Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

when tranformers are "born" they grow to maturity in less than two weeks.

coincidentally there are very few libertarian transformers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

The Voice of Labor posted:

when tranformers are "born" they grow to maturity in less than two weeks.

coincidentally there are very few libertarian transformers

Reminds me of when Optimus created the Arialbots and told them about fighting robot fascists and they were like "hey man that sounds like you're censoring Megatron's free speech, maybe he just loves radical freedom".

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

because everyone was dying in a forever war, transformers gave up on the magic of nature and just started straight up building more transformers. as the war dragged on they switched over to mass production. the comic book explanation for the seekers being redecos of the same mold has the consequence that a large percentage of the cybtertronian population are generic made for war bots. like in the video games where there are hundreds and thousands of the same 3 or 4 basic enemy types. being built solely for war, we can assume they also have problems adapting to civilian robot life. there's not much of a civilian role for a tank or a bomber outside of police work. and it's not like the cybertron v.a. and employment bureau has to deal with a few tanks here and there, it's like 1/4 of the population.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Crusader posted:

ghost-based laws of succession

when it comes to finding wacky comics, using a Scioli written one is cheating

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

PerniciousKnid posted:

I'd rather just have a transforming vehicle like Miles Mayhem, myself. Being a robot sounds like a pain.

Edit: Not Switchblade though it sucks.

The comics actually had MASK using knockoff Cybertronian technology

Oglethorpe posted:

the reboot of beast wars will feature mammoricons and cloacons

Cue the most morally suspect monotremes since Sonic the Hedgehog

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Colonel Cancer posted:

They pee used engine oil and poo poo nuclear waste, do NOT let transmorphers
Into your bathroom

Remember when an Autobot pissed on Shia LaBeouf

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Atrocious Joe posted:

He doesn't seem that wacky to me.
https://twitter.com/tomscioli/status/1582761303755882496

Edit: Well, I guess he did draw Megatron as a lefty.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Ghost Leviathan posted:

no but i remember a decepticon thing humping Megan Fox

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Atrocious Joe posted:

not if the oeuvre is transformers comics. transformers vs gi joe is one of the more normal ones. the conceit is that it's a kid's notepad comic about their toys. most everything else, the conceit is to come up with weird scifi premises to rationally explain away particularities about 80s toys and toy commercials and then make it all edgy and grim dark.

james roberts mary sues himself as the reborn originator of the race

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Rung_(G1)

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

His rival is a psychiatrist named Froid.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

the d'n'd to cspam's megatron

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Cy-Kill_(disambiguation)

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I think every single piece of lore posted in here is wrong in some way. I'm going to let loose on all of you with my Living Metal Destroying Cannon.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

not if the oeuvre is transformers comics. transformers vs gi joe is one of the more normal ones. the conceit is that it's a kid's notepad comic about their toys. most everything else, the conceit is to come up with weird scifi premises to rationally explain away particularities about 80s toys and toy commercials and then make it all edgy and grim dark.

The real fun is how Rung single-handedly presented a headache for the Cybertronian caste system that organised everyone by alternate mode in what's totally not basically the techno-organic alien equivalent of phrenology, because no one could figure out what his alt mode actually was. So they made u- 'discovered' a new category just for him.

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Ornament_class

Fsmhunk posted:

I think every single piece of lore posted in here is wrong in some way. I'm going to let loose on all of you with my Living Metal Destroying Cannon.

It's true. All of it. Especially the lies.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

The only true canon is that Takara timeline from 2008 that tried to shoehorn the Micheal Bay movie into Japanese G1

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

remember when that robot had big swinging balls in the sequel

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
Remember when the least-stupid toy movie was the one that had a fight scene with Eric Idle backed by a Weird Al song?

They should've made Mark sing The Touch again.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

yeah except it should've been a cool mark like mark mothersbaugh or mark hamill

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Gobots were the superior cartoon and toyline because Crasher was neat.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Failson posted:

Gobots were the superior cartoon and toyline because Crasher was neat.

Good thing that Hasbro bought the naming and character rights (but not the image and rights which I believe still belongs to Bandai's Machine Robo) and have incorporated her into the Transformers mythos.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's true. All of it.

in a universe where rumble can be both blue and red all lore is canon. even the obvious troll fanfiction

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5714348/1/Love-Beyond-Circuits-Love-Beyond-Flesh

soon disney will acquire hasbro and the disney singularity will produce a glossy hollywood enactment of love beyond circuits love beyond flesh

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Jenny Agutter posted:

remember when that robot had big swinging balls in the sequel

when none of its component parts had any kind of crane

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Ghost Leviathan posted:

when none of its component parts had any kind of crane

ugh that dumb gag never bothered me but now THIS discrepancy ruins it

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

colossal mechanoid slugs inhabit the core of cybertron and function as the planet's immune system. optimus, iron hide and war path ride them like fremen riding sandworms

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

colossal mechanoid slugs inhabit the core of cybertron and function as the planet's immune system. optimus, iron hide and war path ride them like fremen riding sandworms

is this true ??

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Not sure about riding them but yeah the deeper you go the more hosed up monsters you for untill you get to the bottom and find God.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

transformer politics are carbrained as hell, op

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
maybe not the thread for it but you ever notice how in the song "Magic Bus" the guy isn't content to just ride the bus but has to buy it? the guy who drives the bus even tells him he can't buy it, and then he buys it anyway. now all the other people who rode that bus have to find a new way to get to their bay-bay.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
On Cybertron that would be considered slavery.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Smythe posted:

is this true ??

yes. it happens transformers: war for cybertron so it's officially produced media

in a universe where rumble can be both blue and red all lore is canon

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Zodium posted:

This is Team Bullet Train erasure

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Do you think energon is made out of ancient robot dinosaurs?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Nah it's just modern day dinobots rendered down. Ancient robot dinosaurs are just a scam made up by robo-satan

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Weka posted:

Do you think energon is made out of ancient robot dinosaurs?

It's made from Earth oil and somehow just naturally occurring on Cybertron?

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Colonel Cancer posted:

Nah it's just modern day dinobots rendered down. Ancient robot dinosaurs are just a scam made up by robo-satan

i was gonna post that satan fossil skit where he's planting bones and poo poo but it looks like it disappeared from the internet

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

it's transformers. make up what ever you want but the people who are paid to make up the lore have and will come up with something dumber and weirder

tfwiki posted:

True energon is an emanation of Primus, the creator-god of the Transformers, and is, in its most rarefied state, the basic building block of Transformers' bodies and sparks.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Transformers run on God's cum.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Weka posted:

Transformers run on God's cum.

thread title

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Zodium posted:

Ironically Cybertron has no parking lots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

There's also Dark Energon, which is Satan's cum

Also Earth might be basically a ball of dust built around dormant giant robot Satan