Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

numberoneposter posted:

I'm definitely gonna eat a dick burger

order at least a deluxe and a regular cheese burger. The fries suck rear end but get them anyway. The shakes are pretty dece

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Taco time sucks the poo poo out of my rear end

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Take the light rail to the city dingus

Here's some touristy poo poo in no particular order:

Plane museum is cool you can sit in a sr71 cockpit and touch the gizmos and doodads

Space needle is boring but if you desire it go for it, it's what you expect it is. Columbia tower has an observation level w better views/cheaper/less crowded

Pike place is fine to bumble around I guess it's usually not too busy this time of year.

Underground tour? It's good

Ballard locks are fun there's a park, a salmon ladder and you can watch boats

Art museum? Uhhh it's ok

Beer? Georgetown brewery. Everyone drinks IPAs here I'm sorry but that's the rule

Ferry to Bainbridge to drink some momwines in an island suburb paradise

Ferry to Bremerton to walk around the USS turner joy, a Vietnam era destroyer

PokeJoe fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Feb 8, 2023

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Seattle? Know I don't know anything about beds

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Seatul

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Barely knew er

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Drunk Nerds posted:

Came here to post Biscuit Bitch. Get a fat rear end loaded biscuit, park yourself in a window seat, and watch the madness that is Seattle trying to reset from anarchy to civilized city at 7 AM.

biscuit bitch is great, it used to be open laaaate at night until like 2 am separate from the main cafe it's at. an excellent spot to stop at after bars close and grab a smokin' hot bitch.

i also met phoenix jones outside biscuit bitch late at like 1 am and got a picture with him and his tactical mallcop ninja buddies. a good weird seattle moment.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Go to tat’s and get a tatstrami sandwich.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
MUCHOS GRACIAS

SideEffectShit
Oct 10, 2022

by Pragmatica
TURN ON THE HEAT IN THIS STARBUCKS ITS 59F IN HERE MUCHOS GRACIAS

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
I went to the Seattle Art Museum for a Rothko exhibit a few years ago?? It was pretty cool. Then on my way back from Vancouver I wanted to drive through Seattle again hoping to hit the National Flight Museum but I got detained at the border for 3 hours because apparently it's weird to go Vancouver<->Alberta via Washington State twice in a week, and the museum was closed by the time they got done rifling through my various bags of amphetamines and weaponry with the serial numbers filed off. :argh:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
OH poo poo. The air and space museum was kick rear end af when I was 10 and also they sell astronaut ice cream.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Seattle doesn't exist

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

i hear mackerelmore is from there

I went to the same High School he did, like years later though.

Also, don't go to Biscuit Bitch, go to Beth's at 2:30AM and eat a 12 egg omelet while you watch people do crazy poo poo, they just reopened!

E: here is the most recent picture of the region I have on my phone.

Elviscat fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Feb 10, 2023

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

XYZAB posted:

my various bags of amphetamines and weaponry with the serial numbers filed off. :argh:
........../

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Literally A Person posted:

OH poo poo. The air and space museum was kick rear end af when I was 10 and also they sell astronaut ice cream.

Last time I went to Museum of Flight for some reason they had the shell casings from the bullets used to free Captain Phillips.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

the best part about the museum is the plaque for American hero Dick Bong

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
I once went to Seattle and saw a guy who looked amazingly like Hitler, like, I really questioned his decision to grow a mustache when he looked that much like Hitler. Poor choice, unless of course it was intentional. Because he liked Hitler.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Now listen, there can’t be anyone who likes Hitler, that would just be taking the piss :colbert:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

who is hitler?

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
I think they are talking about Doctor Gay Hitler, son of George Washington Hitler.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

where's the cosmic needle

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Lol Dirtfish

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

More like dirtdick

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

did you do some rally school or what

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Mr. Merdle posted:

Seattle doesn't actually exist. It's a giant elaborate hoax put on by the collective Northwest

It's a mythical city, kind of like the Emerald City of Oz, or Brigadoon.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

The Emerald City of Wa

TONY DANZAS HO
Aug 27, 2003

retired
and
loving it
i lived there in u district and then Capitol Hill for all of my formative adult years and have many fond memories, and miss things about it that are probably gone now anyway, but chillllulluihully honestly sucks. like, go die, you eyepatched b*tch, really.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

did you do some rally school or what
yeah dude it was pretty good, nice to spend some time in a car on a course with an instructor

heres my #1 car

heres all the instructors, guess which one i picked

heres me

first skid pad thing was just a bunch of 45 degree corners, instructor goes first and i totally thought he was just gonna go striaght but the car gripped and ripped, those beefy rally tires doing their job.

my #1 car again. this thing was fun to drive but wow slow off the line cause RWD, but i enjoyed the handling. i did get it pretty sideways, my instructor brought up my abrupt steering and throttle inputs and i told him i play a drifting sim and he laughed and said maybe just tone down the steering and modulate the throttle lol, i did and my corners got way smoother and faster.

cars all lined up

every dash warning light was illuminated, not that you ever look at that, corner coming up too fast

this was my instructor eric, was really good at finding some of the weirder things i was doing while driving, like super deliberate but harsh inputs cause i was just thinking of my dumb drift games. asked about my previous motorsport experience which is none but i told him that i did bicycle racing and skiing and owned a motorcycle and used all that info for car analogies. i found his feedback pretty helpful, like i know all of what he was saying in theory already, but it was hard to refocus and actually do it unless someone is telling you thats what you need to do.

this was a top of 2nd into 45 degree corner exercise

my office for the day

so these videos are of the instructors running the course, i dont have any outside footage of this closest corner of me, i wish i did, cause i hit some sweet pendulum turns on it. the other students there watching as we switched out seats said "that guy from canada deserves a gold start" lol. it was amateur hour which is fine since im one but some couldnt switch on that full send button, others were being too clinical and trying to be perfect, and i was just trying to get the car sideways and link turns.

https://i.imgur.com/6zz4J9i.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/XQvKrtx.mp4

and finally this is a pic of me getting really crossed up and sidways into that sweet corner

fun experience, especially since i dont have the money, time, or place to actually ever do this otherwise. awesome to have a good instructor. kind of gets me motivated to do some track days on my moto for sure as thats something i could actually make happen and build from there. rally is rad as gently caress though. i have a pipe dream of building a mk3 golf with my mechanic buddy one day.

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Feb 25, 2023

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

numberoneposter posted:

yeah dude it was pretty good, nice to spend some time in a car on a course with an instructor

heres my #1 car

heres me

first skid pad thing was just a bunch of 45 degree corners, instructor goes first and i totally thought he was just gonna go striaght but the car gripped and ripped, those beefy rally tires doing their job.

my #1 car again. this thing was fun to drive but wow slow off the line cause RWD, but i enjoyed the handling. i did get it pretty sideways, my instructor brought up my abrupt steering and throttle inputs and i told him i play a drifting sim and he laughed and said maybe just tone down the steering and modulate the throttle lol, i did and my corners got way smoother and faster.

cars all lined up

every dash warning light was illuminated, not that you ever look at that, corner coming up too fast

this was my instructor eric, was really good at finding some of the weirder things i was doing while driving, like super deliberate but harsh inputs cause i was just thinking of my dumb drift games. asked about my previous motorsport experience which is none but i told him that i did bicycle racing and skiing and owned a motorcycle and used all that info for car analogies. i found his feedback pretty helpful, like i know all of what he was saying in theory already, but it was hard to refocus and actually do it unless someone is telling you thats what you need to do.

my office for the day

so these videos are of the instructors running the course, i dont have any outside footage of this closest corner of me, i wish i did, cause i hit some sweet pendulum turns on it. the other students there watching as we switched out seats said "that guy from canada deserves a gold start" lol. it was amateur hour which is fine since im one but some couldnt switch on that full send button, others were being too clinical and trying to be perfect, and i was just trying to get the car sideways and link turns.

and finally this is a pic of me getting really crossed up and sidways into that sweet corner

fun experience, especially since i dont have the money, time, or place to actually ever do this otherwise. awesome to have a good instructor. kind of gets me motivated to do some track days on my moto for sure as thats something i could actually make happen and build from there. rally is rad as gently caress though. i have a pipe dream of building a mk3 golf with my mechanic buddy one day.

Which one of these is you? Be honest.

https://twitter.com/ass_beaters/status/1628574173361586177?s=20

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I had a 10 hour layover in the airport and it loving sucked, and that was after I was diverted due to fog to Portland on my previous flight there.

Maybe someday I'll have better memories of Seattle but so far it's been zero for zero.

Why was the entire airport covered in crumbs? Please wash your airport. It's filthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

numberoneposter posted:

heres my #1 car

heres me

cars all lined up

my office for the day

looks sick as hell brother, congrats on getting out there :cheers: also that's dope that you got in a brz, we have a caged 86 for our rally car