Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Woo it's back!

Going to watch later this afternoon.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
So, two things. Firstly it looked kind of like you were attempting to waterboard Shifty when you first met him. :v:

Secondly, is that a book called "Disney War" you're mentioning? It sounds interesting. Tell me more, please.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

PurpleXVI posted:

So, two things. Firstly it looked kind of like you were attempting to waterboard Shifty when you first met him. :v:

Secondly, is that a book called "Disney War" you're mentioning? It sounds interesting. Tell me more, please.

I have this in my "to-read" stack: https://www.amazon.com/DisneyWar-James-B-Stewart/dp/0743267095

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

I'd also recommend:
The Animated Man: A Life of Walt Disney
Disney's Land: Walt Disney and the Invention of the Amusement Park That Changed the World
Walt Disney's Mickey Mouse. The Ultimate History. 40th Ed.
Wild Minds: The Artists and Rivalries that Inspired the Golden Age of Animation

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Let me add https://www.amazon.com/Disney-Version-Life-Times-Commerce-ebook/dp/B07P5HLR7W/

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
The thing on his arm is actually a disc thrower, something used for frisbees and the like to generate more speed/stability in the throw.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

meanwhile, the TTC has permanently shut down the Scarborough LRT because it never got the maintenance it needed, and now a whole bunch of people are stuck with replacement busses for years until the subway line extension finishes (assuming that actually happens)

thanks, rob ford!

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Just want to say I've been loving this LP, fantastic work!

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Smik posted:

Just want to say I've been loving this LP, fantastic work!

Thank you so much!

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

A belated happy 96th birthday to Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, whose first public cartoon “Trolley Troubles” debuted on September 5, 1927!

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Tron is one of those properties I always forget is a Disney IP.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I do like that they went with the "classic" - as much as TRON can have that - style of TRON with the grey suits and colour lines. It's too bad TRON never really had much to connect with besides its visuals so Disney's attempted reboot was probably doomed from the start. The short lived Uprising cartoon that came out after the movie was pretty good at least.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Go directly to Bunny Jail. Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 e-tickets.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.
In retrospect, my going on a tangent about Disney origin story movies was a bit off. While I had the Maleficent and Cruella movies specifically in mind, Pan and Wonka are actually Warner Bros films, seeing as A) Peter Pan is a public domain character, and B) the previous Willy Wonka films were made by Paramount and Warner, respectively.

Still, weird trend.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Lactose intolerance plays a key role in today's video. I'm not joking.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

This Let's Play is Under New Management. We apologize for the inconvenience and loud bird noises.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I did not expect that gamer reference. It's been years.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I think what Gabe the pirate didn't know specifically is why he was thrown in jail.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

re: "Music has charms to soothe a savage breast" - that's the correct quote, from the play The Mourning Bride by William Congreve. i forget why it's always quoted as "beast" now but i wouldn't be surprised if it's a bowdlerization

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

I’m away from my computer at the moment so I can’t do the usual fancy image update post, but here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmgYKaRGk_c

In today’s episode we take on animatronic Captain Hook, and maybe we can even make him walk the plank…

I’ve also been gathering a collection of some absolutely wild stuff from DeviantArt that was posted between late 2009 (when the concept art was leaked) and the game’s official announcement in 2010. At some point I’ll have to turn that into a compendium in the thread proper.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

Pete Pan... was... a thing.

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

A wonderful thing.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

berryjon posted:

Pete Pan... was... a thing.

Pete Pan is a beautiful boy and I will hear no slander against him.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Sorry folks, no update this week. I just haven’t had time to do any editing.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Again, really sorry about these delays but hopefully I can get back on track.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Even though I don't really like Disney stuff, I've been greatly enjoying this series and all the great research done to figure out... all the great research that was done to make the game :v:

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

We may be a few weeks late for Halloween, but there are plenty of spooks to be had at Lonesome Manor.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

let the mad doctor sing you cowards

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I still wish they went with the Phantom Blot, and not this Blot. Because I'm old like that, and Kingdom Herats ruined "Mickey vs Black coat"

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Only three videos left! (plus one or two postscript videos showing off the opening hours of Epic Mickey 2)

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
So okay Eisner is a complicated issue for Disney history that Kevin Perjurer is more qualified to explain in detail but basically following the death of Walt Disney himself, his company was not doing well financially as the old guard were too concerned with following the mantra "What Would Walt Do?" which resulted in creative stagnation leading to poor film performances.

This wound up getting so bad that Disney was just barely able to fight off a corporate takeover which was when Michael Eisner and Jeffrey Katzenberg were hired to effectively save the company with The Great Mouse Detective, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Oliver & Company and Little Mermaid being the earliest films of what would be known as the Disney Renaissance with Eisner looking to make the 90s the Disney Decade.

Unfortunately the late 90s would not be kind to Michael Eisner as concerns arose internally, particularly from himself and Roy E. Disney, about Katzenberg taking too much credit for the success of Disney's animated releases and was now eyeing the position of president of the company, which came to a head with the passing of Frank Wells resulting in the falling out between Eisner and Katzenberg that would mark the 2000s.

To make matters worse as this was going on, the infamous disaster that was Euro Disneyland happened along with a failed attempt to create a park in Virginia, the failed DisneyQuest chain and California Adventure.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Only four videos left, and they’re all edited! That means double updates for the next two weeks as we wrap things up.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Updates will be on Saturday and Wednesday until the end of the LP.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

And with that, we have officially beaten the game! Stay tuned in a few days for an extra video about Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two.