Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
ROLL CALL OF CURRENT CHAMPIONS

World Champion: Josh Alexander
No, Bully Ray wasn't going to win the title, you loving marks. The Walking Weapon keeps on winning, getting ever closer to 305 days as champion, which would pass Jeff Jarrett's Reign of Terror (as currently recognized by the NWA) as longest primary title reign in Impact Wrestling history. If he is still champion by No Surrender, he will have that going for him. Then you've got the de jure Reign of Terror, 349 days, which would be passed on April 5th. If he wants to get there, he'll probably have to get past Steve Maclin, whom has been on a tear in recent months.

World Tag Team Champions: The Motor City Machine Guns
In a quiet shock, Alex Shelly and Chris Sabin retained the titles in a four-team elimination match. I don't know who exactly is lined up for the next shot.

X-Division Champion: Trey Miguel
The dastardly rascal Miguel kept his spray-painted belt after using the very substance in the eyes of challenger Black Taurus. I'd wager that KUSHIDA gets the next crack at the title, but that's just me, wanting to see cool matches.

Knockouts World Champion: Mickie James
When James came to the ring with a big neon sign saying "I'm winning", we all should have seen her become a five-time champion. Masha Slamovich awaits, but I don't know if her career still depends on her keeping on winning. We shall see!

Knockouts World Tag Team Champions: The Death Dollz
I don't know what happened, but the pre-show match that Rosemary, Jessicka, and Taya Valkyrie were supposed to have didn't happen. As such, I can't speculate on future challengers.

Digital Media Champion: Joe Hendry
Hendry ALMOST lost the title to Moose, but new Director of Authority SANTINO MARELLA demanded a restart to the match due to Moose having won via nut shot. I GUESS Eddie Edwards could challenge? (clap clap)

NEXT PAY-PER-VIEW: Rebellion
April 16th (a Sunday!) from Toronto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hard to Kill developments:

The only title change was the most important one, Mickie doing it in front of her family in the main event
https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1614108014667087873

Masha Slamovich is #1 contender, so Mickie's career could definitely still be in immediate jeopardy
PCO's back
So is Kazarian, who's signed long-term
Also signed is Santino Marella, the new Director of Authority
https://twitter.com/shopimpactdeals/status/1614086102033338369

And here's the Don West tribute
https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1614066354633555969

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Bound For Glory announced for Chicago on October 21, which is the farthest-out I can remember them announcing a show!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
This week's Bey/Ace Austin vs KUSHIDA/Kevin Knight match loving owned.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1623336442243031041?t=0TDlTZnpVD5WbENEpCh3Kw&s=19

itsnews
Jul 25, 2022

Hell yeah we get:
- Mike Bailey vs. Will Ospreay
- Josh Alexander vs. KUSHIDA
- Moose vs. Jeff Cobb

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Speedball vs. Osprey is gonna get all the stars.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Impact exercised a one-year contract option in Deonna Purrazzo's deal, which now expires Jan 1 2024

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Absolutely wild https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1623869135888195586

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
These Impact Plus specials have REALLY ramped up the past year.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

No Surrender is tonight

Deonna Purrazzo vs Gisele Shaw on the free preshow
Jonathan Gresham vs Speedball Mike Bailey on the free preshow
A live edition of Busted Open Radio, mandated by director of authority Santino Marella, between Bully Ray and Tommy Dreamer to talk through their issues
Frankie Kazarian vs Kon
Time Machine (KUSHIDA, Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin) vs Bullet Club (KENTA, Ace Austin and Chris Bey)
Brian Myers vs Heath vs PCO vs Steve Maclin in a fatal fourway for #1 contendership to the world title
Joe Hendry defends the Digital Media title against Moose in a Dot Combat hardcore match with technology-related weapons
Death Dollz (Taya Valkyrie and Jessicka) defend the Knockouts tag titles against The Hex (Allysin Kay and Marti Belle)
Mickie James defends the Knockouts title against Masha Slamovich
Josh Alexander defends the world title against Rich Swann

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

...a live edition of a radio show on a PPV? I will never understand this company but hey, at least they are giving away one of the few matches I'd want to watch

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

No Surrender developments:

All the champs retained
Ace Austin and Chris Bey are likely challenging for the tag titles since Austin pinned Chris Sabin
PCO is likely challenging for the X title after attacking Trey Miguel
Steve Maclin is #1 contender to Josh Alexander's world title
Bully Ray said he was inspired to apologize to Tommy Dreamer while he could after seeing Kevin Nash talk about Scott Hall posthumously. Dreamer said it must have been tough for someone like Ray to apologize, so he accepted; Ray then attacked him for saying that
https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1629315854671151104
Sami Callihan keeps loving things up for The Design

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

The result of Bubba/Bully Ray and Tommy Dreamer are going to have a bloody match is definitely something that does not tell you what year it is. There's at least 25 it's possible in.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Eddie Edwards extended and he told PWInsider he wants to retire with the company

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Watching last night, when was the last time MCMG worked a match as heels in Impact Wrestling? That was pretty interesting.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

"Wrestling Observer Jan 23 2006 Back Issue posted:

Spike TV this week finalized its decision not to put on a major show on 2/13, when Raw is preempted due to the Westminster Dog Show.

According to sources, Spike had pressured TNA into signing one more marquee superstar who would debut on the show, besides Sting, before they would approve the special, and TNA failed to do so. It's hard to figure out what they were expecting, because the only person available who would have fit their criteria was The Rock, and while we do know he's had communication with Jeff Jarrett, it's more along the lines of wanting his advice on the product. I don't believe Spike would have thought Brock Lesnar was a big enough name, and it's still a few weeks before they could even hope to open talks with him.

The move is the first real sign of a lack of full faith in TNA, and in particular its star power, because for months everyone had pointed to 2/13 as TNA's golden opportunity to reach new viewers. It's believed Spike's decision was that it didn't believe TNA was ready for a Monday night special. The fact that decision was made on a night without WWE programming shows the odds are not good at this point of getting the Monday night slot head-to-head with Raw that Jeff Jarrett, Sting, and others in the company have openly talked about as the ultimate company goal.

TNA had expected to get a special that night, and had not been told it wasn't happening, but over the past week most read the writing on the wall that since they weren't told it was, that time was running out and it wasn't going to happen. TNA was told that either UFC or them would get the slot and what was considered the prime night, being that people are creatures of habit, to get one of Spike's two properties a big audience figuring people committed to watching TV on Monday's could check them out if a bad ad campaign gets the word out. Spike, which is under contract for only four live fight UFC TV specials this year, wasn't going to add another one. It had been speculated they may air taped old UFC matches, but in doing so, that would totally drop the ball on an opportunity. Right now, there is no indication they will run anything other than normal programming.

i wonder how different 2006 tna is with brock

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

also lol

quote:

Matt Morgan, 28, was arrested by Louisville police on 1/13 for impersonating a police officer. According to police reports, Morgan used a police siren to pull over a woman motorist. When she didn't pull over, he started throwing objects at her car. Police were called and arrested the 6-9, 300 pounder. Morgan was released later that night and was at the TNA Final Resolution PPV and talked with management about working there. No final decision has been made regarding him and TNA

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://impactwrestling.com/2023/03/13/richard-schaefer-named-president-of-anthem-sports-group/

Scott D'Amore got promoted to president of Impact, Lou D'Angeli brought in as Marketing VP

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Miyu Yamashita is going to be at Multiverse United! :neckbeard:

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

KiLynn King signed with Impact. She was my favorite Dark regular, glad she'll be getting some shine.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Lumbermouth posted:

KiLynn King signed with Impact. She was my favorite Dark regular, glad she'll be getting some shine.

King owns, Impact is gonna be great for her. Easily a future Knockouts champ

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I just realized - the 1000th episode of Impact airs in October. How time flies.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

DLC Inc posted:

King owns, Impact is gonna be great for her. Easily a future Knockouts champ

Gail Kim was like "why wait?"

https://twitter.com/KiLynnKing/status/1636737194516791297?s=20

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

https://twitter.com/Himanshu_Doi/status/1638134063088250881
Speedball/Tanahashi is going to RULE

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

big fan of this current timeline

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1638284352311230464

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sacrifice is Friday night

Gisele Shaw vs Deonna Purrazzo
PCO vs Kenny King
Jonathan Gresham vs Speedball Mike Bailey
Tommy Dreamer vs Bully Ray in a Busted Open match
Joe Hendry defends the Digital Media title against Brian Myers
Trey Miguel defends the X title against Lince Dorado
Bullet Club (Ace Austin and Chris Bey) defend the tag titles against TMDK (Shane Haste and Bad Dude Tito)
Josh Alexander, Rich Swann and Kazarian vs Time Machine (KUSHIDA and the Motor City Machine Guns [Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin])

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Mickie James is hurt, apparently, so the rematch against Jordynne Grace is off for tomorrow. That's no good!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ah gently caress gently caress

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1639258358271148032

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

God drat, both of their top champions out for injury is brutal.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I mean it's obviously gonna be Maclin but I would kinda love putting the belt on KUSHIDA.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Dammit :(

At least he’s not losing in his hometown, which was probably going to happen.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
wtf. Bad day for Impact.

I'd be fine with KUSHIDA too. Surprised they aren't going to put it on Gresham or Bully.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
KUSHIDA and Maclin were both in line for title shots at the Impact x New Japan show and Rebellion, respectively, so it makes sense your two #1 contenders wrestle each other for the vacant title.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Edward Mass posted:

KUSHIDA and Maclin were both in line for title shots at the Impact x New Japan show and Rebellion, respectively, so it makes sense your two #1 contenders wrestle each other for the vacant title.

It makes sense. I'm just surprised it happened.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
It's very Lance Storm booking, if that's what you're talking about. You could have a sexier match-up, for sure, but then you'd be kayfabe screwing over one or both of the guys.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I'm bummed out for Maclin. Taking the belt off of Alexander after that reign would have absolutely made him.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Lumbermouth posted:

I'm bummed out for Maclin. Taking the belt off of Alexander after that reign would have absolutely made him.

Same, but also the classic "you might've won the title, but you haven't beaten me" trope will be right there to reestablish the Steve / Josh feud when Alexander is back.

The KO Title situation is interesting - Jordynne could easily take it back but I thought one of the reason she dropped it was because of the upcoming bodybuilding comps she taking part in; beside her there's Gisele (obviously being groomed for a future run), but it might be a bit too soon? My guess is they'll just use the Multiverse match as a way to crown a new champ (MiyuMiyuMiyu).

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
They’ve got to be careful with booking title matches for Multiverse United - it airs before the TV tapings they’re doing this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORNEY VAPE BRO
Jun 14, 2009

I will never not want to watch a PCO match because he always is gonna put it all on the line but I feel like he's trying to die in the ring every single match.