Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
gently caress the whole concept of entertaining anybody using audio and visuals. churn butter you fucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

KitConstantine posted:

How can you think this dude doesn't respect women? He's so polite to them in private
https://twitter.com/AllieGoertz/status/1614098722673287168?t=nFilqdfWwnxWePjD-rsqLw&s=19
Quelle suprise

Edit: screenshot in case

top shelf humor

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

those dms are pretty bad, but if we were to hold him responsible for it, that would be cancel culture i’m afraid

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

If you don't laugh at that high level comedy you are a victim of the woke mind virus and need to be silenced to keep it from spreading

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
Well actually, you folks just don’t understand that Roilland’s humor is centered around the idea of being transgressive, offensive, and confrontational, in order to shock the audience into examining the dark corners of their own psyches, and to reevaluate taboo subjects. And a small chocolate Frosty, please.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

theres a rick and morty episode where the yellow guy mr poo poo face or whatever monologues to the camera for a minute or two, explaining he's a horrible person and nobody would like him if they knew the real him or what he does or has done

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Chicken Butt posted:

Well actually, you folks just don’t understand that Roilland’s humor is centered around the idea of being transgressive, offensive, and confrontational, in order to shock the audience into examining the dark corners of their own psyches, and to reevaluate taboo subjects. And a small chocolate Frosty, please.

This reminds me they sell(sold?) Rick and Morty soda at Wendy’s.

It was ok

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

woke mind culture

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

super sweet best pal posted:

So he was charged in 2020 and we're just now hearing about it?

pro starcraft loser posted:

How the gently caress is a charge from 2020 just now getting to PRE TRIAL?

ITT: people learning for the first time that a pandemic happened, "Law & Order" isn't a documentary, and that police dgaf about domestic abuse

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Powerful Katrinka posted:

ITT: people learning for the first time that a pandemic happened, "Law & Order" isn't a documentary, and that police dgaf about domestic abuse

and date rape

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Like all goons my tastes in media are much more refined than anyone who likes the Rich and Morky show, or South Park. in fact my taste is so rarefied that I don't actually like anything

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

my little pony is actually the only respectable cartoon to watch as an adult

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Hammerite posted:

Like all goons my tastes in media are much more refined than anyone who likes the Rich and Morky show, or South Park. in fact my taste is so rarefied that I don't actually like anything

only morons would like cartoons. they are for children

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Chicken Butt posted:

I'm not sure what a gigantic outer-space incest baby named Naruto was supposed to cause me to reevaluate. I certainly didn't reevaluate my opinion that the writers are just perma-crossfaded and throwing poo poo at the wall to make something stick.

Dude is from Manteca, the central California town literally named after lard, so it's always made a disturbing amount of sense to me that he made cartoon about what it's like to have an alcoholic grandpa. He didn't HAVE to go for the full "drunk cow-town grandpa" monty with the domestic violence and general creepiness, but I guess he either never got any pushback on his behavior or he was always too loaded to remember it.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
It is kinda weird that we know this much about people who make TV shows. Don't get me wrong, I am glad he is facing justice. But we used to know nothing about anyone but the stars. It is a good thing

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I would have loved to know more about Wonder Woman in battle of the network stars.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

It is kinda weird that we know this much about people who make TV shows. Don't get me wrong, I am glad he is facing justice. But we used to know nothing about anyone but the stars. It is a good thing

Tabloid Print Media has entered the chat

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I like cartoons, the ones I was enjoying were mainly Inside Job and Disenchantment. Inside Job got cancelled which is a bummer. Disenchantment has been fun but I'm especially engaged because the creators are very clear that there's an end to the show, and we're about half way now. Knowing the story is planned enough that they know when they're ending it is good.

Rick and Morty is a show. That's what I got for that.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Bonzo posted:

Tabloid Print Media has entered the chat

could you word it better?

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

syntaxfunction posted:

I like cartoons, the ones I was enjoying were mainly Inside Job and Disenchantment. Inside Job got cancelled which is a bummer. Disenchantment has been fun but I'm especially engaged because the creators are very clear that there's an end to the show, and we're about half way now. Knowing the story is planned enough that they know when they're ending it is good.

Rick and Morty is a show. That's what I got for that.

Inside Job is very good and it's a shame it's been dumpstered.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

could you word it better?

The National Enquirer has entered the chat.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFzyk0h0Jyk

Nanana

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Powerful Katrinka posted:

Does it even matter whether the police care when the courts won't do anything? In the UK at least it's almost impossible to prove, takes years for a court slot, and results in like a £200 fine and 3 months prison.

The police are glorified security guards because god knows there's no point gathering evidence about who did a crime

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

KitConstantine posted:

How can you think this dude doesn't respect women? He's so polite to them in private
https://twitter.com/AllieGoertz/status/1614098722673287168?t=nFilqdfWwnxWePjD-rsqLw&s=19
Quelle suprise

Edit: screenshot in case

I'd love to loving smash this bloke one day

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

and date rape

Strategic Tea posted:

Does it even matter whether the police care when the courts won't do anything? In the UK at least it's almost impossible to prove, takes years for a court slot, and results in like a £200 fine and 3 months prison.

The police are glorified security guards because god knows there's no point gathering evidence about who did a crime

True, I should say "the justice system doesn't care about domestic violence and sexual assault"

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

my little pony is actually the only respectable cartoon to watch as an adult

Lower Decks is alright

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Who is the Twitter lady, is she like his/was his friend? Or just like someone who was working on rick and Morty and he was sending her that stuff? Cause big ol' lol if she was just like casual acquaintance who worked in same office as him and he is out there getting drunk and shooting off f slurs in texts to her

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

Beavis & Butthead is actually the only respectable cartoon to watch as an adult

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Nooner posted:

Who is the Twitter lady, is she like his/was his friend? Or just like someone who was working on rick and Morty and he was sending her that stuff? Cause big ol' lol if she was just like casual acquaintance who worked in same office as him and he is out there getting drunk and shooting off f slurs in texts to her

Honestly I hope to have a boss like that some day.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Nooner posted:

southpark was good for a long rear end time goons just like to dump on it now because they dont like Trey and Matt so obviously the show is garbage and always was garbage and i never thought it was funny in the first place i dont know anyone who did i am very smart

South Park is funnier than Rick and Morty. R&M is OK humor, but when it has tried to drift into Drama, with the different timelines and Rick's drama with his wife and stuff, it feels up its own rear end, and it's not nearly as bad as it could be if they went all in with it. Trey and Matt's politics are bad, but as far as we know they are less monstrous on a personal level than either Harmon or Roiland

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Bad Purchase posted:

those dms are pretty bad, but if we were to hold him responsible for it, that would be cancel culture i’m afraid

I mean the texts don't matter IMO because he's charged with felony assault and battery, that's worse than any text message could be

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Best cartoon was The Critic and I'm still bummed it didn't get more seasons.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Vakal posted:

Best cartoon was The Critic and I'm still bummed it didn't get more seasons.

Duke Phillips is my spirit animal.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Bonzo posted:

The National Enquirer has entered the chat.

That's better

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

only morons would like cartoons. they are for children

We post on a forum, we are the children

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

CharlestheHammer posted:

We post on a forum, we are the children

what?
No!
the internet is for adults. What kind of parent would let their kids use the internet

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

what?
No!
the internet is for adults. What kind of parent would let their kids use the internet

90’s parents. Also 2020’s parents.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Nigmaetcetera posted:

90’s parents. Also 2020’s parents.

No poo poo dude. I was playing dumb. Don't ruin the joke

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

No poo poo dude. I was playing dumb. Don't ruin the joke