Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1639436989840896001/
Hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

:canada: Pipeline continues to deliver

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It's pretty cool to see a video package centred around being from Toronto! Good for Jody.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Mickie James isn't stripped of the title yet, but if she is unable to defend at Rebellion there will be a new champion. Jordynne Grace, already the #1 contender, will face the winner of the four-way taking place at Multiverse United, and if James is healthy it will be a triple threat match.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sacrifice developments:

All the current healthy champs retained
Mickie James is recovering from a broken rib. If she's cleared by Rebellion, she defends the Knockouts title as planned in a triple threat against Jordynne Grace and the winner of a fourway at the New Japan crossover show (Gisele Shaw vs Deonna Purrazzo vs Masha Slamovich vs Miyu Yamashita); if she's not, Grace and the fourway winner fight for the vacant belt and Mickie will give the belt to the new champ personally
Jody Threat signed
Bully Ray put former NHL hockey player Darren McCarty through a table
KUSHIDA made Steve Maclin tap out 3 weeks before they fight for the vacant world title

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Darren McCarty

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

Sacrifice developments:

All the current healthy champs retained
Mickie James is recovering from a broken rib. If she's cleared by Rebellion, she defends the Knockouts title as planned in a triple threat against Jordynne Grace and the winner of a fourway at the New Japan crossover show (Gisele Shaw vs Deonna Purrazzo vs Masha Slamovich vs Miyu Yamashita); if she's not, Grace and the fourway winner fight for the vacant belt and Mickie will give the belt to the new champ personally
Jody Threat signed
Bully Ray put former NHL hockey player Darren McCarty through a table
KUSHIDA made Steve Maclin tap out 3 weeks before they fight for the vacant world title

No force in nature will stop Bully Ray from putting D-listers through tables.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Impact is handling Joe Hendry perfectly. As a fan of his since ICW, he is an amazing comedy midcarder with loads of audience participation who could eventually be built up to main event matches that he can lose without losing credibility.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Lance Storm just said Alexander will be out 4-8 months, so hopefully he's back by Bound for Glory.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Multiverse United/crossover show with New Japan developments:

Champs (Trey Miguel and Bullet Club) retained
New Japan was otherwise dominant; Jeff Cobb beat Moose and Tanahashi beat Speedball in a great main event
Deonna Purrazzo fights Jordynne Grace and possibly Mickie James at Rebellion for the Knockouts title

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
KUSHIDA beat Lio also, but not sure which side you count him on, seeing as he's worked Impact more than NJPW since he got sick.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Edward Mass posted:

Lance Storm just said Alexander will be out 4-8 months, so hopefully he's back by Bound for Glory.

That dude needs to stay away from world titles, every time he wins one he gets hurt badly, same thing happened when he was AAW champ

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

El Gallinero Gros posted:

That dude needs to stay away from world titles, every time he wins one he gets hurt badly, same thing happened when he was AAW champ

He's been their ace for the past two years, I don't see how they COULDN'T keep him as champion as long as they did.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Congratulations to Sanada for becoming only the second former X Division Champion to win New Japan's highest honor.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Edward Mass posted:

Congratulations to Sanada for becoming only the second former X Division Champion to win New Japan's highest honor.

I was confused, went to Wikipedia to the list of champs and literally first ever champ: AJ Styles. :doh:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Gaz-L posted:

I was confused, went to Wikipedia to the list of champs and literally first ever champ: AJ Styles. :doh:

How the gently caress can you forget AJ Styles was in the X Division? That's like forgetting Jeff Jarrett was ever champion!

Also, Rebellion's card so far:
-Steve Maclin vs. KUSHIDA for the vacant Impact World Championship
-Bullet Club's ABC (c) vs. the Motor City Machine Guns in Ultimate X48 for the Impact World Tag Team Championship
-Trey Miguel (c) vs. "Speedball" Mike Bailey vs. Jonathan Gresham in an elimination match for the Impact X Division Championship
-Mickie James (c) (maybe) vs. Jordynne Grace vs. Deonna Purrazzo for the Impact Knockouts World Tag Team Championship
-The Coven vs. the Death Dollz for the Impact Knockouts World Tag Team Championship
-Team Bully vs. Team Dreamer in a 10-person Hardcore War
-The Design vs. Joe Hendry, Dirty Dango, and Santino Marella

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mickie's updating her status for the event by the end of next Impact. Would be nice if there weren't two title vacatings in two weeks, even if I think it's going back to Deonna either way

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Edward Mass posted:

How the gently caress can you forget AJ Styles was in the X Division? That's like forgetting Jeff Jarrett was ever champion!

Also, Rebellion's card so far:
-Steve Maclin vs. KUSHIDA for the vacant Impact World Championship
-Bullet Club's ABC (c) vs. the Motor City Machine Guns in Ultimate X48 for the Impact World Tag Team Championship
-Trey Miguel (c) vs. "Speedball" Mike Bailey vs. Jonathan Gresham in an elimination match for the Impact X Division Championship
-Mickie James (c) (maybe) vs. Jordynne Grace vs. Deonna Purrazzo for the Impact Knockouts World Tag Team Championship
-The Coven vs. the Death Dollz for the Impact Knockouts World Tag Team Championship
-Team Bully vs. Team Dreamer in a 10-person Hardcore War
-The Design vs. Joe Hendry, Dirty Dango, and Santino Marella

I think of AJ in the world title scene!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
CASKET MATCH (Eddie Edwards vs. PCO) AT REBELLION

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Mickie James trending on twitter Thursday night. Good for Impact!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

1glitch0 posted:

Mickie James trending on twitter Thursday night. Good for Impact!

It's because she had to vacate the title due to injury :smith:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1646695449112330249?s=20

:negative:

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Some strong hexes flying around the Impact zone lately, but somehow they were able to turn it around. I guess that's what you can do when you have long-term storytelling that you can build out off.

Mickie having to relinquish the belt sucks, but is kinda quite a fitting final (?) story beat. Also we're getting '23 Deonna and Jordynne getting to continue their long-standing rivalry? Sign me the gently caress up.

I know Maclin needs to win this, but holy hell the promos (and the crowd) is really making me want to see a Kushida run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Edward Mass posted:

It's because she had to vacate the title due to injury :smith:

Yeah that part sucks. She had a good little angle going there.