Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Challenge mix a lot to a battle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Never heard of it op. You sure that's a real place?? Funny name

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Get a Seattle dog.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

MSPain posted:

that's the place on roosevelt, right? their malai kofta is my go to hangover food based sheerly on proximity. i didn't know it was such a renowned institution.

That's the one! I honestly didn't either, but I'm glad to learn they are. It's an extremely well run restaurant and the food reminds me of growing up in Bangladesh.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Is that 80's johnny rotten???

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

I'd never support a town that was so anti video game that they ran the Sonics out of town.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Private Cumshoe posted:

What is the best fish to eat in Seattle?

All beasts of the sea are fish btw

Salmon.

There are a few common types I saw, King was big, but when I was out there I bought sockeye because it was cheaper. A nice bright reddish orange color.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Buce posted:

I do a lot of work in Seattle. Last year I was there about 3 weeks of every month. if your next ride on sound transit feels especially smooth, you can thank me. If it doesn’t, you can blame somebody else.

I fuckin love uwajimaya.

Go to Uwajimaya to indulge in your inner weaboo. You know you want to. And then go to Pink Gorilla, the retro game and import store. Was called Pink Godzilla for the longest time and I will never stop calling it that

Go to ChuMinh tofu for amazing banh mi and pho. Bonus: it's run by an awesome Buddist nun lady who closes the shop on Thursdays to cook exclusively for the homeless in the area.

The International District is just super cool in general

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
Shan’t speculate

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
They've got good heroin in Seattle. Not as good as California, but still pretty good

Mukulu
Jul 14, 2006

Stop. Drop. Shut 'em down open up shop.
Buy weed from Ganja Goddess to support lady business owner

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Riot Bimbo posted:

Sincerely, haven't been here my whole life, but moved here recently enough that I feel like the only real "tourist" thing thats worth the time and cost of the ride in seattle itself, is the underground tours.

The seattle underground is genuinely cool, and is a type of thing that's not typical in the united states. The east coast has it some, and europe + ancient urban sites have it aplenty, but it's not something typical to the US to have a more or less intact, dead version of the city directly underneath the current city that you can walk around in and take in.

The seattle library is cool if you've never been to a real rear end library. Before I came up here I had only been to dinky rural/suburban libraries, and it's a different experience if you're a nerd.

Pike place is fine, it has some cool stuff going on, some good food, but imo it's a waste of time.

Everything else that's worth doing imo, is stuff that requires some planning/travel and isn't overly friendly to whimsical wandering. Like, if you're willing to drive a bit, there's the iron horse trail, and the train tunnel through a mountain you can walk through.

I went back in 2019, after having been in the area about a year, and it was better than anything I did in the city.

entrance

several miles later and a hike through the underworld itself, the other side.

a taste of the view you're rewarded with

Coming from Texas, Western Washington's natural beauty is far and away one of the most amazing things it has going on. Leave the city and suburbs to find out why anyone would want to live here.

Howdy, other former Texas goon. I totally agree with every thing you said and I’m always happy to meet another person who relishes moving from brown and shrubby to green and tree-packed

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Knormal posted:

Eat at a Taco Time, they're the best fast food Mexican restaurant. Well, "Mexican". If you've been burned by the crappy franchised Taco Times elsewhere give the real ones around Seattle a try. They're much better.

I worked there in high school, it's loving dogshit and even lower quality than Taco Bell because all the food is pre-made and sits in a big fridge for like 3 days before it's sold, and all the hot food is just microwaved

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
Taco Time isn't worth the fuckin' paper they serve their food on. Absolute dogshit whitewashed garbage.

If you want GOOD Mexican fast food good go to Rancho Taco Bravos on Pine and Broadway. They do in-house tamales by the dozen and they make two different moles in-house as well. Plus any Jarritos u want to go with it.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

rancho taco is good enough i guess, but i wouldn't send people there for like, good tacos.

taco time is what you eat if mayonnaise is too spicy for you and your mom almost died from eating something with bbq sauce on it

There are a million taco trucks scattered all over king county and it's up to YOU to get all the food you can from them

Taco El Rinconsito is also loving _amazing_

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

most food trucks are better than taco time. good burritos in Burien, Shoreline, Greenwood. Freemont is said so have good stuff, but I wouldn't be caught dead there

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

lol at Taco Time to make the crisp chicken burritos first take one giant 10lb bag of precooked chicken from Sysco, dump in into a bin, add in a another 10lb bag of cream cheese from Sysco as well, and then moosh it all up with your hands until it's homogenous glop, roll it up into a tube and then leave it in a fridge for between 2-3 days and then just deep fry it.

best mexican fast food you can eat!!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Uh, if you're in western Washington the only lovely Mexican restaurant to go to is Muchos Gracias (open 24hrs)

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
If the weather is clear when you're here, go check out Golden Gardens Park on the coast near Ballard for some great views of the Olympic Mountains. You can also get some pretty good seafood from Ray's Boathouse while enjoying that view of the water and the mountains. Possibly get to listen to some seals or sea lions barking nearby.

The Seattle Japanese Garden at the UW Arboretum is also pretty cool to check out if you've never been to one before.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Literally A Person posted:

Is that 80's johnny rotten???

It sure is!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I went to Taco Time once when I lived out there and it was complete garbage. The laziest poo poo.

Dogthing
May 30, 2003

or is it.... just a dog??
Grimey Drawer
I just moved to the area from Florida last year because i wanted to see some real rear end mountains and valleys and poo poo and you know what....... this place has got them out the wazoo

Riot Bimbo posted:

Confirmed, also i love to just one-shot the whole roasted onion and/or pepper that you get with the taco plates

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Riot Bimbo posted:

It's the best greasy taqueria in the area, but definitely not amazing. There are better places in Federal Way and around the south end. You need to get down to SoCal or... Mexico to get amazing. Taco Time is ultra bland and way overpriced, but their fish burrito is decent from that "we don't have Rubio's up here" standpoint.

But yeah, Seattle has gotten beyond expensive and has a lot more dark corners than it did even 5 years ago. They have been doing everything they can to shut down auto traffic while public transit is still awful, so the city has become kind of a pain in the rear end. At the same time, there is no shortage of fantastic restaurants/bars and plenty of great museums and galleries. Like a lot of tourist traps they can still be fun to see once. Pike's has some nice stuff, the Needle has great views of the area, MoPop has cool exhibits, etc.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I went to Taco Time once when I lived out there and it was complete garbage. The laziest poo poo.

They had the laziest slogan as well.

When it is time for tacos it is Taco Time.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Pennywise the Frown posted:

No that’s Utahs version of taco time. WA Taco time is fancy eating by comparison.

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
It's a remote fishing village where every third car is a loving tesla.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Plan R posted:

It's a remote fishing village where every third car is a loving tesla.

You're describing pacific beach, and yeah, its wonderful

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

Literally A Person posted:

Uh, if you're in western Washington the only lovely Mexican restaurant to go to is Muchos Gracias (open 24hrs)

La Palma! The best refried beans on this planet.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

going to seattle tomorrow, book marked this thread for reference

were staying in an air bnb right near king county airport and can apparently see the runway from the property

first thing im gonna do in seattle is take a piss, then probably figure out what to do with the rest of the day, gonna be near 4 pm when we arrive, maybe take a poo poo after that, maybe go downtown

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i hear mackerelmore is from there

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

i'm so hungry
cause todayyyyy i dropped my food
on the floor

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

i dont mind the guy but sometimes i wish he would mackle less

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

numberoneposter posted:

i dont mind the guy but sometimes i wish he would mackle less

i have good news for you vis a vis his career

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

his album no one remembers the name of took the grammy instead of good kid maad city lol

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

I'm definitely gonna eat a dick burger

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

darn that's a lukewarm

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

I don't think anyone's ever been to Seattle. But if such a place did exist, I think the seafood is supposed to be pretty good.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

numberoneposter posted:

You will have swass company.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

numberoneposter posted:

Make sure to do it while drunk at 2am.