possible where to go in that area is actually 3 hours west to the ocean to Kalaloch. The Washington and Oregon coasts are incredible if you know where to go
Pike place loving sucks now, it will take an hour to find a parking spot and it'll be a 45-minute walk through places that get sketchy after dark and everything there cost $10 million

and it's so packed with people that you feel like you're in the middle of a concert crowd no matter where you are in the area

poo poo sucks. used to be really cool.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I like Portland, Maine. You should go there op.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
go hang out on the Ave on a Saturday night and just walk up and down the street 2x and you'll have at least one memory you'll never forget

it's a good 75% chance of being disgusting, like a hammered drunk college kid holding their balance against a pole and puking on it as it runs down like a waterfall before they slump against it in a pool of vomit or terrifying like a homeless guy pulling a knife and chasing after you because you pickpocketed his spiritbut you'll remember that poo poo it's good times lotta fun to be had in the City of poo poo

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
watch out for syringes in grassy areas of parks btw

I'm not kidding or being hyperbolic, the parks are lousy with used syringes

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I heard about a good band from Seattle called nirvana you should check them out op

That's why Kurt killed himself.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Eat at a Taco Time, they're the best fast food Mexican restaurant. Well, "Mexican". If you've been burned by the crappy franchised Taco Times elsewhere give the real ones around Seattle a try. They're much better.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
After a family reunion as a kid, maybe 10 years old; a couple of the families drove down the coast together. A neat little caravan. We stopped and got 2 buckets of steamed clams and picnicked on a cliff-side park. Adults were drinking wine and beer, kids got a few sips, but drank sodas and water. We slurped down clams while seeing this pristine view of the ocean.

The funny part is that my brother made the mistake of traveling with cousins and aunt who was a "health nut". They didn't make the clam feast and instead stopped at a rest stop off the highway and ate tofu sandwiches. They were not good tofu sandwiches.

A good friend had a sailboat there for years, and while I never got a chance to go out with him and friends, he's shared tons of videos of sailing out to the San Juan islands and such. If you're sea friendly definitely try for a day cruise or an overnight trip.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
When I visited a fat dude took a massive poo poo next to my parked car. I discovered this because I opened my hotel blinds and saw him squatting over his fresh masterpiece ; i was staying on the first floor and my car was parked in front of my window.

Concierge was dealing with a bunch of Asian people speaking broken English who were there for some conference. We waited patiently to let him know, he sighed and apologized. We found out later he comped our parking because of it.

We also saw the staff drag the hose out and spray the poo poo into the road.

I’d go to Seattle again.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

N. Senada posted:

When I visited a fat dude took a massive poo poo next to my parked car.

He must have been familiar with your posts :xd:

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
:argh:

drat you!

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
The restaurant Taku is bangin if you want some fried chicken. And uwajimaya is a cool store, way better than Pikes imo. At night there's all sorts of improv and comedy shows and bands all around. Last time we were in the city we stumbled into a comedy show where four comedians did half a set each, then there was an intermission where all the comedians and all the audience smoked a bunch of weed, then they did the second half of their set. It was pretty good if that's your scene.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Saw the space needle when I was a kid
Kinda meh tbh op

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I lived out there for 7 years. Mostly across the lake in Kirkland. I left in 2012 so it's been a long time since I've been there. I absolutely loved it but I heard it's just super expensive and overcrowded now. My rent started going up $100 a year before I left.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

FirstnameLastname posted:

Pike place loving sucks now, it will take an hour to find a parking spot and it'll be a 45-minute walk through places that get sketchy after dark and everything there cost $10 million

and it's so packed with people that you feel like you're in the middle of a concert crowd no matter where you are in the area

poo poo sucks. used to be really cool.

Dammit
I wondered
20 years is like an eon

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I ate a lot of Biscuit Bitch last time I went

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i could see a concorde and a black bird

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jan 13, 2023

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Are you going to try a seattle dog

I thought it was decent.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Spinz posted:

Dammit
I wondered
20 years is like an eon

Seattle is basically flatter San Francisco now when it comes to overcrowding, cost, being full of people from California, etc

has been since I'd say about 2010-12

I was forced by rent costs out of the city, then the area around the city, then the areas around those areas. I'm currently in a house 170mi away in a farmtown that costs as much as my top-floor apt at the wonderbread-sign building did in 2016 (it's just an apartment complex btw, but the Franz bakery hq is across the street, making the entire area reek like gas station pastries, and their dipshit SWIFT truckers clipping everything in the area but especially their own building and fencing lol)

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Are you going to try a seattle dog

I thought it was decent.
is that a hotdog with a geoduck in it?

Genderfluent
Jul 15, 2015

gum wall

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Smugworth posted:

Saw the space needle when I was a kid
Kinda meh tbh op

Why do you hate america

numberoneposter posted:

is that a hotdog with a geoduck in it?

can you even get geoduck in a seattle market or are Americans too cheap for that, poo poo gets crazy money in China

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
wait is geoduck not only a pokemon