Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Great, the loving drug dealers beat us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Rename to The West Coast Ducks

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

thepokey posted:

Rename to The West Coast Ducks

At least it was a closer game than pretty much the entirety of last year

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Lol Chris Scott is so loving salty sometimes.

7 minute press conference and refused to give any praise to Melbourne for our performance. Not once, even when the reporters gave him the opportunity. Thought he was about to praise Petty but then said he felt some of his 9 marks "fell into his lap a bit".

Was asked about Max Gawn, said that "stats can be misleading"... then proceeded to rattle off some stats they apparently proved he wasn't that important.

Said that Geelong were "a bit off" and that it was pleasing they were in a chance to win it despite that. Nevermind the fact that we should've put them away easily in the second and fourth quarters.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Windmill Hut posted:

Lol Chris Scott is so loving salty sometimes.

7 minute press conference and refused to give any praise to Melbourne for our performance. Not once, even when the reporters gave him the opportunity. Thought he was about to praise Petty but then said he felt some of his 9 marks "fell into his lap a bit".

Was asked about Max Gawn, said that "stats can be misleading"... then proceeded to rattle off some stats they apparently proved he wasn't that important.

Said that Geelong were "a bit off" and that it was pleasing they were in a chance to win it despite that. Nevermind the fact that we should've put them away easily in the second and fourth quarters.

He really comes across as a guy who loves to huff his own farts over the last few years

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

This isn’t new. Both Scott’s have been huge crybabies.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Dogs having to rely on Bontempelli to take pack marks 4 deep to stay in touch on the scoreboard with the Hawks, not great signs

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Of all the games of football on this week, I could have watched I chose Saints vs North. ... I chose poorly.

BrigadierSensible fucked around with this message at 10:05 on May 5, 2024

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Good fixture next week. All of the current top 8 sides play each other, including a weird Friday night double fixture.

It does mean the remaining 5 games are pretty boring to neutrals, except perhaps Brisbane v Adelaide.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I think the Friday night double headers work OK when, as with next week, every team is from a different state.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

gabensraum posted:

I dunno I never thought much of Acres at the Saints or Freo. Sometimes players just don't click with any given club's style? In the other direction, Setterfield was a journeyman at Carlton but seems to be tearing it up at Essendon.

Dunno if Zac Williams or Fantasia were any good at their old clubs but I haven't been impressed with them at the Blues.

Setterfield is an inside mid who was behind Cripps, Kennedy, Hewitt and probably a few others. Being at the back of the queue he was being played on the wing which isn't really his go. At Essendon he's pretty much our only big midfielder so he gets plenty of midfield minutes and can play to his strengths.

At Essendon, Fantasia was a really good player between injuries, but he got injured a lot. When fit he was fast, decent over head, clean hands and an accurate kick for goal. I stopped paying attention when he went to Port a few years ago but I think it was much the same - flashes of brilliance between hamstring strains. I'd say all the soft tissue injuries have taken a toll over the years and he's lost a lot of zip.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Two ACLs in the same game for Brisbane (McCarthy and Gardiner) :smith:

Their next five games are Adelaide, Richmond, Hawthorn, Dogs and St Kilda. All very winnable games, particularly after Adelaide. Drop two of those and you would think their season is done, if it isn't already.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
I'm surprised Bevo hasn't been given the backing of the board yet

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Paracausal posted:

Apparently internally the only way he sticks around past this year is if we reach a prelim. Since that's not happening (and was a pipe dream to begin with) I hope we just stop wasting everybody's time and Bevo falls on his sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Paracausal posted:

They called Essendon and had a big whinge over the phone about what Draper said lol

Does that count as backing the coach?