Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Lions dead so what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
zorko realising he's never going to win a flag is crack to me.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Brisbane looked completely disinterested tonight. Absolutely no run or work ethic.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
It's eternally frustrating to see St. Kilda, year after year, still lacking the structure and skill execution that other teams take for granted.

If I don't see another snap kick from a Saints player in general play again in my lifetime, it'll be too soon.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

between getting out-coached by beveridge and failing to capitalise on port having no bench it hasn't been a great couple weeks for ross the boss

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

North Melbourne are bad. I hope this makes Alistair Clarkson sad.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Most Norf supporters on social media at the moment seem to count this round as a win because they say Ben McKay had a bad game and apparently that's all that matters

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
wow, didn't think Higgins tackle was so bad as to earn 3 weeks off but so be it

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
As someone who has watched every terrible minute of the Crows' season so far, North must be absolutely awful to make us look competent.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Melbourne have Geelong and Carlton next two games. Goodbye to the top 8.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Eagles are now the feel-good underdog while I hope North goes 0-22.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

Windmill Hut posted:

Melbourne have Geelong and Carlton next two games. Goodbye to the top 8.

Yeah, for the blues and cats

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Some nice percentage padding there for the Swans. Next Saturday v the Giants should be a cracker.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
The amount of terrible decisions by umpires that goes on unchecked despite being live on camera from many angles in the modern age has got me wondering not only about what kind of massive stinkers occurred in the past that we know through what people said at the time but what might have gone on in terms of corruption and cheating when things could more comfortably fly under the radar. Are there any good writeups about this, or any good stories anyone knows? Doesn't have to involve umpiring.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Rory Sloane has finally decided to hang up his boots after having suffered yet another detached retina at the start of the year. Definitely the right decision to leave, although realistically his career has been all but over since the ACL injury in 2022.

Had a disappointing last few years, but there was a period of around 8 or so years from 2011 to 2019 where he was an absolute gun. You could put him in a one-on-one contest against any player in the league and he would ensure he either won it or nullified it. He was my favourite player throughout that period of time. He also took up the captaincy for a few of our most challenging years before handing off to Dawson. Thanks for everything, Rory.

255 games
All-Australian 2016
Best and Fairest 2013, 2016
AFLPA Most Courageous 2017

cmndstab fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Apr 29, 2024

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

:patriot: to Sloane. I still remember your posts hyping him up before he debuted, cmndstab!

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

MysticalMachineGun posted:

:patriot: to Sloane. I still remember your posts hyping him up before he debuted, cmndstab!

I'm still 99% sure that it was me taking his Myspace pictures and posting them across the internet back in 2008 that caused him to set his account to private :allears:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

cmndstab posted:

I'm still 99% sure that it was me taking his Myspace pictures and posting them across the internet back in 2008 that caused him to set his account to private :allears:

:laffo:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I remember his debut game where he had 7 tackles and 6 disposals total, all handballs

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

NTRabbit posted:

I remember his debut game where he had 7 tackles and 6 disposals total, all handballs

It was a pretty impressive debut considering he didn't manage to kick the ball once.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

I guess Higgins doesn't pass the nice guy test

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

gently caress sake.

monolithburger fucked around with this message at 00:54 on May 2, 2024

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

How to remember which is which:
The C stands for Cats, the B stands for Bad

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
I kept my membership through the whole drugs saga but if we pick up Thomas I'm cancelling. Also wouldn't begrudge any player who wants a trade to not play with him as a teammate or for a coach that backs him

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-05-02/west-coast-harley-reid-rest-call-questioned-paul-roos/103790760

Some people need to shut the gently caress up.

How dare a 19 year old go home to see his family.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

NPR Journalizard posted:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-05-02/west-coast-harley-reid-rest-call-questioned-paul-roos/103790760

Also teams frequently bring multiple WA players as travelling emergencies so they can visit family even if they don't play.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

NPR Journalizard posted:

it's becoming more and more apparent with his stint at north and this podcast how much Roos' contribution to Melbourne was just "a guy you can't sack", allowing us to be bad with stability and anointing a successor with a lot of inbuilt political capital

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

monolithburger posted:

gently caress sake.

Spectacular misread of the room

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Looking forward to seeing the Sportsbet cash back special minutes after the players and coaches join arms against DV.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Solemn Sloth posted:

it's becoming more and more apparent with his stint at north and this podcast how much Roos' contribution to Melbourne was just "a guy you can't sack", allowing us to be bad with stability and anointing a successor with a lot of inbuilt political capital

Is the podcast that bad?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Spedman posted:

Is the podcast that bad?

It's not "we should recruit the first guy to get suspended for domestic abuse/harassment" bad, he just seems like he is very out of touch with the game.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

monolithburger posted:

gently caress sake.

That sure is a pair of headlines.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Crom?

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Is Dirty Balls another BT’ism? Yikes.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Crom!

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Didn't see the game but what an awful scoreline from Port

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

CROM

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Learning crom is norf but good

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

CROM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches