Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Lots of good songs about heroin tho so gotta be pretty cool, maybe we should all get together and try it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
You know when you see something cheap on sale, like $1 Lunchables or (in my case) $2 Starcraft action figures? And you just buy the gently caress out of them, not because you need them, but because they're so cheap it's stupid not to buy them because come on man, meat and cheese in between two crackers just $1 and a loving 8" tall hydralisk $2?!?! And then after the madness is over you look at the haul and you're like... dude, what am I going to do with 35 Starcraft figures? I don't even like Lunchables. And yet even though it was clearly stupid and kind of a waste you'd do it again because it was so cheap?

It's nothing like that at all, like, not even in the same ballpark.

poo poo, maybe this wasn't that helpful OP, sorry.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

Nooner posted:

The Vicodin I got when I got my wisdom teeth out just made me throw up but drinking lean was always a lot of fun, I've never tried shooting any drugs so can't really advise in that so in closing Opiates: A World of Contrasts

7/8 of tge appeal and therapeutic efficacy of lean is that it looks like something a wizard would drink to gain mana

RapturesoftheDeep
Jan 6, 2013
I've never done it, but at one point a friend gave me a bunch of his old Oxys. I found it completely boring, I just sat around all day flipping through the channels on cable and it was bedtime before I knew it. Weed and uppers at least make things engaging. I can see why people get addicted to it if they are in pain, though. The one time I smoked hash that supposedly had opium in it, I got a real rush of peace and well being that lasted for like an hour.

In conclusion, do meth or coke instead, you'll get a lot more accomplished (organizing your CD collection, identifying who your enemies are, etc.)

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

FirstnameLastname posted:

heroin is rapidly turned into morphine once entering the bloodstream and the morphine is what gets you high

so is oxycodone etc.

the only difference is the concentration and IV use increasing the rate of onset

pls do not use opiates unless medically necessary

As someone who has done a lot of opiates, both licit and illicit, that is simply not true. Heroin feels different to morphine which feels different to dilaudid and so on.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Good

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

sometimes i like to take a xanax and have some chamomile tea; but it's some pretty hardcore poo poo. you gotta work your way up to it.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
opium tastes like flowers

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

CaptainSarcastic posted:

As someone who has done a lot of opiates, both licit and illicit, that is simply not true. Heroin feels different to morphine which feels different to dilaudid and so on.

that's because of the concentration of the drug and how quickly and easily your body converts it into morphine, basically like beer vs wine vs liquor vs grain alcohol

they feel different, but it's the same thing happening

Dilaudid actually is different tho because it's a synthetic opioid, not an opiate at all, so it functions a lil differently, like methadone, fentanyl, subutex etc. but everything derived from the actual plant just turns into morphine

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

that's because of the concentration of the drug and how quickly and easily your body converts it into morphine, basically like beer vs wine vs liquor vs grain alcohol

they feel different, but it's the same thing happening

Dilaudid actually is different tho because it's a synthetic opioid, not an opiate at all, so it functions a lil differently, like methadone, fentanyl, subutex etc. but everything derived from the actual plant just turns into morphine

Smoking is actually the fastest onset possible, and heroin does produce additional metabolites that morphine or other opiates do not.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

My only experience with opiates is a few prescriptions for pain pills and a shot of dilaudid in urgent care. They felt good but I really could have dealt with the pain without them. I think I could get hooked on them if I really tried but I dont think I'm wired for opiate addiction. It's probably for the best because I'm actually addicted to alcohol and at least that poo poo's cheap and legal. I can't imagine the hell of having to maintain an expensive, illegal habit.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Smoking is actually the fastest onset possible, and heroin does produce additional metabolites that morphine or other opiates do not.

actually ya reading up on this and yr right heroin also metabolizes into 6-MAM & (3-MAM too but that doesn't do much),
6-MAM passes the blood-brain barrier and binds to receptors even easier than heroin does along with being created in varying amts when heroin is manufactured alongside it, with different production methods having wildly varying results

so ya that would make it feel very diff.
probably more from the 6-MAM alongside it than as a metabolite, since that would cause the stronger initial onset, but the metabolite would be a little different too from morphine

6-MAM metabolizes into morphine too tho, it just doesn't have to before it gets u high & that's the diff

i always thought it was just morphine

FirstnameLastname fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Jan 13, 2023

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

It feels so good, that no other single experience would even come close in someone’s entire life, at least for those who have not tried hard drugs. And that’s the sad part, because it can make any other experience appear pointless, and your only goal will be to get a taste of it again, but it will never be as good as the first time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUngLgGRJpo

You’ll get the high, but you’ll lose the meaning that family, loved ones and accomplishments bring you. You’ll also being very sick unless you give your body more heroin. Hope this helps OP

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

actually ya reading up on this and yr right heroin also metabolizes into 6-MAM & (3-MAM too but that doesn't do much),
6-MAM passes the blood-brain barrier and binds to receptors even easier than heroin does along with being created in varying amts when heroin is manufactured alongside it, with different production methods having wildly varying results

so ya that would make it feel very diff.
probably more from the 6-MAM alongside it than as a metabolite, since that would cause the stronger initial onset, but the metabolite would be a little different too from morphine

6-MAM metabolizes into morphine too tho, it just doesn't have to before it gets u high & that's the diff

i always thought it was just morphine

Yeah, it's something I've looked into even after I went from heroin to methadone and then off completely. Getting addicted to opiates is not something I recommend.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Good Sphere posted:

It feels so good, that no other single experience would even come close in someone’s entire life, at least for those who have not tried hard drugs.

This is horseshit.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

legalize it

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
just do cocaine like an adult OP

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Do y'all work in marketing or something

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
I was on so much dilaudid in the ICU that it caused liver toxicity. They started giving it to me for my lung failure for some reason and then i quickly just started needing it all the time. They tried giving it to me in a long acting form but i kept demanding the shots. The burn of injection quickly becomes a delightful reminder that you are about to feel much much better. It feels like warm golden syrup flowing to your heart and then whooshing out to every bit of your body, consuming all thought and emotion into a glowing insensate temporary bliss.

Later i was fortunate to have a palliative care doctor wean me off everything with assistance of methadone. I sympathise with everyone who gets addicted to this stuff regardless of the circumstances that brought them here.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

CaptainSarcastic posted:

It's a powerful opiate, and it feels like one.

As someone who spent a couple years addicted to it I can also say it feels a lot different when you first start using compared to when you hit the maintenance addiction phase.

That's because you didn't up the dosage to account for tolerance

I snorted 40mg of oxy once and it was the best feeling in the world but it certainly made.my stomach feel a bit hosed up so was probably too much for the one and only time I've ever done it

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
There are opiods out there that make fentanyl look friendly. I've had to personally revive loved ones dying on the floor because they wanted to do just a little bit more.

The "gold happiness syrup flowing through your body" description is the most on point.

Don't do any street heroin or oxys or any pain pills as it's all fent.

In fact don't do any opiods recreationally because no matter what you tell yourself if you do them enough you won't be able to stop. Seen it all too often.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Lmao pretttttty sure I'll be able to stop. I'm like, a pretty strong dude :smugndar:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

kntfkr posted:

I tried oxys in college cuz girls and I hated the feeling. Plus they were like $1/mg so $80 for 80s, wtf, once was enough. I'm an uppers guy and that's where past addictions were. But I've had chronic pain from a disc thing and for the most part won't take opiates for it except for one time when my back locked and the nerve was screaming worse than anything I ever felt, my folks brought me to a lovely hospital because it was a saturday. They gave me morphine and it did nothing. After whining for 90 minutes straight that the morphine did nothing, they gave me fentanyl and the relief was incredible. I was more impressed with the efficacy than the sensation. I'd rather smoke crack tbh

Square

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I got given vicodin after surgery and it did literally nothing every time I took it, I felt like garbage

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Opiates don't seem to help me much for pain or make me feel nice. Maybe I've just never had a large enough dose. I've had oxcy proscribed a couple times but it just didn't help at all so I didn't take it. I couldn't tell you what the dosage was it's been awhile.

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
if you can get good powder its incredible. an instant blast of warmth and happiness that will never match up to anything else in normal life. theres a reason everyone throws everything else in their life away to chase that high.

most of the poo poo nowadays is mostly fent garbage though. hardly any euphoria, short rear end high, but the withdrawls are somehow even worse. and if your opiate-naive you'll probably end up just dying so theres that too.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I tried it once in 2006 or so, when I had a little past experience dabbling with oxy. I live near a port and it was a little rock of heroin that I was assured was really really good by the friendly mall security guard I'd bought it from, who was an addict on methadone with buyer's remorse who just wanted to be rid of it. We had talked about drugs before and I was in the try anything once stage of my drug adventure, and this seemed like a perfect opportunity to try it once since he was kind of on my side in terms of absolutely never getting more for me again or anything. So anyway, oxy has a really nice body buzz that you can feel well before you start nodding, and is also not very sleepy at all for me in these middle doses, it was a nice place to be I thought so I was doing tiny little bumps every few minutes trying to get there. But I blew right through the middle without feeling so much as a tingle, thinking I'd been ripped off, and the next thing I knew I was nodding out hard. The next thing I remember is calling in sick the next day because I spent the first half of it barfing. I haven't touched it since.

e: i had a car accident a few years ago where I was actually prescribed opioids for actual pain and holy poo poo I never really understood their magic till then. I am lucky as gently caress that I never went down that rabbit hole and they still work for me as prescribed when needed.

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jan 13, 2023

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under
This was back in the 90's and coming off a trans Atlantic flight I had such a big lump in my butt cheek I could hardly walk.
The first doctor I could see once I got home called an ambulance and I was rushed to a local hospital in case it caused sepsis / blood poisoning.
My first experience with injectable pethidine was just the nicest feeling in the entire universe.
Coming from the sweetest looking nurses in North Ryde it was just about worth it.
Waking up in recovery was a different story. Far fewer drugs and sympathy, its hard to understand why - "we cut you open at some point because we had to fix you" ?
It's hosed and I don't understand why some do (like my mum, different story) and some don't get the same treatment.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

it’s like tylenol but bigger I think

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
my guts sprung a leak two years ago from a diverticulitis flare up, and I went to the hospital and the pain was like someone stabbed me

they hooked me up to an iv and said this is the good stuff and within seconds it felt like i smoked a huge bowl and a cloud was giving me the best hug ever

i just smiled and stared at the ceiling for the next two months, basically. i didnt give any shits that they stuck a tube up my nose into my stomach, a catheter in my junk and no food or drink for those two months while they removed 3 feet of my insides. i looked like that old rear end b&w 40k picture of the emperor of mankind on the golden throne from the 80s. the drugs made it a-ok and completely enjoyable.

thankfully didn't come away from it wanting more. but man, if you get hosed up, the hospitals can make everything feel alright.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

That opiate feeling is pretty awesome, but I never really have a strong desire to keep doing them after doing them, especially compared to, say, blow. Generally I won't even do them if they're around because they're not conducive to the kind of highs I really like, and I went to high school from 2000-2004 so I knew a whole bunch of people who are loving dead.

Generally I just stick to weed and booze these days after seeing all that play out over the last 23 years.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I got an iv injection of morphine when i got my wisdom teeth out and i remember feeling all warm and fuzzy and thinking ohhh this is why people abuse this.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP
I remember getting Vicodin for my wisdom teeth and enjoying it very much but I also remember, years later, me folded up in my bay window of my apartment anxiously waiting for my dealer's car to turn the corner while I sweat and threw up in opiate withdrawal and I really don't recommend it.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

yeah, I would like heroin

...a heroine, that is. to suck my nuts, I mean

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

people who give oral pleasure are national champions and should be acknowledged. is what I'm getting at here

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I had a dose of morphine for a kidney stone a few months ago, made the pain better and made me a little sleepy.

Not unpleasant, but not the best thing ever, either.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

I've only ever had opiates after breaking my leg after a bad fall from bouldering. Morphine made me drowsy, a little nauseous, dulled the pain but I never felt "good" from it, and I'm pretty sure they gave me fentanyl at some point but I probably just passed out afterwards. They sent me home with nothing more than a bottle of Tylenol 3s which were close to useless but I'm guessing they really don't want people getting addicted to that poo poo (:canada: here).

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
I got sent home with oxy after my appendix burst. I’ve seen a few people spiral on them so I wasn’t initially planning to take any. After a particularly miserable first night trying to sleep however, I did give in and popped one. My next mistake was combining the feeling with the weed I had lying around.

Before I knew it I’d blown through this bottle I told myself I wouldn’t touch. And by the last couple days I wasn’t even really experiencing much in the way of pain from the surgery, I’d just gotten into the habit of smoking and taking oxy and zening out on my couch.

I completely understand why people get addicted to those things now.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I got given vicodin after surgery and it did literally nothing every time I took it, I felt like garbage

This seems to happens to lots of people and they let them degrade in their medicine cabinet instead of giving them to me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

The warm / fuzzy feelings from heroin is your future being lit on fire.

Edit : oh and gently caress Kratom!