Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

gum wall

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Private Cumshoe posted:

can you even get geoduck in a seattle market or are Americans too cheap for that, poo poo gets crazy money in China

many geoduck farms in PNW

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
It’s a clam penis

They named it after the Pokémon

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
i went to seattle for myt buddies bachelor party we drank a lot and smoked a lot of w33d and wentto the seahawk game i dont really remember that much because it was like 4 years ago and also all of all the drinking and the w33d smoking and whatnot

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I think Seattle dogs are the ones with cream cheese

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Nooner posted:

i went to seattle for myt buddies bachelor party we drank a lot and smoked a lot of w33d and wentto the seahawk game i dont really remember that much because it was like 4 years ago and also all of all the drinking and the w33d smoking and whatnot

i like to pronounce weed like "wade"

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Fuligin posted:

too expensive. just go to cedars nearby

I will go to both and like it, drat you!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
If you got a skateboard there are some sick hills to bomb, OP.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Literally A Person posted:

If you got a skateboard there are some sick hills to bomb, OP.
i do have a longboard i kept from highschool

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

numberoneposter posted:

i do have a longboard i kept from highschool

Boom, vacay planned.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
So yeah this is actually a well know scam. Seattle doesn't actually exist, it's just somewhere scammers tell you to go so they can mug you.

What people are told is the exist to the Seattle "airport" is just a back alley in Baltimore.

Anyway everyone else in this thread is apparently in on this scam. Wouldn't trust 'em.

Have a nice time though!

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
if you like whiskey check out this place https://whitehorsetavernseattle.com/

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

I went to seattle before christmas to visit a friend and it was so smokey we couldn't go see any of the surrounding nature like we had initially planned. Ended up spending most of my time bumming around fremont since I didnt have a car

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

gum wall

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I live there op

Its alright. Dont call the cops for any reason smole some dope go to the nearby parks and see nature, maybe develop an opinion or two about trees you didn't have before

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

Pike Place Market is a giant tourist trap, go if you want but it's like a giant hippy flea market where someone also throws fish at you

Space Needle is overrated, don't waste your money. The Chihuly Garden & Glass exhibit by it is loving rad though

Stay the gently caress away from 3rd Ave, lots of drugs and people get shot and stabbed a lot.

Pioneer Square has a bunch to do from shops to drinking, can get sketch at night though so be aware

Capitol Hill is super gay and tons of bars and clubs, it can be fun if you go with people. Julia's on Broadway puts on really well done drag shows. Also the gay bars pour some strong as hell drinks

MoPop (Museum of Pop Culture) is kinda cool, haven't been there in some time

U District (where UW is obviously) skews younger and is pretty busy with lots to do also

Be aware Seattle is expensive, so be ready to pay a bit unless you come from a big city already

Das Boo posted:

The underground tour is pretty cool. Also Taste of India kicks rear end and gives you unlimited chai.

Taste of India YESSSS, they gave me free mango cheesecake when I went because I couldn't stop raving about their food :3

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

It's like Vancouver, but American :barf:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
I'm in Seattle right now. Get Humbow at Mee-Sum pastry in Pike Place. If you want good coffee, Lighthouse Roasters up by the zoo is my recommendation.

You can see the actual Black Hole Sun from the Soundgarden song. It's in Volunteer Park on Capitol Hill. If you make it up there check out the water tower, the Asian Art Museum (I think that's still suggested donation, may have changed) and the conservatory.

Check out the Ballard locks, especially if you have kids. They find it fascinating. A couple blocks away on the Magnolia side is Dirty Couch Brewing. They have good stuff- a lot of weird and experimental brews. Many sours.

Down the way from Dirty Couch is Figurehead Brewing and Fisherman's terminal. Across the tracks from that is the Boxcar, an authentic old Seattle dive.

Vim Fuego fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jan 13, 2023

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

I live in seattle. I know this awesome place with the beat food and cocktails. It’s probably too cool for you though. You really wouldn’t appreciate it.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
If you go to Ballard check out Ballyhoo. It's an underground macabre curio shop. You can buy nudie pin up cards, a dental phantom, and a taxidermied jackalope

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
i smoked a bunch of weed in seattle once

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

bucksmash posted:

Space Needle is overrated, don't waste your money. The Chihuly Garden & Glass exhibit by it is loving rad though

Stay the gently caress away from 3rd Ave, lots of drugs and people get shot and stabbed a lot.

https://twitter.com/3rdAndPike/status/719670685040189440

the glass museum is superduper cool btw, absolutely check it out. a glass museum might sound dumb, but it's like walking into a planet from no man's sky irl there's so much crazy shaped beautifully alien looking colorful stuff everywhere

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Spinz posted:

Seattle is genuinely cool

I haven't been there for 20 years but when I did used to go I would go down to the waterfront, that famous Pike Place Market where they throw fish and poo poo but that whole area is full of little weirdo shops and stuff. I don't know if it's been taken up with just touristy poo poo totally, it wasn't back then.
lemme stop you there:

pike place market was in fact touristy poo poo 20 years ago.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Getting back on topic for the OP, you can uh, go hang out with the Freemont troll and google what "hostile architecture" means? It's a p fun experience for the whole family.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
take a pic like youre jacking the lenin statue off

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

This is a true and honest rendering of that McDonald’s but now it also has stab proof glass

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

MEIN RAVEN posted:

This is a true and honest rendering of that McDonald’s but now it also has stab proof glass

they should serve the food in kevlar bags with ballistic plates

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

FirstnameLastname posted:

they should serve the food in kevlar bags with ballistic plates

Happy meals come with a clean syringe

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

MEIN RAVEN posted:

Happy meals come with a clean syringe

when I was in kindergarten, every recess they would have us line up by the door and wait as a couple of the staff went and patrolled the yard for hypodermics that junkies would throw over the fence

they showed us what they look like and told us to not touch them or that we would catch diseases and die

when i was a kid playing with toys and poo poo people would ask why id always squat over the ground instead of sitting

jokes on them tho my legs are yolked now, thanks Heroin Epidemic!

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

ArbitraryC posted:

lemme stop you there:

pike place market was in fact touristy poo poo 20 years ago.

Nice, nice attitude

That's why I would go to the ocean like I said

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Not sure if it's still.there or what the hell it even looks like anymore if it still exists but the most fun I've ever had at a concert was at the Graceland in Seattle there. Bonus, they have a shitload of 45's hanging from the ceiling that you can totally grab by jumping high enough.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Spinz posted:

Nice, nice attitude

That's why I would go to the ocean like I said

I don't mean to imply it's not some good wholesome fun, just that it's already been a tourist trap for p much as long as most goons have been alive. I'm sure it's gotten worse but it was already selling cheap snakes and turtles stuff with beans in 2000.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Ive been in Seattle for the last 4 years, its by far the most expensive place Ive been. The crap microstudio I lived in out in Kirkland was like over $1000/month, but at least the food and local brews tend to be decent. If you want a free show, take the bus that runs through the industrial distric, almost always a stabbing a day!

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

Literally A Person posted:

Not sure if it's still.there or what the hell it even looks like anymore if it still exists but the most fun I've ever had at a concert was at the Graceland in Seattle there. Bonus, they have a shitload of 45's hanging from the ceiling that you can totally grab by jumping high enough.

It's called "El Corazon" now but still chugging along. Went with my sister to a show there when it was still called Graceland like 20+ years ago and it ruled

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
sometimes when im about to go poo poo at work, i announce to those around me that im bout to go drop a fat steamy seattle!

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

DreadUnknown posted:

Ive been in Seattle for the last 4 years, its by far the most expensive place Ive been. The crap microstudio I lived in out in Kirkland was like over $1000/month, but at least the food and local brews tend to be decent. If you want a free show, take the bus that runs through the industrial distric, almost always a stabbing a day!

those studios are $1450 now and cost $200 extra for a parking spot

80sq ft

iirc it was something like 5.5-6.5 avg size adult coffins in surface area when i did the math

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

FirstnameLastname posted:

those studios are $1450 now and cost $200 extra for a parking spot

80sq ft

iirc it was something like 5.5-6.5 avg size adult coffins in surface area when i did the math

Those stupid apartments are a scam and have been shown to be the most expensive rental places per square foot and we should give everyone who lived in them 5000$ and the buildings should all be burnt to the ground.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

bucksmash posted:

It's called "El Corazon" now but still chugging along. Went with my sister to a show there when it was still called Graceland like 20+ years ago and it ruled

that place still owns, saw cannibal corpse there once

want to see an insane clown posse show but when i got there, there was a group of juggalos walking along that road running down i-90 towards the place, with one of them easily 6'10", dragging a loving yield sign behind him w one hand that had been knocked out of the sidewalk by a car, bent up sign scraping on the asphalt, chunk of cement still attached to the base, like he was a city of heroes troll mini boss and i got tge fuxk out kf there

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

How much does a detached house go for? Are there a lot of Patagonia outfits? Does it go Redneck real quick outside the city?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vic Rattlehead
Mar 13, 2002
Seattle is a pretty place, I like it. There was an absolutely amazing Indian buffet place near Pike Market, however since Covid it is no longer a buffet and is a pricier sit down menu, but with awesome food still.

I'm from Chicago so I'm used to crazy and weird, but it definitely is a strange atmosphere at night. The homeless and beggars are on a different level.