Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
the bat was way cooler than the gorilla. also same with crocodile megatron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i think its funny that orson welles was in a transformers movie

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

lobster shirt posted:

i think its funny that orson welles was in a transformers movie

even funnier that his character loves to eat

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

it was his last roll, unicron's death rattle is well's death rattle

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

also communist black list lionel stander was kup

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

The Voice of Labor posted:

it was his last roll, unicron's death rattle is well's death rattle

unfortunately he died in production so that last line was delivered by Leonard Nemoy

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Hot Rod did nothing wrong!!!

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

War and Pieces posted:

unfortunately he died in production so that last line was delivered by Leonard Nemoy

they just tell you that so that the engineer who recorded the fat man dying instead of rendering aid doesn't get sued

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

War and Pieces posted:

incredible lore here

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Barry Foster posted:

Hot Rod did nothing wrong!!!

If I had a chance to gently caress off to outer space with the only hot babe in the show I would do it too

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

in the idw comics arcee is a vengeance driven psychopath because one of the robot mad scientists forcibly male to female robot transitioned her

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
what did hotrod do. sorry my lore is lacking in g1 arena

in the idw comics arcee is a vengeance driven psychopath because one of the robot mad scientists forcibly male to female robot transitioned her

lmfao

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Besides the name, kids hated Rodimus Prime because he got Optimus killed and was a less one dimensional leader and most importantly had a lovely toy.

Thankfully he knows how to bow out gracefully and leaves the show, Poochie like, to find a new planet when Cybertron gets blown up.

Nothing tops Marvel UK Arcee being made by the genderless Autobots to appease Second Wave Feminists

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

War and Pieces posted:

Besides the name, kids hated Rodimus Prime because he got Optimus killed and was a less one dimensional leader and most importantly had a lovely toy.

Thankfully he knows how to bow out gracefully and leaves the show, Poochie like, to find a new planet when Cybertron gets blown up.

Nothing tops Marvel UK Arcee being made by the genderless Autobots to appease Second Wave Feminists

i thought rodimus prime was loving ghastly when i saw the movie. shoulda let ultramagnus keep it. Hot Rod is loving fail as gently caress. SHUT THE gently caress UP BITCH

e: you're right he is insanely Poochie.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i like big tough robots like optimus but i also thnik it would be cool if there were more hot girl robots. many sides to consider here

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

rodimus prime spent the entirety of his leadership moping and bemoaning how he was a failure and could never live up to optimus. like a robot malenkov

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I can't find it right now but rodimus prime was also based on a real life prototype space winnebago

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

he's an emo loser who takes the first chance he can get to just give up and go away

hot rod rocks... just don't ask him what he was doing in Japan in 2006

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Smythe posted:

i like big tough robots like optimus but i also thnik it would be cool if there were more hot girl robots. many sides to consider here

If M3gan was a transformer

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
mayor dave i havent seen this movie but she appears to be 7 years old or something. please remove this post

im strongly advising you to remove it, its bad!!!!!!!!!!! and you will be punished!!!!!!!!!! RIGHTFULLY SO!!!!

Smythe has issued a correction as of 21:51 on Jan 14, 2023

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Sorry, sorry, I'm trying to remove it

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

War and Pieces posted:

I vaguely remember a scan of the letter column where the title for one correspondence was like "no boobs for our bots?"

they don't reproduce sexually so there's gently caress all reason for sexual dimorphism

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

well you see some of them have "male" souls and some of them have "female" souls

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

the spark of an airbrush in the alt mode of a killutron 4000

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

transformers but they turn into various pocket pussies

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

lobster shirt posted:

transformers but they turn into various pocket pussies

Lol

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Had no idea transformers was this full of lorem I figured it was just the one cartoon and then the movies

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Smythe posted:

mayor dave i havent seen this movie but she appears to be 7 years old or something. please remove this post

im strongly advising you to remove it, its bad!!!!!!!!!!! and you will be punished!!!!!!!!!! RIGHTFULLY SO!!!!

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformers:_Kiss_Players_(franchise)

now that qcs is closed, maybe you should try and get a position moderating japan

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
you should try to get a position extreming japan

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

in the cartoon optimus prime die from combat with megatron and leadership is passed via divine lineage to hot rod.

in the marvel comics, prime dies because he incurs an unacceptable number of virtual civilian casualties while playing a game of civilization against megatron and decides that suicide is the only proper atonement. this begins a war of succession between grimlock and blaster. blaster and his supporters flee first to space then to mexico where he is stabbed to death with a climbing pick by comos

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

it's ok tho Optimus comes back then dies and comes back again and dies and comes back as a 19 year old Japanese American truck driver

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Mayor Dave posted:

If M3gan was a transformer

Reminder that Megan Fox's character in the Bayformers movies is named Michaela Banes

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Fuckin Ravage comes back as a KGB agent in beast wars

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

there was backlash against making girl transformers so one of the writers was like okay they’re all gay then. and now they’re gay. they don’t have dicks or anything though. they just become couples purely romantically and are like “for you, I am Gaybot.” this is actually canon

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Best Friends posted:

there was backlash against making girl transformers so one of the writers was like okay they’re all gay then. and now they’re gay. they don’t have dicks or anything though. they just become couples purely romantically and are like “for you, I am Gaybot.” this is actually canon

LGBTformers

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The latest cartoon has a canon nonbinary Transformer apparently.

Also I've said it before but there's fuckloads of Optimus/Megatron slash and I can see why, those two ALWAYS have messy ex energy

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Transformers has always been like a gateway to slash and smut because they don't actually have dicks so it's not gay to think about

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

War and Pieces posted:

Transformers has always been like a gateway to slash and smut because they don't actually have dicks so it's not gay to think about

The first five minutes of the first cartoon has bumblebee pulling into wheeljack's tailgate, c'mon!

PerniciousKnid has issued a correction as of 19:17 on Jan 15, 2023

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
I don't truck with all the newfangled transformers politics. The deceptions are fascists, the autobots are the resistance, energy is scarce, that's all I need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

PerniciousKnid posted:

I don't truck with all the newfangled transformers politics. The deceptions are fascists, the autobots are the resistance, energy is scarce, that's all I need.

pretty sure the autobots have always enslaved the decepticons although they (the decepticons) have indeed always been genocidal fascists as well... complicated politics....