Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Could Jim Gaffigan make a joke so fat even he could not eat it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

KPC_Mammon posted:

So is Louis CK ok if he hates himself enough?

Edit: as someone who was sexually abused as a kid I didn't need that plot point. gently caress anyone for defending it and that show.

there is actually a storyline about Sgt. Hatred where he wants to kill himself. Because he wants to gently caress kids. If you want to gently caress kids, talk to a therapist, and get help

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

completely inappropriate response to the post you quoted :wtc:

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Lol cartoonz

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUuo3PhoXs0

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Carl Stalling beat his wife

No he didnt

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
While I love venture brothers, maybe, just maybe, we don’t litigate sgt hatred.

We do need to litigate where Triana Orpheus went

yes I know it’s Hammer’s ex but like, she’s not fuckin Shelley Miscavige

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

KPC_Mammon posted:

So is Louis CK ok if he hates himself enough?

Louis CK did pedo stuff? I though the accusation was he jerked off with sara silverman as a child, when he was also a child himself
or something, but never any adult/child pairing.

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?

rotinaj posted:

Why does every head shop have rick and morty glass pipes for sale

I bet if the modern day weed boom happened in 2000, it would be South Park glass

"would be"? Dude they had south park bongs all over the headshops in WNY when I was in college in the Bad Old Illegal times. It hasn't slowed down, here's a Chef dab rig

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Lennon should be canceled. OK, he's already dead, but given how he's one of music's biggest assholes I always thought it hypocritical that he seems to get a pass for behavior that would never be forgiven if he wasn't a peaceful hippy icon or whatever.

He did get shot to death at a relatively young age, so there's that. I believe that's a form of cancel culture.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Cabbages and Kings posted:

He did get shot to death at a relatively young age, so there's that. I believe that's a form of cancel culture.

Yeah kids these days are pussies. Cancelling someone used to MEAN something.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

DickParasite posted:

Yeah kids these days are pussies. Cancelling someone used to MEAN something.

so you're saying the only person to be really cancelled in the modern age was shinzo abe?

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

teen witch posted:

While I love venture brothers, maybe, just maybe, we don’t litigate sgt hatred.

We do need to litigate where Triana Orpheus went

yes I know it’s Hammer’s ex but like, she’s not fuckin Shelley Miscavige

She went off to magic college and got out of the orbit of all those sad sacks. I'm sure we would have seen more of her if the voice actor wanted to return/Hammer wanted her to return, but there's not much more to tell with her. Dean hosed it.

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

arsenicCatnip posted:

so you're saying the only person to be really cancelled in the modern age was shinzo abe?

https://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/data-and-analysis/global-study-on-homicide.html

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

My Spirit Otter posted:

names have to be used in every line where rick and morty are talking to each other because he doesnt even try to change his voice

If they use Tracy Morgan they can change every time one of them says "Rick" or "Morty" to "Rick and Morty".

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb7j1UVTRu8

Average

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

there is actually a storyline about Sgt. Hatred where he wants to kill himself. Because he wants to gently caress kids. If you want to gently caress kids, talk to a therapist, and get help

Hatred trying to suppress his sexual urges is a pretty major part of his character. He's just about the only sympathetic portrayal of a pedophile in fiction that I can think of. Because he understands his attraction to young boys is morally wrong, and he is deeply ashamed of it.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I just can't figure out why they cancelled venture brothers after not delivering any content after being paid for years, I can't understand why they would stop paying those guys after not producing any content for 7 years

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

Hatred trying to suppress his sexual urges is a pretty major part of his character. He's just about the only sympathetic portrayal of a pedophile in fiction that I can think of. Because he understands his attraction to young boys is morally wrong, and he is deeply ashamed of it.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

I sigh and add Venture Bros. to the list of things threads can't discuss without self-destructing.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
It’s fine I don’t think anybody is melting down. The pedophile jokes were pretty love/hate at the time too.

The show has always made comedic hay out of the really awful behavior of the characters and that’s part of why it’s funny. In the prom episode rusty tries to drug a bunch of women for sex purposes but his lovely homemade Spanish fly turns them all into fly monsters that try to eat them. Hilarious

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Ah poo poo. I just got a pm informing me that they were actually ephebophile jokes. Sorry everyone

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

MrQwerty posted:

I just can't figure out why they cancelled venture brothers after not delivering any content after being paid for years, I can't understand why they would stop paying those guys after not producing any content for 7 years

The showrunners did every single thing they could possibly do themselves themselves iirc. Venture Bros is simultaneously one of the great arguments for and great arguments against auteurism.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Crespolini posted:

Louis CK did pedo stuff? I though the accusation was he jerked off with sara silverman as a child, when he was also a child himself
or something, but never any adult/child pairing.

he didnt do any pedo poo poo he just asked ladies who worked for/with him if it was cool if he jerked off while they were around him and then uhh just kinda whipped it out and jerked off which seems like some sort of behavior that would make you worried about like a brain tumor or some sort of TBI, but nothing to give the guy a blue star over

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

lmao

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

loving Moron posted:

Just cancel Rick and Morty and give it's budget to The Venture Bros.

Yump.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Bismack Billabongo posted:

In the prom episode rusty Morty tries to drug a bunch of women Jessica for sex purposes but his lovely homemade Spanish fly love potion turns them all into fly monsters Cronenbergs that try to eat them. Hilarious

Lol okay I never got into VB but it sure seems like Roiland and Harmon were fans.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Louis CK can play Morty then and Srgt. Hatred can be Rick.

Sarah can be Beth and John Lennon is the new Jerry

Last part might be kinda hard, but maybe Paul McCarthy can cover for him again

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

MrQwerty posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about?

Cancelled September 2020

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fF30D-NadM

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Lol the comments in that fuckin thing

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Over 50% of domestic abuse situations the women antagonise and even physically attack first.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Cabbages and Kings posted:

"would be"? Dude they had south park bongs all over the headshops in WNY when I was in college in the Bad Old Illegal times. It hasn't slowed down, here's a Chef dab rig

This is the kind of wholesome content this thread needs, thank you

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Nooner posted:

he didnt do any pedo poo poo he just asked ladies who worked for/with him if it was cool if he jerked off while they were around him and then uhh just kinda whipped it out and jerked off which seems like some sort of behavior that would make you worried about like a brain tumor or some sort of TBI, but nothing to give the guy a blue star over

no i don't think it was his employees, and i'm sure silverman was involved in some way. i'm not crazy, i remember that detail

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
all I heard was pancakes but there's a 50% chance I'm wrong

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Crespolini posted:

no i don't think it was his employees, and i'm sure silverman was involved in some way. i'm not crazy, i remember that detail

He asked if he could do his thing in front of her and she said yes so he did. She was not bothered by it.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Lol she started it I just had to hit her

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Nigmaetcetera posted:

He asked if he could do his thing in front of her and she said yes so he did. She was not bothered by it.

right, right, so i remembered essentially right anyway. my brain works.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
The rumor is, supposedly, the only thing Justin Roiland has done is voice characters since season 3, and occasionally comes up with some idea that they will work in. In at least the last season (again rumor), he did all the voice work from his home basement, since he is no longer welcome in the writer's room due to alleged sexual misconduct. The issues with him have been known but not been public for quite some time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ0Yn1fqugg

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Lol I have to get super drunk to play a character I made up TV

My rear end is high functioning too

Fart belch fall on face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006