Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I hope this makes like Earthworm Jim and for every gremlin you launch into the sky for money they came crashing down on top of you at the end of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I think killing is killing in Deus Ex, whether by you or otherwise, but Agent 47 on the other hand would approve of the clean hands approach.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I'm not sure the friendly clocktower is any better than the unfriendly one! Attempts at smashing aside.

Beartaco posted:

I'd not actually seen Steamboat Willie before. It's a lot more raunchy than I expected. It has Mickey lifting up Minnie's skirt and pulling her onto the boat by her underwear. Then there's the extended animal bothering scene which has Mickey swinging a cat around by its tail.

Were the old Mickey Mouse cartoons always like this?

I've never really known for sure if my brain is making this up but I have a memory in my head of a Goofy short (probably in his George Geef years) where at some point Goofy contemplates suicide maybe??? Like after a particularly hard day at work he finds himself at the ocean during a storm and is being compelled by a hallucinated voice to walk into the water. He eventually refuses. Its such a clear memory but my brain must be making that up right?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

theenglishman posted:

I think I've found what you're talking about. Content warning for suicide, obviously.

In The Goofy Success Story from 1955, we see Goofy's humble beginnings as an actor. He has a popular career until he's snubbed at the non-trademark-violating Academy Awards.

After the show, he contemplates drowning himself in the ocean.

It's a clear homage to the 1954 version of A Star is Born, where something very similar happens to James Mason's character. It's the 50's version of making a "Mr. Stark, I don't feel so good" joke.

As for "George Geef", this cartoon predates that name, as Goofy's birth name is Dippy Dog here. Probably another reference to A Star is Born as the same thing happens to Judy Garland's character (and Janet Gaynor's character in the 1937 original)

Its amazing how self aware, self deprecating, but self fellating Hollywood can be simultaneously.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I do like that they went with the "classic" - as much as TRON can have that - style of TRON with the grey suits and colour lines. It's too bad TRON never really had much to connect with besides its visuals so Disney's attempted reboot was probably doomed from the start. The short lived Uprising cartoon that came out after the movie was pretty good at least.