Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Crows amazing. Blues inaccuracy not amazing.

Good to get the loss out of the way. Would hate to have the pressure of a perfect season going into the GF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Unbelievable, completely different team from previous weeks. They actually kept trying!

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
lol, also lmao

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Unbelievable, completely different team from previous weeks. They actually kept trying!

Also the stubborn pricks in the box finally relented and ran Soligo, Rachele, and Rankine through the midfield for a lot of the game instead of Crouch and Laird, which made us infinitely better

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

NTRabbit posted:

Also the stubborn pricks in the box finally relented and ran Soligo, Rachele, and Rankine through the midfield for a lot of the game instead of Crouch and Laird, which made us infinitely better

100%, much better movement

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
OK I just realised Ben King and Max King are identical twins. I was really confused there!!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

V for Vegas posted:

OK I just realised Ben King and Max King are identical twins. I was really confused there!!

As opposed to Harry and Ben McKay, who are one person pretending to be identical twins

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Gold Coast in the top 8. Good to see.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

NTRabbit posted:

Much less predictable tonight and surprise, surprise it actually worked.

Fair few close finishes today!

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Must say I didn’t have Jake stringer converts to Islam on my 2024 season bingo card

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Crows are BACK

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

North are trash but they have some nice guernseys this year

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Reid is into the fifth game of his career and already has a reputation as a ducker. Just tried to fend off a player, didn't work and got caught in a tackle, so he dropped the knees and threw the head back. Free kick.

It's not great, if you're that talented you don't need to play that way. Joel Selwood will never have the (positive) reputation he arguably deserves amongst the general AFL viewer base because of his ducking habit.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Footy gods really want to injure every Richmond player this year.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Frankly I'm enjoying watching them because they have shown spirit in every game, so much so I reckon they'd have been a shot at the 8 with better luck

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Windmill Hut posted:

Reid is into the fifth game of his career and already has a reputation as a ducker. Just tried to fend off a player, didn't work and got caught in a tackle, so he dropped the knees and threw the head back. Free kick.

It's not great, if you're that talented you don't need to play that way. Joel Selwood will never have the (positive) reputation he arguably deserves amongst the general AFL viewer base because of his ducking habit.

Rhys Mathieson with talent.

I’ll say this for Selwood, I reckon more often than not he was doing it to attempt to escape the tackle and keep play going. If the umpire paid a free kick for it then all the better. It still trash to watch but that’s more on the league than him.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Elliot Yeo looks good again this year. Free agent at the end of the year... would be a good target for a team in the premiership window but being a Perth native I doubt he'd leave.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Clarkson should be gone from the AFL altogether for that bullshit that went down at Hawthorn

This doesn't get mentioned enough.

Clarkson and Fagan bullied a girl, (multiple girls?), into getting an abortion. They tried to take away the support networks of girlfriend and family from young impressionable country town indigenous players because ... footy in more important.

gently caress them. It needs to be shouted long and loud. I hope North and Brisbane lose every loving game they play.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Imagine getting towelled up Robbie Rotten-lookin rear end, third tall in a middling team at best Jake Waterman

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

I thought Kelly was supposed to know how to kick the ball

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

BrigadierSensible posted:

This doesn't get mentioned enough.

Clarkson and Fagan bullied a girl, (multiple girls?), into getting an abortion. They tried to take away the support networks of girlfriend and family from young impressionable country town indigenous players because ... footy in more important.

gently caress them. It needs to be shouted long and loud. I hope North and Brisbane lose every loving game they play.

No no you don't understand, the media had to protect them because of *mumbled reasons something something process taking too long* and then stopped talking about them all together so that means they're innocent because it's been forgotten about. Happy end for everyone!

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Bitchmond

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

I'm mozzing us hard here, but I'm glad we are playing Richmond after the bye. Doubt they'll get any of their stars like Taranto and Hopper back for that game and might be without Short now too.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Brad Scott says Taryn Thomas is a good person and deserves a second chance (surely that would have been seven or eight chances ago)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I mean he only slapped his partner around, it's not like he did anything really wrong like whistlebowing right?

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
If we pick up Thomas I'm cancelling my membership

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Is that a possibility?(imean thomas playing afl again, not you cancelling your membership. You can cancel anytime you like. Im not your dad i csnt tell you what to do.)

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

From the AFL’s perspective there’s nothing stopping clubs adding him to their list. I think he’s a delisted free agent. I suspect he’d end up back at North since they tried pretty hard to keep him on their list, but no doubt there’s other clubs who would be sniffing around, particularly if he ends up getting some counselling and stops being a complete fuckwit.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
He'd still need to see out his suspension if he was picked up again I believe

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/DonCaldwelll/status/1778961790724157889

Sounds like the sort of player North could really use... oh well

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

gay picnic defence posted:

From the AFL’s perspective there’s nothing stopping clubs adding him to their list. I think he’s a delisted free agent. I suspect he’d end up back at North since they tried pretty hard to keep him on their list, but no doubt there’s other clubs who would be sniffing around, particularly if he ends up getting some counselling and stops being a complete fuckwit.

My understanding is the AFL have to agree, and he would also have to complete an education course on how not to be a gigantic piece of poo poo, before a club can sign him at the end of the year. He’s ineligible for the mid-season draft but could be signed as a delisted free agent at the end of the year at no draft cost (pending those conditions)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Clearly the AFL wanted Charlie Cameron to get off given the Lionel Hutz-esque performance of his barrister

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

NTRabbit posted:

Clearly the AFL wanted Charlie Cameron to get off given the Lionel Hutz-esque performance of his barrister

tackle safe?
no, potential to cause injury!

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Honestly among the dumbest tribunal decisions I can remember.

That action is inherently insanely loving dangerous. And then part of the reason they let him off with a fine is he’s never been suspended, because the last three times he was found guilty of rough conduct he got off with a fine.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

So they don't change the impact so it's reduced to a fine but they let Cameron off with the Good Bloke defence. No actually defending him dumping Lever on his head, he's just a good bloke.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Testekill posted:

So they don't change the impact so it's reduced to a fine but they let Cameron off with the Good Bloke defence. No actually defending him dumping Lever on his head, he's just a good bloke.

You only get suspended if you really mean it

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

It’s like the only real difference between Crouch and Butters was Butters won the ball (and is a Brownlow favourite)

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Isn't this what they tried with Houli? Like we already know this is not how it works?

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
Character references at the tribunal is bizarre. If they want to talk about what a good bloke he is, the AFL should be able to submit his Whatsapp messages from the Vegas trip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Speaking of good blokes

Not so sorry anymore apparently