Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Oh cool, I remember reading a lot about this series in Nintendo Power but never cared enough to get it. I think the funniest part of this game's development isn't that it was made by the creative team of Deus Ex (though that is pretty funny), but that Disney didn't have the rights to Oswald the Lucky Rabbit at the time. NBC had the rights. Now, obviously, Disney could've probably just bought the rights back if they really wanted them. But ESPN in the mid-2000s was trying to get Al Michaels, an NFL announcer under ABC contract, to join them for Monday Night Football, so the ESPN president called Disney president Bob Iger to see if Michaels was available. Iger said that he'd trade Al Michaels for the rights to Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. The ESPN president was able to get approval from Universal Pictures who owned the rights because Oswald was designed by Walt Disney for Universal Pictures in the 1920s, and so, for perhaps the first and only time in recorded history, a living person was traded for the rights to a cartoon character.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/12750497/how-espn-traded-al-michaels-oswald-rabbit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Take your time.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Even though I don't really like Disney stuff, I've been greatly enjoying this series and all the great research done to figure out... all the great research that was done to make the game :v: