Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vanadium Dame
May 29, 2002

HELLO I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT MY VERY STRONG OPINIONS

Would not recommend. I have not tried it personally, but my wife is a recovering addict, and the process of withdrawal and staying clean is horrendous. I'm a recovering alcoholic, and the multiple seizures I've had due to my abuse do not compare to the pain I have watched opioid addicts go through.

Also, Denver is full of fentanyl now, so you run the very real risk of OD because you thought you were buying dope and it's fenty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

BastardAus posted:

This was back in the 90's and coming off a trans Atlantic flight I had such a big lump in my butt cheek I could hardly walk.

I initially interpreted this as “I smuggled so much Heroin in my rear end during a transatlantic flight that I required medical attention as soon as I landed”

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

Dixville posted:

I got an iv injection of morphine when i got my wisdom teeth out and i remember feeling all warm and fuzzy and thinking ohhh this is why people abuse this.

This, but Versed. It was like, oh, this is why I must never board the benzo train.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

The podcast “You Made it Weird” has episode “Harris Wittels Returns,” from November 19, 2014. At the time Harris was a successful writer on Parks & Rec and appeared as an animal control worker. In this episode he goes into detail about his experiences with drugs including describing the feeling of heroin. It’s a comedy podcast but as Harris describes the ordeal of going through expensive rehab, then realizing that after getting clean his tolerance is nothing so he can get really really high (a plan even his dealer tried to talk him out of), it’s distressing and the goofy show host expresses concern. Harris would be dead from heroin overdose at age 30 three months after the podcast came out.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

I broke my collarbone, worst pain imaginable. Absolutely overwhelming.

Once I got to the ER, they shot me full of morphine. You know that feeling when you take a nap, and the nap is just right, and you wake up completely refreshed and just feel really nice for a little while afterwards? It's exactly like that, except ten times stronger, and lasts hours. The first thing that went through my mind was "so this is why people ruin their lives huh, I get it". The pain didn't so much go away as become bearable and just something I didn't really care about anymore.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

WalletBeef posted:

The warm / fuzzy feelings from heroin is your future being lit on fire.

Edit : oh and gently caress Kratom!

This is all true although kratom has benefit ONLY as basically natural Suboxone. People who act like it's something other than an opiod are fooling themselves but it IS really good for getting off harder opiods.

Also yeah I broke my foot recently and the oxy didn't remove the pain but it definitely made me give zero fucks.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Donated bone marrow once and before they wheeled me in the nurse basically shoved an oxycodone and soma down my throat. To say I was jelly would be inaccurate. I was a loving slime mold of comfort, and even when they wheeled me into the frigid rear end operating room, my mostly naked rear end was too high to care. I doubt I even made it to one on the general anesthetic.

Opiods are incredible and tbh, I can see how easy it is to utterly destroy your life using them.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I had lower spine surgery last year and was given Tylenol 3's for pain control during recovery. I was feeling good for the first day or two, then my digestive system totally shut down. I couldn't muster up the energy or desire to eat anything, and just kept feeling weaker and weaker. Eventually they realized my body didn't handle Codeine very well and switched me to something else.

Was over a week getting out of the hospital and most of that was just weaning my body of the loving T3s.

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
Are there any goons who were adults in the 90s that can confirm whether “heroin chic” was considered an attractive vibe/look? Seems pretty hosed up.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Halisnacks posted:

Are there any goons who were adults in the 90s that can confirm whether “heroin chic” was considered an attractive vibe/look? Seems pretty hosed up.

was not an adult in the 1990s but horrendously and unhealthily skinny is always in vogue, particularly for women

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

Halisnacks posted:

The whole "death wish" thing plays into romanticism, so it never really goes out of vogue.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
I've always assumed it's a bit like The Velvet Underground - good in theory, but actually boring.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Disco Pope posted:

I've always assumed it's a bit like The Velvet Underground - good in theory, but actually boring.

have you tried talking a walk on the wild side?

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
Good heroin feels like pure, unadulterated euphoria. About 5 seconds after you depress the plunger the warmth hits you right behind the heart, nearly takes your breath away and the world is absolutely perfect for awhile, however lovely your life actually is. It's one of the best feelings a nervous system can experience. It makes you perfect. Until it runs out and you have no money and you find out about withdrawal. It actually takes awhile before withdrawal gets to trainspotting-terrible levels, and paradoxically, not all that long. That poo poo is a revelation the first time you get it bad. It's been more than 10 years since I've had smack. I was curious about it for years, finally did it and it lived up to the hype. I would not, however, recommend trying it OP. I have no judgement concerning the drug itself, but it can derail your life shockingly fast. Also nowadays everything seems to be fentanyl, and that definitely ain't worth it.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Private Cumshoe posted:

have you tried talking a walk on the wild side?

Not sure, what do the coloured girls say?

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

I had a norco pill once, which I guess is the same thing as morphine or heroin.

It was fine, I didn't get any rush or euphoria, I just felt a little extra drunk that day, I guess I'm not a heroin enjoyer

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
It sounds like if you didn’t have the greatest experience of your life you didn’t actually do heroin.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Disco Pope posted:

what's that old quote? every t.v.u. song spawns a genre?

anyway, gently caress you the velvet underground is good. dip poo poo

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Why are my kids getting all the goddamn rainbow fentanyl and not me?!?!?!

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

So are all the goons saying street H is just fent insinuating to not die just take like 1/10th the dose so you don’t die?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

it's pronounced "her - oin" btw

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
It's herron.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

Cobra Commander posted:

So are all the goons saying street H is just fent insinuating to not die just take like 1/10th the dose so you don’t die?

if fentanyl is mixed in w/ a substance improperly, like w/o using a pharmaceutical mixer that distributes everything as evenly as possible, you'll get hotspots of concentrated fentanyl, it's active in microgram amounts, 50mcg of it a lot, and that's less than you'd be able to see w/ ths naked eye

so if you're unlucky that 1/10th dose might be all the fent they cut in and kill you

there's no safe way to gently caress w/ modern street drugs, especially heroin amd poo poo but honestly everything, fent gets mixed into stuff on accident, it gets pressed into pills, it'll get mixed into MDMA by some super loaded dealer who didn't clean the scale off good enough, etc.

like it will even fit onto microblotters, I've never heard of it being done but it's potent enough to fit onto em

if you are going to use illicit drugs, get a testkit, they're like $20 and reusable and I've known too many people who've died over bullshit because they trusted their dealer who trusted theirs but it doesn't matter, mix-ups happen & ppl die from it way way too much. out of everyone i grew up with, friend and family alike, I'vd had two friends who didn't get hooked on oxys/H by 04-08ish, every member of my extended family within 8yr of age to me got addicted, and every other friend. bout half are still using, all of which have destroyed their lives, caught felonies, turning tricks to pay for dope, casing cars, selling stolen poo poo, multiple ODs in a row even in rehab, etc.

it's bad stuff

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008
Had a minor-ish surgery as a teen and they forgot to order the painkillers for when when I came out of anesthesia. Wasn't too painful but when I left the doctor prescribed me like 100 oxycontins as an apology present lol. When I got home I wasn't even in pain but I gave one a try, I just felt dizzy and nauseous. I probably just didn't take enough they were only like 5mg pills. Probably surely for the best.

A high school friend's girlfriend worked as a receptionist for a "compassionate and understanding" pain doctor and it was a nightmare dealing with the patients. I joked I should go to her waiting room and try to sell my bottle to the Karens, joking turned to "yeah uh lets do this" but my mom had flushed the pills at that point.

Where I grew up the opioid epidemic is real bad now. Its funny looking back, now everyone knows the story: pharma companies got doctors to massively over-prescribe opioids, eventually the medical world slammed on the brakes and addicts switched to street heroin. But in the 00's the adults seemed oblivious but all us good-for-nothing teens knew what was up. Trivially easy to get real pharma-made oxy, percs etc. from a dealer, abusive boomers who NEED THEIR MEDS, Doctors offices with a big red sign that just said "PAIN", come on... I'm not saying I was some genius who saw something no one else saw, everyone in my high school joked about it.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
smoke weed OP

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Jesus Christ, imagining the prelegalized-weed doctors with clinics on the floor above dispensaries advertising $20 appointments only like for oxy instead holy gently caress

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
So, I always see a lot of people say opioids are like pure pleasure. I never got that. Closest I get to that is with methamphetamine, but even that’s not like pure pleasure, it’s more like it just turns your brain into a pleasure machine- you know what I’m not going to provide a graphic description of the glorious, transcendental, godlike high methamphetamine provides, I don’t want anybody to want to try it after reading this post, like the way after reading this thread I now want to try heroin on the off-chance that it really does what it says on the tin unlike every other opioid thus far and I don’t just fundamentally feel pleasure differently than normies.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

Nooner posted:

Jesus Christ, imagining the prelegalized-weed doctors with clinics on the floor above dispensaries advertising $20 appointments only like for oxy instead holy gently caress

down in florida there were doctors prescribing single individuals more oxycontin than their entire town would use in a year if every person was taking it every day or some insane poo poo
it went oxycodone/oxycontin, then methadone, then suboxone, each time the actual pain management from the medicine getting shittier for people taking it for legitimate reasons, but harder to abuse. they'll over-rx one, get cracked down on by the ATF, and move onto the next one

i've got chronic back pain & don't have any narcotic pain meds because poorpeople insurance
but my mom used to get methadone (her spine snapped around T6-T8 @ 33 y/o) and would give me some for when my back'd be hosed off
i took 20mg and vomited for 6 hours and was loaded for a full 24h

my cousin sold thizz to a guy who had something like a 600mg a day methadone prescription. a day. in a big fuckin cup, from the clinic. hed just sip it while he drove around slangin

some people were getting rx's of well over 1000mg a day before they cracked down on it. more than the average person would take in a month

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

Nooner posted:

It was real, at one point Florida dispensed more Oxycontin then every other state in America.. combined.

A surprisingly good book was written about it, American Pain. pro-read.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
time to legalize heroin

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
when I was in seventh grade I badly shattered my arm in wrestling — arm was visibly deformed and everything.

for reasons that are unclear to me to this day, it took me a really long time to get into the hospital. had to wait on a curb for my parents, they had to take me to a primary care doc for insurance reasons, that doc wanted an X-ray (despite the visible break), etc. and nobody gave me anything for the pain

when I finally got into the hospital, they gave me a healthy dose of some sort of IV opioid. The relief and feeling of it was incredible. Could only barely feel my hosed up arm

I’m fine with that very positive experience being my only real one with opiates

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Nigmaetcetera posted:

So, I always see a lot of people say opioids are like pure pleasure. I never got that. Closest I get to that is with methamphetamine, but even that’s not like pure pleasure, it’s more like it just turns your brain into a pleasure machine- you know what I’m not going to provide a graphic description of the glorious, transcendental, godlike high methamphetamine provides, I don’t want anybody to want to try it after reading this post, like the way after reading this thread I now want to try heroin on the off-chance that it really does what it says on the tin unlike every other opioid thus far and I don’t just fundamentally feel pleasure differently than normies.

not a problem for me, chap--the tiny remnants of catholic upbringing I have refuse to let me even pretend to touch anything promising that kinda high

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
look at this zoomer who has never seen trainspotting or basketball diaries

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

not a problem for me, chap--the tiny remnants of catholic upbringing I have refuse to let me even pretend to touch anything promising that kinda high

It provides a way better high than Catholicism. Every world leader has been on it from the day it was invented until now. Jesus probably took it, and he definitely gave it to his disciples, that’s why they loved him so much. The whole three days dead in a cave thing was a misunderstanding, he just ran out of speed and had to sleep it off.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Does anybody want to talk in detail about how good the various forms of speed and coke feel? Because I could talk about that at length. Also, why does booze get me higher than morphine? Don’t tell me I just haven’t had enough morphine because my dad was there when I busted my face open and he’s a former ER doc and he said that they gave me enough dilaudid and morphine to kill like 20 Janis Joplins, no Southern Comfort necessary. I was wide awake and in pain, though.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Infinite Karma posted:

I had a norco pill once, which I guess is the same thing as morphine or heroin.

It was fine, I didn't get any rush or euphoria, I just felt a little extra drunk that day, I guess I'm not a heroin enjoyer

Some people just aren't affected by narcotics. I learned I wasn't the hard way after waking up from emergency surgery to remove around a foot of necrotic intestine that had burst several months prior. I had to be hooked up to an EKG since my heart rate was around 240 before they were able to get an epidural in me to numb the area. I vividly remember trying to concentrate on NYPD blue since it was 2004 and that was all tnt played. Pretty sure sipowicz was the only thing that kept me alive

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

I was a heroin addict for twenty + years. It was the only thing that helped my OCD and made me functional.

The first tiem you sniff it feels like being in a warm blanket but your nose is really itchy

the first time you shoot its an immediate rush that is insanely euphoric that makes u so itchy

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ManBoyChef posted:

I was a heroin addict for twenty + years. It was the only thing that helped my OCD and made me functional.

The first tiem you sniff it feels like being in a warm blanket but your nose is really itchy

the first time you shoot its an immediate rush that is insanely euphoric that makes u so itchy

I don't believe you have ever tried herion. I am calling you a liar

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...
Well, I saw a documentary once that said 'take the best orgasm you've ever had and you're still not even close'. So there's that.

Had to take codeine -- Tylenol 3s, actually -- for awhile when my guts wouldn't stop trying to kill me by crapping to death and Immodium stopped working. It got to the point I had to take so many just to literally keep my poo poo together that it was depressing my breathing.

For awhile, it felt good for a bit after I took a few, but that went away and I'd just get a weird feeling in the back of my throat and just straight up feel weirdly uncomfortable with any kind of opioid.

Finally ended up having surgery on my guts and got Dilaudid and all that stuff, and it was so unpleasant at times I'd almost have just dealt with the pain straight up.

I don't know man, I have a weird system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Does anybody want to talk in detail about how good the various forms of speed and coke feel? Because I could talk about that at length. Also, why does booze get me higher than morphine? Don’t tell me I just haven’t had enough morphine because my dad was there when I busted my face open and he’s a former ER doc and he said that they gave me enough dilaudid and morphine to kill like 20 Janis Joplins, no Southern Comfort necessary. I was wide awake and in pain, though.

In my experience, coke feels loving pointless after smoking crack. And the duration of crack makes the whole enterprise seem pointless after smoking meth. And all the stimulants seem wasted if they're not taken in conjunction with sex.