Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

loving Moron posted:

Just cancel Rick and Morty and give it's budget to ATHF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Cant they use AI these days to simply mimick his voice? Would be on brand for the show.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

Crespolini posted:

no i don't think it was his employees, and i'm sure silverman was involved in some way. i'm not crazy, i remember that detail

It's really not hard to google this poo poo, c'mon now.

For those of you who find opening a new browser tab too much of a calorie expenditure: on her friend Howard Stern's radio show, Silverman revealed that, when they were young and non-famous, C.K. would frequently ask if he could masturbate in front of her, because that is very much his lifelong obsessive sex fetish. She would sometimes let him, because she's freaky like that. She was quick to condemn him, though, for continuing this hobby of his into adulthood, especially when vested with the power that comes with being rich & famous (particularly in a small pond like the standup comedy world).

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p2m0Z6oJh8

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Nooner posted:

Over 50% of domestic abuse situations the women antagonise and even physically attack first.

This statement feels like it might be combining two pretty different scenarios.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Chicken Butt posted:

It's really not hard to google this poo poo, c'mon now.

yeah but i feel like thats sorta cheating, i dunno. i mean, why don't you just turn your whole head into a computer?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

1secondpersecond posted:

What's the deal with Hinds? I know he's said some regressive stuff in interviews and the band kind of pulled him back from press events, but I hadn't heard about anything else.

He’s an abusive alcoholic who is particularly cruel. None of the band hangs out with him but he’s part of the “brand” for Mastodon. Because of where I work, and that they worked with us in the past, I am privy to a lot of awful stories about his behavior and they are grim. I’m frankly shocked he’s still alive.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

He’s an abusive alcoholic who is particularly cruel. None of the band hangs out with him but he’s part of the “brand” for Mastodon. Because of where I work, and that they worked with us in the past, I am privy to a lot of awful stories about his behavior and they are grim. I’m frankly shocked he’s still alive.

That dude that was "in wu tang" tried to murder him for accidentally hitting him in the face with a wet t-shirt after the Grammys, Shavo from System was there and didn't do a thing but watch, and neither of them gave a poo poo about it in the end but I'm sure that coma he got forcefully put in that nobody talks about has anything to do with it

also you compared him to a child predator

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I didn't know Terri Shavo was in SOAD

learn something new every day

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

MrQwerty posted:

That dude that was "in wu tang" tried to murder him for accidentally hitting him in the face with a wet t-shirt after the Grammys, Shavo from System was there and didn't do a thing but watch, and neither of them gave a poo poo about it in the end but I'm sure that coma he got forcefully put in that nobody talks about has anything to do with it

also you compared him to a child predator

It wasn’t an accident:

quote:

A quick refresher for those that do not remember the original report, Hinds suffered brain hemorrhaging, a broken nose, and two black eyes as a result of the beating. The Las Vegas weekly did some digging and found out more about the incident as well as who is involved, they report: "an inebriated Hinds was leaving Mandalay Bay around 3 a.m. when he encountered Odadjian and musician William Hudson at the hotel's west valet area. Hinds took off his shirt and hit Odadjian with it, then struck Hudson in both the face and chest, prompting Odadjian to advise Hinds 'to relax,' several times.

"The police report then indicates both Odadjian and Hudson punched Hinds in the face, knocking him to the ground. An unidentified friend of Hinds, who reportedly witnessed the event, rushed to the musician's aid and apologized to Odadjian and Hudson, saying Hinds was 'just drunk,' according to the police report. Odadjian and Hudson were both questioned by police on the scene.

"No charges had been filed at press time, though the police report lists Hudson as a 'suspect,' facing a possible charge of 'battery with substantial bodily harm.' The police report lists Odadjian as a 'witness.'"

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

It wasn’t an accident:

I've had people slap me with t-shirts and I have never punched them in the nose so hard someone described the sound as an explosion and then left them on the ground with a brain bleed hth

you're allowed to not like brent hinds but you also said he makes justin roiland look like mr. rogers, is that because he is an rear end in a top hat or a child predator

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Punching people cuz your drunk is a terrible excuse

You're supposed to twist the wet shirt and do a little flick if your wrist

Then it can be flirty but not overly violent

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Treecko posted:

I didn't know Terri Shavo was in SOAD

one of those phrases that has only been written/uttered once in all of human history

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I thought Loius CK was relevant to the discussion even though there is no proof that he's a pedophile because we've been discussing King Jellybean and Sgt Hatred.

CK has a famous monolog about how great it must be to gently caress kids.

CK wrote, directed, and stared in a movie where he plays a pedophile.

CK's known sexual assaults involve women who either worked for him or otherwise couldn't remove themselves from the situation. They couldn't talk about it out of fear doing so would hurt themselves more than their abuser. The power dynamics involved aren't that different from pedophilia.

KPC_Mammon fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jan 28, 2023

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Me reading this thread since it’s reopened

:monocle:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

MrQwerty posted:

I've had people slap me with t-shirts and I have never punched them in the nose so hard someone described the sound as an explosion and then left them on the ground with a brain bleed hth

you're allowed to not like brent hinds but you also said he makes justin roiland look like mr. rogers, is that because he is an rear end in a top hat or a child predator

Lol

Edit: When asked if Brent comes over to Bill’s house he replied “gently caress no I’m not letting him around my kids.” ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This isn’t a Mastodon thread so maybe calm down.

Dang It Bhabhi! fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jan 28, 2023

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

But I was also trying to talk around my own personal trauma instead of actually addressing it, so the directions my brain was going weren't entirely on topic.

It is never an easy topic to discuss but Venture Brothers was one of my favorite shows and the Sgt Hatred arc felt like a huge betrayal at the time.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Is it because your secretly Louie CK?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Treecko posted:

You’re 🙄

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Treecko posted:

If I was secretly Louie CK I'd have done the world a favor and killed myself.

Keep enjoying your toons that humanize pedophilia!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Edit: When asked if Brent comes over to Bill’s house he replied “gently caress no I’m not letting him around my kids.” ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This isn’t a Mastodon thread so maybe calm down.

Yeah but you're implying Brent is a child molester and not a bad uncle with a face tat who used to live in a van. You're very explicitly implying that.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

MrQwerty posted:

Yeah but you're implying Brent is a child molester and not a bad uncle with a face tat who used to live in a van. You're very explicitly implying that.

https://youtu.be/V9O94UTDAJQ

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

KPC_Mammon posted:

Keep enjoying your toons that humanize pedophilia!

are you talking about family guy?....no wait thats incest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
wow just wow

e: i guess i should clarify: this thread sucks and you can pm me if you believe it should be kept around but I will probably just reply with goatse. cheers

AARD VARKMAN fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jan 28, 2023